The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the sweaties playoff game.

Commentator just said motherwell had some experienced campaigners out there.

I laughed #bigfootyhumour

Whenever I hear someone use the term 'campaigner' I can't help but smile, thanks to Bigfooty haha.

30 year anniversary of Heysel today. Generally passes without too much attention in the English press but there are a lot of interesting, quite harrowing first hand accounts of the day in the press atm.

Different times, we probably take the "match day experience" for granted a bit nowadays.

30 year anniversary of Heysel today. Generally passes without too much attention in the English press but there are a lot of interesting, quite harrowing first hand accounts of the day in the press atm.

Different times, we probably take the "match day experience" for granted a bit nowadays.
Good article echoing your sentiments http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-32898612

Amazing the game still went ahead.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...dium-tragedy-liverpool-juventus-eamonn-mccabe

Eyewitness account from one of the journalists who covered the game. Quite simply one of the darkest & saddest days in the history of football, and it remains to this day a stain on the history of my club.

All we can do is remember the 39 who fell and continue to support any initiatives which serve to eradicate the type of widespread hooliganism that plagued European and English football in particular during the 1980's.

image.jpg

CGBcYk0WIAAiifj.png
I find this intriguing.
Im surprised Bayern Munich is above Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool
I don't get how Chelsea is above Liverpool.
I don't get how PSG is above Arsenal and Liverpool

Madrid/Barca is obvious on their players. Thought it'd be the other way round though.
Chelsea/Arsenal would have the boost of people getting Cesc/Alexis tops (like Ozil last year)
But what does PSG have?

Real Madrid had 3 beautiful kits this season. They sold in Colombia like hot cakes

I find this intriguing.

Madrid/Barca is obvious on their players. Thought it'd be the other way round though.
Chelsea/Arsenal would have the boost of people getting Cesc/Alexis tops (like Ozil last year)
But what does PSG have?
Chelsea have alot of fans in South America. PSG have quite nice shirts

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find this intriguing.

But what does PSG have?

Ibra but also a huge following in South America with Thiago Silva, Pastore, Cavani, Lucas Moura, Marquinhos, Lavezzi would all pull in more shirt sales than most Arsenal players.

Arsenal would have - Ozil, Sanchez outside of Britain.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt even know how they track those numbers though? I mean there are so many knock off Liverpool shirts getting sold all around the world. It's not like LFC fans in third world countries can jump online and order the new kit off the LFC website for 60 quid.

I wouldnt even know how they track those numbers though? I mean there are so many knock off Liverpool shirts getting sold all around the world. It's not like LFC fans in third world countries can jump online and order the new kit off the LFC website for 60 quid.
And this isn't the same for Arsenal? Chelsea? Barcelona? etc.

Just off soccerbase.

Aguero 37 + 5 sub appearances
Kane 39 + 12
Sanchez 49 + 2
Hazard 49 + 3

Got a few doubts on those (Sanchez 10 games in "other" comps, Hazard 38 league games but on phone and cba getting laptop out to check).

The goal stats came from the bbc fa cup pre game.

U20 World Cup on over in NZ at the moment. The competition usually unearths a couple of diamonds:

2013 we saw the likes of Bruma (Por); Pogba, Zouma, Kondogbia, Digne (Fra); Juan Quintero (Col); Jese Rodriguez, Suso, Oliver Torres, Deulofeu, Saul Niguez, Alacer (Spa); Calhanoglu (Tur); Stones, Flanagan, Ward-Prowse, Barkley & Kane (Eng) all use the tournament to either secure big moves or as a platform to step into their respective first teams at club level the following season.

This year it seems Brandt (Ger), Correa, Simeone (son of Diego) (Arg), Lopes (Por) & Pereira (Bra) will be the ones to watch. Anyone else worth keeping an eye on?

Just off soccerbase.

Aguero 37 + 5 sub appearances
Kane 39 + 12
Sanchez 49 + 2
Hazard 49 + 3

Got a few doubts on those (Sanchez 10 games in "other" comps, Hazard 38 league games but on phone and cba getting laptop out to check).

The goal stats came from the bbc fa cup pre game.
Whoscored stats pretty much back it up (includes League, FA Cup, League Cup, UCL, UEL, no internationals):

Aguero - 37 (5) Games - 32 Goals + 8 Assists = 40
Kane - 35 (12) Games - 29 Goals + 4 Assists = 33
Sanchez - 47 (2) Games - 24 Goals + 9 Assists = 33
Hazard - 49 (3) Games - 19 Goals + 11 Assists = 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back