The ONLY POSITIVE thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't want any of these heroes talking negative about that kind of effort, want to read about what people really liked, and what people really like about what's going on at the moment.

I'm loving Crisp and Adams stepping up in the midfield and showing that they can be good explosive stoppage players.

I'm loving Marley Williams in AA form. And he and Tom Langdon down back are going to be brilliant rebounders for the next 10 years.

Pendles, obviously.

I really liked Jesse White's efforts and think he is having a good season for a player of his overall footballing ability.

Travis Varcoe has really suprised me how well he has taken to the new club. Some of his efforts have been brilliant.

But most of all I have loved the never say die attitude. There have been times when we could have dropped our heads and relied on the inexperienced excuse, but given our age demographic, the discipline and will to continue fighting and continue doing the things asked of the players was fantastic. Plus, we a are a tough side, which is always nice to be known as. We are physical and tough.

Crisp enormous. De Goey enormous - the polish will come soon. It is there he just rushes a tiny bit. That will come very soon.

Adams very solid. Sidebottom better. Williams great. Fasolo's 3rd quarter bar his finishing.

Here here - we've pushed two of the best teams to the limit and I'm confident that we will improve as the year goes on and additional players push for selection (Greenwood, Reid, Sharenberg, Freeman, Marsh, etc.). Pretty exciting times seeing we have such a young list!

But most of all I have loved the never say die attitude. There have been times when we could have dropped our heads and relied on the inexperienced excuse, but given our age demographic, the discipline and will to continue fighting and continue doing the things asked of the players was fantastic. Plus, we a are a tough side, which is always nice to be known as. We are physical and tough.

This.:thumbsu: Loved the way we were not at all intimidated by the unsociable hawks. They could have tickled us with feathers for all we cared. We just got on with it.

2 positives. The little handballs moves on the boundary line involving Crisp (i think twice). Moore's attack on the ball leading to the Fasolo missed chance.

I'm loving the attitude that's prevailing in every player atm. They are playing like a band of brothers (and you saw it last week in both the seniors and the VFL team). There are so many young kids to praise and to look forward to and there are still 4-5 more on the blocks waiting their chance. Yes we've lost to two GF sides blablabla....but I'm more about process and this year we're sticking to our guns and playing the way the coaches want. Great stuff lads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly can't think of any negatives other than White and Cloke. Elliott was quiet but he's got quality. Fasolo missed a couple of chances yet his intensity and effort was there all night.

The midfield was hard around the contest and it highlights the way the club has made strides forward in the past year.

Varcoe...never thought he was that hard at it.

Adams..nickname should be granite. captain material.

Crisp..cant wait to see him released when Levi comes in.

Williams..AA candidate.

Pendlbury. champion.

Everything about this group is positive!
Their belief, their endeavour, their courage and their effort.
And their coach!

Still a little rough around the edges but the polish will come, and in the meantime I can forgive the mistakes because I can see their intent to learn from them
I'm so proud to be a Pies supporter!

And Travis Varcoe....

His willingness to attack the contest and do the hard stuff is a joy to watch. It really emphasises the job Buckley's doing. The players want to play for him.

I'm not sure why there is so much negativity about the team in the first place? :confused: We are in a rebuild stage and have a young group. This group has pushed two top two teams within consecutive weeks (nearly won both). I'm happy and proud as punch at the direction we are going in. We are going to be a force over the coming years once again. Let's hope we can recruit smartly and get key player or two. Other than that, the list is looking quite beautiful indeed.

Remember: perspective people! Thing about the list and think about where we have come from and the stock we have lost. Most of us had penciled this game in as a loss anyway. The only difference was that we missed set shots which is strange considering we are the most accurate side in the competition.

I am absolutely loving Varcoe. His second efforts are so influential.

I think Bucks is going to be a ripper and love the way we play- never look out of a game.

I like to think another 30 games into this team and we will be contending again.

Liking the youth being developed against the premiers and not looking out of their depth

Everything about this group is positive!
Their belief, their endeavour, their courage and their effort.
And their coach!

Still a little rough around the edges but the polish will come, and in the meantime I can forgive the mistakes because I can see their intent to learn from them
I'm so proud to be a Pies supporter!

Perfect!

Thanks for this thread OP.

I'm (very much) liking the tenacity, the physicality, and the self-belief that this young group possesses.

We're in for some exciting times over the next couple of years. Buckle up!

Going into game I was really worried that Darcy Moore had a bit of Jack Watts about him and that he would be get slapped about, but he seems to have a bit of ticker!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back