The ONLY POSITIVE thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bingo. I couldn't put my finger on the reason Hawthorn took so few intercept marks in the backline. Previously we'd bomb it long to an outnumbered player, normally Cloke. We really isolated their defenders very well.

Quick hands through traffic to a released player to run and carry or a stoppage and a 50/50 ball is a much better outcome then a quick kick that gets intercepted by the opposition with them having the ball 50m downfield. That 50m is easily gobbled up with free men on the rebound. As Grundy and Witts continue to mature we'll become a better stoppage team and we're already pretty good.
Agree. There were a couple of times against Hawks where we overused the handball coming out of the stoppage. But we are young and improving so that's cool.

2 Good Games in a row - Be a Chance
Might get pipped by Nick Graham now that I think about it. Averaging 22.6 disposals and 4.7 tackles a game from the three games since their bye.

De Goey avergaes a goal a game, 13 disposals (one injury affected game) and 4.3 tackles in his last 3.

Graham's games were against Gold Coast, Port and WBD. De Goey's were against GWS, Fremantle and Hawthorn.

Might just get trumped, but De Goey has been consistent and is more deserving. Probably bias, but he's had more worthy games than Graham who couldn't even get a game before John Barker took the reigns.

EDIT: I wouldn't put it past Caleb Daniel getting the nod on debut simply because he plays for the Bulldogs and the AFL love them.

Last edited:
I thought the games of Varcoe, Crisp, Sidebottom, Williams and Langdon were all excellent today under enormous pressure. The latter 4 are surely going to be a huge part of our future and I can genuinely see them all being considered a-grade by this time next year.

Varcoe tonight was awesome.

He set up Swans goal all the way from defence.

:thumbsu: Up to his year so far he has been a great pickup.

A few positives today-

Darcy Moore, yes he will be whatever it is we were all hoping he would be.

Langdon- 2nd year player, jet.

Sidebottom, lifting when we needed him to.

And the biggest positive, I just put piebeast, kreuger and that's gold on ignore. Great day.

Moore is going to be a great player for us for many years which is exciting.
We are developing a "cross" or "spine" of good young players and it might be a couple of years of just now with a few more places to fill but even though the last 5 games haven't gone our way I like what we are working towards.

I think realistically it will be 2018 onwards though as we get around 50-60 games+ into Moore DeGoey and hopefully Scharenberg.

By then Grundy, Elliott, Broomhead, Langdon, Frost and Williams will be around 100 games and starting to reach their potential.

It does suck waiting after being up for so long and hard not to get too negative after lack lustre performances on the back of such great efforts like Hawks and Freo game.

But there is plenty to like about what may be in store.

It looks like now 2015 is in our hands with some dramatic form turnaround required to reinvigorate the team to the form of a month ago and hopefully we can start next week.

What's up with this place, seems like plenty of people are suckers for embracing negativity.

Loved Swan, Pendles, Langdon, Fasolo, Reid.

I felt we were always in control and always going to win. Gave the ball away badly which flattered the blues, and then they got a clearance roll on in the last.

I also thought Jarryd Blair was pretty solid today, and Maynard, despite that one blooper, is looking more at home with every week.

A few positives today-

Darcy Moore, yes he will be whatever it is we were all hoping he would be.

Langdon- 2nd year player, jet.

Sidebottom, lifting when we needed him to.

And the biggest positive, I just put piebeast, kreuger and that's gold on ignore. Great day.
Easier just to ignore and not respond to certain posters as you miss out on some great laughs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's up with this place, seems like plenty of people are suckers for embracing negativity.

Loved Swan, Pendles, Langdon, Fasolo, Reid.

I felt we were always in control and always going to win. Gave the ball away badly which flattered the blues, and then they got a clearance roll on in the last.

I also thought Jarryd Blair was pretty solid today, and Maynard, despite that one blooper, is looking more at home with every week.
Its been progressively getting worse over the last year or so
IMO, its not so much the negativity as the dumbness of the reasoning that goes along with the negativity. Most of it makes no sense at all.
Add in the "hey I'll be negative too, because it seems like the in thing to do" mob mentality and this place becomes an even more hysterically funny place than it usually is.

The forward line worked well today I thought. With Cloke back in we start to look quite dangerous up forward with Reid back, Fas starting to play some really good footy, plus Elliott. Moore may have to go back to the VFL for now, but the glimpses he shows are extremely exciting.

122-125 all-time H2H. It won't be long before we knock the cheating tankers over.
Finally it's in sight

dr-evil-and-minion-laughing.png

Just realised we have the 5th best percentage in the comp. Great effort that is. Better than the Swans and fractionally off the Dogs.

Problem is that we lost too many games

Just realised we have the 5th best percentage in the comp. Great effort that is. Better than the Swans and fractionally off the Dogs.
This season would look so different if we had of won the close ones this year.
Richmond and port under a goal and should of won both!
Hawthorn and freo we could of pinched at least one of those but lacked that finishing finesse when it was required.
Things are certainly looking positive when these young pies get 75+ Games into them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back