Sport The Offseason - What other sports do you watch?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just realised this thread. Don't check the Scratching Post as often as I should. :oops:

I don't mind watching NFL, and have pretty much watched the entire BBL. Haven't really watched much of the tennis this year, but did catch the last 4 sets of the Nick Kyrgios match last week. Stuff Bernard Tomic, that kid is gonna be a star! He can play through an injury too.

Had to feel for one of the blokes I ten pin bowl with. Poor guy is a long suffering Melbourne and Kansas City Chiefs fan (what a combination!) He was rapt the Chiefs were actually winning games. Watched their wildcard play off match, and couldn't believe they were up 38-10 halfway through the third quarter, only to go on and lose 45-44. :eek:

Hate tennis with a passion. I hope the cricket delivers but whilst we have soft-utensils like Clark and Watson in the team I can't see that happening. Just watch Ambrose take 7 for 1 on the youtubes. God I miss those days :(
That won't be happening for much longer
Just read the cricket board and other various news articles.
The 3 nation led icc Australia England and India with their current proposal will undoubtedly kill cricket and sadly our board is taking the short term greed option

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/story/710723.html?CMP=NLC-DLY

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/big-3-could-control-revamped-icc.1046785/

If this get up tomorrow I wonder how long it will take for India to discard the ecb and ca like yesterday's lunch. :thumbsdown: CA :thumbsdown:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw that. Fingers crossed South Africa can get in the way! Though if India play any funny buggers all the other countries will just start up a new comp I think.

I saw that. Fingers crossed South Africa can get in the way! Though if India play any funny buggers all the other countries will just start up a new comp I think.

i dont see how when WI, SL, Bangladesh, SA cricket boards are all broke relying on tours from the 'big 3', England and Australia are siding with the BCCI and pakistan will become broke if they cant play at home or against india (which currently they are doing neither).

I can see where CA is coming from, on the one hand no one likes BCCI running the game which they effectively are, but you cant side with nations who are broke and unviable without the revenue from indian tours, india dont want to play against those nations anyway, so the ECB and CA are between a rock and a hard place and have decided to side with the BCCI so they have a vote, but one feels it won't be long until India kick us to the kerb and run the game themselves.

Sir Don and Kerry would be turning in their graves. Sad times

I guess its the old if you can't beat them join them deal. The whole relegation deal minus Aus, India and the Poms stinks to high heaven though.And the Indian's attitude is pretty shitty overall but I guess when you generate most of the revenue...

Will be interesting when India start to suck at Cricket again.

I guess its the old if you can't beat them join them deal. The whole relegation deal minus Aus, India and the Poms stinks to high heaven though.And the Indian's attitude is pretty shitty overall but I guess when you generate most of the revenue...

Yeh I know
How can you have a system of promotion relegation based on meritocrisy and then say btw these countries can't be relegated, defeats the purpose I would have thought

The problem is that countries like Australia, England and sa and by extension their people love test cricket but the people from the other nations don't go to tests and therefore are not financially sustainable, which for those countries t20 is viable but England, SA and Australia insist tests must remain but is unviable with only those nations and India so there appears to be a wedge right down the middle of the icc

Who would want to be a board member in the icc? Your ****ed either way, testing times ahead one would think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one "advantage" it may provide is being able to lock out Bangladesh and Zimbabwe and replace them with a better side - problem is one doesn't really exist.

Big 3 proposal was voted in yesterday 8 yes votes and PCB and SL abstaining

BCCI chairman Srinivasan is now chairman of the ICC board while cricket Australia chairman is now head of the new executive committee and ECB chairman is the head of the finances committee. Too much power for too few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back