The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well they have been on holidays since March.
snap.jpg

On the advertiser website, they just put up that Liverpool is doing an open training session (for $20) when in Adelaide.
They said Coopers Stadium.

But does anyone know if by Coopers Stadium they mean Norwood Oval or Hindmarsh Stadium?

Logic dictates Hindmarsh, but you never know with South Australians. We do build 1 way freeways :$

Bloody hell. West Ham's season starts in 10 days.

Europa League qualifier against FC Lusitans of Andorra. Away leg on July 2, home leg on July 9.

Will anyone be back from holidays?

Are you sure? Looks like they'll be still be on holidays...

CIGbjOHWsAACLFr.jpg

http://investwithandorra.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/andorra-city.jpg
http://www.30diesandorra.com/uploads/2/6/3/6/26360714/9909096_orig.jpg
http://www.astiaconsultancy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/AndorraLaVella.jpg

Note that the above stadium is used for all Andorran top tier and 2nd tier games, it is one of three stadiums in the country, holding 900 people only.

FC Lusitanos, a club that I would suspect most people here are older than (they're only 16), 4 prior campaigns in Europe, 4 goals scored, 33 conceded in 8 games. No wins. They only boast one international, the 39 year old Oscar Sonejee. They could send the reserves, or even the U18s, and they could get the job done (or at least you hope they would get the job done.)

Actually, it should be noted that these guys are more Portuguese, which you can tell by their crest. The club is made up of mostly Portuguese immigrants to Andorra (which is a skiing country, as well as a good spot to park some cash, wink wink), the nickname for such people are Lusos, so hence the club name.

Either way, this will be amusing as all heck. I would love to see this on TV.

Are you sure? Looks like they'll be still be on holidays...

CIGbjOHWsAACLFr.jpg

http://investwithandorra.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/andorra-city.jpg
http://www.30diesandorra.com/uploads/2/6/3/6/26360714/9909096_orig.jpg
http://www.astiaconsultancy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/AndorraLaVella.jpg

Note that the above stadium is used for all Andorran top tier and 2nd tier games, it is one of three stadiums in the country, holding 900 people only.

FC Lusitanos, a club that I would suspect most people here are older than (they're only 16), 4 prior campaigns in Europe, 4 goals scored, 33 conceded in 8 games. No wins. They only boast one international, the 39 year old Oscar Sonejee. They could send the reserves, or even the U18s, and they could get the job done (or at least you hope they would get the job done.)

Actually, it should be noted that these guys are more Portuguese, which you can tell by their crest. The club is made up of mostly Portuguese immigrants to Andorra (which is a skiing country, as well as a good spot to park some cash, wink wink), the nickname for such people are Lusos, so hence the club name.

Either way, this will be amusing as all heck. I would love to see this on TV.

Let me guess. Dirty Bird is their #1 supporter :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

funny that the aptly named fc andorra actually play in the spanish leagues.

The oldest club in Andorra, long before Andorra's structure had ever been set up. The club dreams to reach La Liga. The highest they've reached is the 3rd tier. In fact, they just got promoted from the 6th tier last season. Still a long way to go.

As noted in the Owners topic, there's San Marino Calcio, now playing in the Serie D after their relegation. Their highest is the Serie C1.

In fact, the only tiny nations that have clubs in the top tier of a bigger country are AS Monaco in France, Valduz in Switzerland (Even if they win the league, they still can't make the CL, which makes them the only country champion that can't play CL football due to Liechtenstein's lack of structure. They can still make it to the CL if they win the Europa), and finally... Swansea in the Premier League (sorry, just had to.) I suppose you can count Derry City (Nth Ireland in R. Ireland), but no one cares.

Kreuuuzeurns Swiss Ramble did an assessment on Cardiffs finances here.

Thanks mate, interesting to see the exact figures. We wasted a lot of money especially in that PL year.

Glad to see the club now knows where it stands, I think the debt can be kept under control with Slade at the helm (your typical league 1 acquire players on the free type). Tan has also to his credit changed for the better lately, connecting with the fans.

For those who want to know just how silly we were, look up Andreas Cornelius. Bought for 8m on 45k wages, sold back to Copenhagen 6 months later. Cost the club 10m for a single goal. Baffling.

Thanks mate, interesting to see the exact figures. We wasted a lot of money especially in that PL year.

Glad to see the club now knows where it stands, I think the debt can be kept under control with Slade at the helm (your typical league 1 acquire players on the free type). Tan has also to his credit changed for the better lately, connecting with the fans.

For those who want to know just how silly we were, look up Andreas Cornelius. Bought for 8m on 45k wages, sold back to Copenhagen 6 months later. Cost the club 10m for a single goal. Baffling.
Was Cornelius bought due to Solskjaer?

I still remember saying he was a horrible buy and you getting annoyed at me calling it so early. :p

Was Cornelius bought due to Solskjaer?

Nope was a Malky signing. Very dodgy deal including plenty of agent fees and money reportedly making its way back to Malky and our head recruiter Moody, reportedly up to 500k!

I still remember saying he was a horrible buy and you getting annoyed at me calling it so early. :p

Yeah I do remember too, in hindsight you could see he'd flop, but to be fair he was our first PL signing and was already scoring at national level! Didn't really get a good run but in reality he never worked harder than Campbell and wasn't experienced enough to play the hoof ball game like Kenwyne did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back