The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think we'll be fine. hopefully he only misses a couple of games, it looked more like discomfort than a full on tear. hopefully the club fires up on this one and asks serious questions of the argentine fa, why they played an injured player. clubs are the ones who pay the most, monetary wise and football wise. we did fine with milner, silva and even pozo playing up top. now there's the selection of bony, kelechi, silva, de bruyne and sterling. we're probably better placed to deal with this even without buying a 3rd choice striker.

I'd say Arsenal are a better team than you guys without Aguero. Sterling can't finish, Bony is struggling. KDB is of course great but isn't a forward. Kelechi isn't up to EPL standard yet. Aguero long term would be a massive loss for City. You'll be crossing your fingers that this hammy injury isn't too serious.

I'd say Arsenal are a better team than you guys without Aguero. Sterling can't finish, Bony is struggling. KDB is of course great but isn't a forward. Kelechi isn't up to EPL standard yet. Aguero long term would be a massive loss for City. You'll be crossing your fingers that this hammy injury isn't too serious.

we didnt lose a game last season when we were in a worse situation personnel wise. kelechi is a better player than pozo. we have multiple people and ways to play with this happening. the club has experience with playing without a striker and are better equipped than last season to do so.

we didnt lose a game last season when we were in a worse situation personnel wise. kelechi is a better player than pozo. we have multiple people and ways to play with this happening. the club has experience with playing without a striker and are better equipped than last season to do so.

We'll see. My money is on Arsenal winning the title if Aguero is out long term. Bony, Sterling & Kelechi just aren't good enough to cover his loss IMO.

So they should be though. I'd be so bloody excited about playing for Australia every opportunity I got to!
This 100%.

It should be a 3 way effort between the club doctors, international doctor and the player. If they all agree and he then get's injured then the fault is shared.

The Schlupp case comes to mind before the Cup of Nations. The Ghana doctor went over there to check him out and didn't think he was fit enough for the team. He of course played in our next game for us. Staying in the UK with the medical staff on hand was best for his recovery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember this discussion moomba? Assuming that is a tear, the pressure is on Bony & Sterling now to stand up during his absence. It'll be interesting to see how long he's out for because as I said, if it's a bad one then having made the call not to sign another striker in the summer, your title hopes this season could hinge on whether those 2 can pick up the slack.

Not going to bother with the link, I presume theres an I told you so somewhere in there.

Upsetting of course if Aguero is out (international football can ead). But I'm more than happy with three forwards in the squad along with three or four that can play there in an emergency. Playing 1 upfront means that you just can't keep 4 forwards in the squad happy. If Kelechi was a senior player it would be hard enough giving three of them enough game time.

Not going to bother with the link, I presume theres an I told you so somewhere in there.

:D

"Not sure the presumption that aguero will miss 1-2 months is a sound one."

Upsetting of course if Aguero is out (international football can ead). But I'm more than happy with three forwards in the squad along with three or four that can play there in an emergency. Playing 1 upfront means that you just can't keep 4 forwards in the squad happy. If Kelechi was a senior player it would be hard enough giving three of them enough game time.

Yeah I understand that side of the argument, that it's difficult to balance playing time etc, but for me I'd personally prefer a little more insurance for guys like Sturridge or Aguero when you can almost guarantee you're going to be without them for significant chunks of each season.

As it stands you're heading into the busiest stretch of the season where you'll be playing a game every 3-4 days for the next 2 months with 1 recognised goal scorer. Big challenge for Sterling now to step up in those games when Bony is rested, he's an extremely well rounded attacker but his finishing still needs some work for him to be a genuinely decent and reliable solution at CF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back