The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mou owned Rafa and his wife with the original response (ruining inter etc), the misogynistic and personal insults at the end weren't necessary imo. Should have taken the high road and stuck to football related matters.
Wasn't needed but doesn't take away from the fact he shot her football comments down IMO

The point is that the crowd is not calling him names, or hurling racist abuse. And there is no proof that the boos are race-related anyway (though there is probably a racial element for some people). They are just booing, as they are entitled to do to anyone.

If they were insulting Goodes by calling him names or mocking him directly, that would be different.

I just find it funny that one could be so blasé about direct personal insults but so outraged by boos.

People have been ejected at a number of grounds. You think they're getting ejected for booing?

Well they're wrong too.

I can't speak for everyone but I kid on here about it because I know they'll never see it. There's no way known I'd ever chant it

So you'd prefer someone telling you that you were a fat bloke who's wife feeds him too much, rather than hearing you're a s**t baker/chef? Interesting.

Each to their own I guess :thumbsu:

So what you're saying is you're happy to hide behind a computer screen and call people names and hurl insults when there's no way they can find out and get angry at you?

People have been ejected at a number of grounds. You think they're getting ejected for booing?

As I said above, there are a few morons in any crowd.

The general issue is booing, which is nowhere near as bad as the direct, personal abuse in which Mourinho engaged here.

So what you're saying is you're happy to hide behind a computer screen and call people names and hurl insults when there's no way they can find out and get angry at you?
Yes :)

I say it without meaning and I can afford to do that because they won't see it. I would never say it to him or say it in an environment where he could hear/see it.

Yes I'm aware the logic is terrible and that I'm essentially a hypocrite but you know better than to try and argue against my craziness :straining::p

On Jose, poke the bear and you'll get the horns.....

tumblr_n4vfm0Lama1srjmswo2_500.gif

Sorry Bojan, just wanted an excuse to post this gif. Someone was talking about Spiderman yesterday so this was fresh in the mind. :D

On the incident itself though, didn't expect it would cause so much discussion.

Personally, I can sort of see where Mou is coming from (with his reaction).

He's got a long history with Rafa and then Rafa's wife makes a comment (I think it was made tongue in cheek but there probably is an element of barb/animosity to it too - as you'd expect of a wife to defend/side with her husband) directly relating to Mou's reputation and career as a manager; I can see why he'd take offence (as his competency in his profession is being criticised by a rival - even if the words come from the wife of said rival).

Maybe the diet comment was a bit much, though I don't think its 'that' bad. Mou has said worse and most fans call Sam Allardyce as 'fat' Sam. As SM pointed out, Bruce has copped a bit too about his weight.

Personally think the bit about Inter was the best bit.

tumblr_n4vfm0Lama1srjmswo2_500.gif

Sorry Bojan, just wanted an excuse to post this gif. Someone was talking about Spiderman yesterday so this was fresh in the mind. :D

On the incident itself though, didn't expect it would cause so much discussion.

Personally, I can sort of see where Mou is coming from (with his reaction).

He's got a long history with Rafa and then Rafa's wife makes a comment (I think it was made tongue in cheek but there probably is an element of barb/animosity to it too - as you'd expect of a wife to defend/side with her husband) directly relating to Mou's reputation and career as a manager; I can see why he'd take offence (as his competency in his profession is being criticised by a rival - even if the words come from the wife of said rival).

Maybe the diet comment was a bit much, though I don't think its 'that' bad. Mou has said worse and most fans call Sam Allardyce as 'fat' Sam. As SM pointed out, Bruce has copped a bit too about his weight.

Personally think the bit about Inter was the best bit.
Agree mate, didn't think there would be as much comment either and whilst the diet comment wasn't necessary, it made me laugh :D

Anyone who has a crack at Mou should expect it back and in spades. The Inter bit is the funniest and is undoubtedly true.

Additionally, why did Rafa's missus feel the need to make the comments in the first place? It almost seemed prepared.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sucked in?

He blew them both out of the water. Enjoy Rafa.

I really didn't wanna do this...

Chef, why the sudden juvenile snobbing of Rafa? I remembered you distinctly saying this when Mourinho just took over for his 2nd stint and didn't have the best of starts:

True.

