Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
To the non Liverpool and Spurs fans, who has had a better season Coutinho or Eriksen? Only 4 months separating them before the Liverpool fans get their knickers in a twist about Eriksen being 23! :rolleyes:
Eriksen. Been huge for Spurs.

Coutinho is the better player. It's not all about goals and assists. Eriksen gets his goals more from dead ball situations too. Coutinho more from open play. On the ball though, Coutinho is superior.

Eriksen is very good though, no slight on him.
Now perhaps you can actually answer his question. Though everyone knows what it is already.

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
posted elsewhere - but thought I should share here too, way to good not to

B_IPc9RXIAAPlix.jpg:large

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Different kind of players but I prefer Eriksen. He controls the game for Spurs. Coutinho is more icing on the cake. As for this season, Eriksen seems to rescue Spurs with a late goal or assist every few weeks so him for mine.

I posted my thoughts on this in another thread:
My only issue with Eriksen is that having watched him closely over the last month or so, while he is undoubtedly a quality player I don't believe he threatens his opponents as persistently as some of the other top attacking mids in the league. You watch guys like Silva, Hazard, Oscar, Coutinho, Fabregas etc, and they are working inbetween the lines, causing havoc and testing their opponents for the full 90 minutes. Defenders never get a break and have to be on their game every second of the match to keep them quiet. When we played against Spurs I was wary of Eriksen getting the ball (or us giving away a free kick on the edge of the area given his outstanding set piece taking ability) but to be honest he didn't really trouble our midfield outside of 1 or 2 moments during the game.

To be fair to him, he is an exceptional striker of the ball so when he eventually gets the ball in a threatening position he delivers that killer pass or free kick more often than not. As a result he's scored a few goals which is what we notice when we watch the highlights etc, but if you asked me to pick the best attacking mid in the league this season he'd be behind a handful of other players.

Coutinho being 1 of them in my opinion. As for the Brazilian being more of a luxury player? Have to disagree, he is the architect for Liverpool. All of our attacking play goes through him at #10, he isn't just a flair player sitting out on the wing doing a couple of stepovers every now and then. He is heavily involved in everything we do going forward, constantly picking holes in defences and creating openings for his team mates with his passing and dribbling. While in the past his fitness was questioned, he is now doing that for the full 90 minutes every single week.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
I posted my thoughts on this in another thread:

Coutinho being 1 of them in my opinion. As for the Brazilian being more of a luxury player? Have to disagree, he is the architect for Liverpool. All of our attacking play goes through him at #10, he isn't just a flair player sitting out on the wing doing a couple of stepovers every now and then. He is heavily involved in everything we do going forward, constantly picking holes in defences and creating openings for his team mates with his passing and dribbling. While in the past his fitness was questioned, he is now doing that for the full 90 minutes every single week.
Fair enough mate. I'm not slighting Coutinho. I think Coutinho plays in a more advanced role than Eriksen, hence the icing comment. Coutinho offers more going forward but can be wasteful and loses possession easily sometimes. Eriksen controls the play more for spurs than Coutinho does for Pool. They are different players with different play styles so it's more a personal preference for me and i understand your points.

Why do most liverpool supporters think everything and everyone is against them?
Is this a serious question? This is scouse mentality in a nutshell. Permeates this board as it does in real life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Maybe it's been posted before, but a mate showed me a picture of Johnson's supposed underage chick... jeepers, she looks mid-20s.

I can see why he hit that (no pedo).

You'd want to stay welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll away from that kind of information. Anyone that identifies a child in a case like that is walking on very thin ice.

Supposedly he already knew she was underage....so doesn't matter how old she looks.

a_6d21f203.jpg

(Allegedly)

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Interesting I say Coutinho vs Eriksen without Liverpool or Spurs supporters to say who and only Liverpool supporters have said Coutinho. Illiterate and bias it seems :p
Coutinho doesn't score enough imo, yeah great he scored a wonder goal on the weekend but once every 10 games ain't enough for an attacking mid

Nallad

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Mo Salah just scored an absolute ripper against Juventus. He's in some real form at the moment. Keep banging them in son $$$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back