The Perth Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know why Lion Nathan shut up shop over here.

What I don't get is why we can't brew beer (s**t or otherwise) at the same cost as shipping it halfway across the world.

I've wondered this too. I can't see there being a massive market for Swan Draught anywhere else in the world, you've already got the facilities. Wouldn't you just use them?

Swan seem to have updated their recipe recently too. Was good. Possibly because I was drinking at a place where the bloke took a bit of pride in his kit as opposed to backpacker run joints where the lines haven't been cleaned since the last health inspection.

I judge any pub that doesn't have Swan Draught on tap

So does Noobz0r
$5 a pint at 7th ave in Midland, delightful.

But yes, a pub here without swan is no pub at all.

Must admit im a bit homesick about Perth.

Working culture shits all over melbournes.

I used to believe i was a leftie, and then i moved to melbourne and saw what happens when the lunatics run the asylum.

I wouldnt call myself a conservative now but there is not a chance in hell i will ever refer to myself as "left" or "sociallist" again. Ever.

The "right" know how to run a business. The "left" know how to destroy them.

It was always Emu Bitter when I first started and I still enjoy a ince cold can of it every now and again.

The thing with EB, EE and Super isit needs to be ice cold to enjoy it, as soon as it gets a bit warm it gets pretty nasty.

w1201.jpg

I had a can of this in my fridge about four years after they stopped making it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish the drive home from the airport wasn't so depressing. Sucks that the first impression that visitors to Perth get are of ugly industrial areas, perpetual roadworks and brown bush.

I wish the drive home from the airport wasn't so depressing. Sucks that the first impression that visitors to Perth get are of ugly industrial areas, perpetual roadworks and brown bush.
Don't even get me started on Tonkin at the moment.

One of the few attractive things about that area, and not a bad pub facility and crowd wise either.

Yep, one of my favourite spots. I didn't mind the Principal when it first opened but the feeble attempts at class (Microbrewing, only Setanta on the TV, Midland history decorated all over the walls) quickly lost appeal. It's faux-class.

The most Perth thing in this thread so far. Gotta love associating typically poor, low-cost, cheap-and-nasty alcohol with typically poor groups like... the poor, uni students, and... Aboriginals!
It's a staple of the evening meal (goon sacks for the ladies). Perhaps the locals in Silent Alarm-ville had different tastes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back