The Official Western Conference 1st Round Thread: (3) L.A. Clippers vs (6) Golden State

Who wins?

• SoCal

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • NorCal

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Both teams would lose to the Knicks, the "Best team on paper"

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have thought there'd at least be some comments on here considering the Warrior population...

Not easy to catch the weekday games.

The Dubs contingent here is pretty consistent, certainly wouldn't call them fickle. I gather the Nugs/Dubs feud lingers on?...

The Dubs contingent here is pretty consistent, certainly wouldn't call them fickle. I gather the Nugs/Dubs feud lingers on?...
It's OK, the dubs have the better fans according to Jermaine ;-)

A lot of anti-clippers posters. Had it be the other way around there'd be a lot of bagging out

I guess all those years of Clippers success really grates on folks here.

Still, we can't begrudge their long-suffering fans some belated success after sticking with the team for so long.

Nah not a stab at them at all, just genuine surprise.
Having said that, I hope Iggy and the Dubs get smashed rest of the series too! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair to say we got pantsed.

Haven't seen the game (only got to watch the overtime of the first game during lunch) but it looks like everybody sucked, and griffen came out all-water-cups blazing after his foul trouble last game.

Definitely the condensed version for me tonight. Looks ugly but I'll take the split away any day.

Definitely the condensed version for me tonight. Looks ugly but I'll take the split away any day.

That's about the meat of it really - after the Clips jumped you so thoroughly in the first half, then it was a fait accompli that you guys wouldn't bother wasting petrol tickets trying to retrieve a lost cause... not with a split already in the bag.

Hence, nothing to see in the second half. If it'd been Indy or Houston blowing a second game at home today instead, then we'd all have been tuning in to watch the car crash.

So those people saying that the Clippers shouldn't be doubling Steph every time he goes around a screen change their mind tonight?
Was that early on? Did the early foul trouble on klay impact their defensive strategy?

Missed the game

The gsw fans were being dipshits, loudly yelling clapping and mocking Griffin's ejection centimetres away from his face. I don't know why anyone thought it was a good idea to let opposition fans sit that close to Clips players, especially if they're gonna act like dickheads. So taking that into consideration those morons can consider themselves lucky it was only water that Blake threw in their faces. Someone like Metta World Peace would not have shown the same amount of restraint.

where do you want them to sit? does it mean opposition fans have to sit in the bleachers?

blake was off the court, so technically he was in fans real estate. kind of like when humans swim in the sharks ocean and complain when sharkie takes a bite.

the spillage of water onto fan was funny. i dont think anyone hates him for it, dunno what the fan said, but given gen Y he probably took a selfie and then posted to twitter etc.

i think we all agree we dont want violence between fan and player ever again

Any douchebags that start heckling and clapping in an exaggerated manner (they were pretty still and quiet before Griffin started getting near) whenever an ejected/fouled out player heads their way (Blake had to go there as that's where Rivers was waiting for him) deserve everything they get.

They're lucky Blake didn't single them out to security for inappropriate front seat behaviour.

blake should launch himself at a loose ball and collect some fans.

32183-Lakers-bro-deal-with-it-gif-phtM.gif

where do you want them to sit? does it mean opposition fans have to sit in the bleachers?

blake was off the court, so technically he was in fans real estate. kind of like when humans swim in the sharks ocean and complain when sharkie takes a bite.

the spillage of water onto fan was funny. i dont think anyone hates him for it, dunno what the fan said, but given gen Y he probably took a selfie and then posted to twitter etc.

i think we all agree we dont want violence between fan and player ever again
As long as the fans who purchase these seats behave with a bit of class and decorum there shouldn't be an issue. Gesticulating and talking trash about a player when he's only centimetres away from them isn't what I would've thought to be appropriate behaviour for fans seating that close to the players.

As long as the fans who purchase these seats behave with a bit of class and decorum there shouldn't be an issue. Gesticulating and talking trash about a player when he's only centimetres away from them isn't what I would've thought to be appropriate behaviour for fans seating that close to the players.

afl crowds be put on notice too!

Back