I may be in the minority but i would have been happy with Rafa staying on. To bad this was improbable because of a portion of the supporters.
:(
Have no problems with Oscar playing in front of Mata in the middle, but sheez he should be out on the left instead of Hazard. Sadly Juan won't be at the Bridge for much longer. :(

70% childish grudge 30% a Chelsea legend(RDM) getting shafted.

I liked Rafa.

Why suddenly sink to the "childish grudge" level of those "portion of the supporters" now? You're far better than this

And it was pretty juvenile of Mourinho for those end comments, if it was someone else saying it to a Chelsea person you wouldn't be too happy

Last edited:
I really didn't wanna do this...

Chef, why the sudden juvenile snobbing of Rafa? I remembered you distinctly saying this when Mourinho just took over for his 2nd stint and didn't have the best of starts:

Why suddenly sink to the level of those "portion of the supporters" now? You're far better than this

And it was pretty juvenile of Mourinho for those end comments, if it was someone else saying it to a Chelsea person you wouldn't be too happy

As you know I'm not a Rafa hater (i do think that he's not what he was though), i would have been happy with him staying(and i said that a few times) but am happy to admit how wrong i got it at the time(things have turned out alright). And as you should also know i dont agree with everything Mou says or the club does, i think I'm impartial enough. My opinion on this has nothing to do with who i support, i just thought it was funny.

That first comment was just a bit of mild bantz back at Typeclub, we don't mind a bit of too and through between each other. Nothing serious.

I just thought it was funny and some great #bantz from Mou, Rafa and his wife have been expecting him to bite back and i doubt he'd be worried at all by what Mou said. Storm in a teacup.

I'm surprised at the uproar this seems to have caused.

Last edited:
Not the first time good old Montse Benitez has had a go at Chelsea, either directly or indirectly. I remember her taking a parting shot at the fans when Rafa finished his tenure with us.

She obviously has a problem with us. I know Rafa never comes out and says anything of great substance in the media (unless he goes full * - it's either all or nothing with him), so you can only imagine the grovelling he does behind the scenes to his wife and co.

She should just stay out of it IMO. Getting involved in an exchange of words with Mourinho is never going to end well for you, he'll always win.

Not the first time good old Montse Benitez has had a go at Chelsea, either directly or indirectly. I remember her taking a parting shot at the fans when Rafa finished his tenure with us.

She obviously has a problem with us. I know Rafa never comes out and says anything of great substance in the media (unless he goes full ****** - it's either all or nothing with him), so you can only imagine the grovelling he does behind the scenes to his wife and co.

She should just stay out of it IMO. Getting involved in an exchange of words with Mourinho is never going to end well for you, he'll always win.
Can't imagine why she might have been unhappy with the fans...

If I were Benitez that comment would definitely get under my skin more than a petty barb about physical appearances.
I don't know, he gave the Inter board ultimatum to refresh the squad or he's out. Then they sacked him, backing the squad, but the squad never won s**t again and ended up mid table for years. So Rafa will walking away knowing he was correct.

Can't imagine why she might have been unhappy with the fans...
"Farewell plastic flag fans with scruffy A4 banners!"

You can go about it in better ways than that. That's just a silly, childish jibe. She gives as good as she gets.

"Farewell plastic flag fans with scruffy A4 banners!"

You can go about it in better ways than that. That's just a silly, childish jibe. She gives as good as she gets.
Oh no doubt.

But she is married to the guy who was treated like s**t by the supporters. I don't agree with what she said but I can understand why she might not be fond of your supporters.

Montse is an intelligent lady and much loved in Liverpool, she most likely didn't mean the whole "clean up the mess thing", was meant as a joke/trolling, but seem to have greatly upset Mourinho. The Benitez family is probably laughing about it

Besides, was she wrong about the plastic flags and scruffy A4 banners?

cleflag.jpg

fulpa_2419963k.jpg

Montse is an intelligent lady and much loved in Liverpool, she most likely didn't mean the whole "clean up the mess thing", was meant as a joke/trolling, but seem to have greatly upset Mourinho. The Benitez family is probably laughing about it

So hers was a joke but Mou's not?

Not sure he's greatly upset, he corrected her and gave a little joke/troll back.

Besides, was she wrong about the plastic flags and scruffy A4 banners?

cleflag.jpg

fulpa_2419963k.jpg
Firing RDM and bringing in Rafa is the equivalent of Pool firing Kenny and replacing him with Moyes. You'd be pissed off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back