The perfect premier league

Remove this Banner Ad

This is all but a dream unfortunately. Their my hometown side but will always be in the lower divisions.
Fave memory in recent years was involving Rickie Lambert and also when they beat Fulham i think 3 nil in the FA Cup.
Love the home strip though, wear it about a bit. Most people think its Blackburn though haha

You never know mate - Swansea were a non league side a few years ago and now look at them, mixing it up in the Europa League. Wigan under Whelan went from a town known for its rugby to a former premier league team and FA Cup winner. Just need to get the right people in I guess.

Did you ever go to any of the Bristol derbies? Never seen a televised one before but must be pretty epic to have the city split in 2 on gameday :D

You never know mate - Swansea were a non league side a few years ago and now look at them, mixing it up in the Europa League. Wigan under Whelan went from a town known for its rugby to a former premier league team and FA Cup winner. Just need to get the right people in I guess.

Did you ever go to any of the Bristol derbies? Never seen a televised one before but must be pretty epic to have the city split in 2 on gameday :D

nah mate, only was there when a little kid. Its not what it use to be but back in the day it was pretty full on

So all the players that left man city and all those other pom clubs means that league is broke?
ok...

Generally selling off your best players to pay your debts isn't a sign of financial strength. I'm yet to see an English giant like Man City sell off a key player who isn't a surplus to requirements, guys like Balotelli and Tevez were offloaded out of choice, not because City had to sell them to keep operating.

Italian football is struggling and has been for years. Blind Freddy could tell you that.

Why the hate for the English league?

Why the love for the english league? when its boring.
You lot still that colonial?

Italian football struggling? they have won a world cup, made a final of a euro, and had a few CL winners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Italian football struggling? they have won a world cup, made a final of a euro, and had a few CL winners.
Mate open your eyes and pretend you're not Italian for a second.

Serie A is nowhere near where it used to be in the 90s, and even the early 2000s. The league lacks superstars, and while there are a few there, it was threadbare since the glory days of 90s Serie A.

That's completely subjective to the individual. You find it boring, others find it entertaining.

Should try the championship in England. Completely unpredictable :thumbsu:

I meant domestically. Clubs broke, being caught matchfixing etc etc. I actually don't mind the Italian league but prefer the English. Each to their own.

Not a lot of love for the Cottagers. I know we aren't exactly fashionable, but we have been in the top flight for some time and even made the Europa League final not too long ago.

Not a lot of love for the Cottagers. I know we aren't exactly fashionable, but we have been in the top flight for some time and even made the Europa League final not too long ago.

I have a quiet respect for Stoke, set out to change the club on and off the field with priority one staying in the Premier League. They were successful doing that, despite playing really ugly in the process. Hughes has a stronger base to work off and will hopefully change the way they play which in turn will change the reputation Stoke has.

I have a quiet respect for Stoke, set out to change the club on and off the field with priority one staying in the Premier League. They were successful doing that, despite playing really ugly in the process. Hughes has a stronger base to work off and will hopefully change the way they play which in turn will change the reputation Stoke has.

Completely agree, they cop a lot from other supporters but at least they grind out results. I think they love their reputation though and don't really want to change it, sort of how Millwall go with the whole "No one likes us, we don't care" chant.

Kind words for Stoke, which I'm sure their supporters appreciate. However, the Cottagers are actually Fulham, not Stoke, whose nickname is the Potters.

:eek: Whoops

What do you think of your new owner Khan? Would hate the see them renamed the Fulham Jaguars at some point in the future.

Preston North End?
If you asked me again today they'd be in my perfect premier league.

Force any aspiring invincible team to go through both Arsenal and Preston North End.
Would also be mildly amusing to see Arsenal fans trying to troll Chelsea for not being invincible, then Preston North End fans come out and point out they did the Double undefeated! :D

Was about to make a thread like this, lucky I clicked page two for no real reason. ;)

This would be my ideal league.
  1. Arsenal
  2. Aston Villa
  3. Birmingham City
  4. Blackburn Rovers
  5. Chelsea
  6. Crystal Palace
  7. Everton
  8. Hull City
  9. Leeds United
  10. Leicester City
  11. Liverpool