The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt.

We'd probably have been relegated though.

Terry is still performing at a higher level but I don't know he's as vital to Chelsea as Cambiasso is to us. You could throw another CB into the Chelsea lineup and they'd still go on alright, albeit probably not quite as well.

You still might well. Amazing what a couple of wins does. :p

I think if Zouma & Cahill were their first choice pairing they wouldn't be winning the league
I think we still would have this season, but no doubt that's a much weaker pairing than Terry & Cahill/Zouma

John Terry really is an absolute animal. Gotta be the best Premier League defender of all time.

I think if Zouma & Cahill were their first choice pairing they wouldn't be winning the league

Not sure about that one(not much competition this year), but we'd miss Terry's leadership and organisation more than his playing skill IMO.

Zouma and Cahill would still be decent and I'd think we'd still be out front.

You could throw another CB into the Chelsea lineup and they'd still go on alright, albeit probably not quite as well.

Interesting point you make, I kind of agree. The way Mourinho sets up his sides has always been designed to make life easier for the defenders from a tactical perspective. Not to take anything away from that back 4 because they've been superb, but the organization of the team and the impetus on defending as a unit and not conceding first and foremost means that Chelsea's CB's are less exposed and arguably have less work to do than their counterparts at City, Liverpool etc.

Interesting point you make, I kind of agree. The way Mourinho sets up his sides has always been designed to make life easier for the defenders from a tactical perspective. Not to take anything away from that back 4 because they've been superb, but the organization of the team and the impetus on defending as a unit and not conceding first and foremost means that Chelsea's CB's are less exposed and arguably have less work to do than their counterparts at City, Liverpool etc.

I think a lot of Cahills worries have come from Ivanovic pushing forward and leaving him exposed.

Crouch being sussed out by Newcastle Jets apparently..

He'll probably go to the MLS if he leaves England (seems to be the growing trend) but reckon he still has a year or so left in him.

Given how skint the Jets are, we'd be better off going for your man 'the Beast' SM - 30 goals in all comps this season! ;)

Apparently his agent has floated the option in the past so he'd probably be open to it, the problem is he wanted way, way too much to do it.

That's a shame, would be great to see one of the big A League clubs throwing a good offer at him (even if it's only a 10 game stint or something).

Think I read he scored 2 goals in the Mexican League over the weekend...after coming on in the 84th minute or something!

I think we still would have this season, but no doubt that's a much weaker pairing than Terry & Cahill/Zouma

John Terry really is an absolute animal. Gotta be the best Premier League defender of all time.
Debatable, but he is up there.

Rio in his day was ******* great. Campbell, Stam, Vidic.

Tony Adams probably number one though.

Debatable, but he is up there.

Rio in his day was ******* great. Campbell, Stam, Vidic.

Tony Adams probably number one though.
Ashley Cole and Desailly would be in the argument too. If Stam played more of his career in the EPL he'd romp it in imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think people forget how good Rio was because he was out shadowed by Vidic in later years.

Even with Ronaldo dominating in our Champions League run in 2008 I've always thought that it was the solidity of Rio and Vidic's partnership that got us over the line in most of the big games.

At Chelsea he was a beast. I'm sure chef agrees.

He was a beast(and scored some important goals), but came to a sad end at Chelsea which taints the memory a bit. Very versatile defender, though he didn't like playing out wide much.

And we got a pretty handy player for him too.

He was quite good at Arsenal too, for a while anyway before his Dawson gif meltdown.

Arsenal the clear winner in that transaction with Chelsea.

Pity Cole tainted his Arsenal rep over something so bloody trivial.

Chelsea being fined £300,000 for blatant tapping up :rolleyes: oh no that'll hurt their hip pocket!

"trembling with anger" at his pay rise? Absolute campaigner.

5 million + Gallas? Meh I was pretty livid at that deal. Would have rather taken cold hard cash considering Gallas was in the final year of his Chelsea contract anyway.

s**t deal for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back