The Perth Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're not a soft**** who spends 24 hours a day in air conditioning you get used to harsh weather conditions after a while.

I spent a few months in the Pilbara consecutively then came back to Perth in February and found it cool.
The first summer after I came back from spending 3 years in Karratha, I found really quite mild.

This one was Caucasian.

Poor kid looked bored. You'd hope he had a computer or tablet to play with.

It would have also been smart to book a study room so that others don't get the tom ****.

It kinda shits me also that you can't use your laptop to concentrate on answering exam questions and study in silence. Got a vacant spot in the corner away from everyone this morning, and 10 minutes later a bunch of Germans who wouldn't shut their traps just had to come and sit behind me.

I love the post grad room for this reason

The only time I wore jeans and a jacket in summer is if I was on my motorcycle.

I see people on bikes wearing shorts and shirts and I shake my head. You come off, it's going to hurt.

A lot.
I reckon it's crazy to ride any motorcycle in city traffic, at least regularly. So dangerous being unprotected and at the mercy of other idiots sitting behind the wheels in their cars.

The other side are the nutters that wear trousers all year round even in 40+ degree heat. **** that unless you are forced to on a mine site or something.
go and check out the inhabitants of places like Oodnadatta/Coober Pedy. They wear L/S flannelette shirts, long pants and boots all day in the summer (and winter). It's just sensible.... Keeps them from dehydrating when it's hot and also gives sun protection.

Coldest for me,

Christmas time in Sweden right up in the artic circle. About -20C and we decide to do a dog sled ride. Took a morning for the ride and a week to get feeling back in my face.
what about the poor dogs, hey? you forced them to go out into the cold so you could have a sled ride? Cruel cruel man! :(
;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This morning was an, err pleasant surprise...

11653352_433079253531680_460077870_n.jpg

Two jumpers on and trackies this morning back to the bullshit cold weather. Love working outdoors in summer but not a fan of the cold :thumbsdown: has turned into a cracker of a day but

Speaking of shyte traffic intersections, that Nicholson Rd/Garden St roundabout is a shocker, especially if you are trying to turn right to stay on Nicholson from Nicholson. Have to cut lanes at the last minute otherwise you end up doing 360s on the roundabout or back the other way you came.

And an insane queue for petrol at the Nicholson/Amherst Caltex. Every pump with queues of at least two cars waiting and a large queue at the turn in lane. Not worth saving an extra 3 cents a litre for that IMO.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Speaking of shyte traffic intersections, that Nicholson Rd/Garden St roundabout is a shocker, especially if you are trying to turn right to stay on Nicholson from Nicholson. Have to cut lanes at the last minute otherwise you end up doing 360s on the roundabout or back the other way you came.

And an insane queue for petrol at the Nicholson/Amherst Caltex. Every pump with queues of at least two cars waiting and a large queue at the turn in lane. Not worth saving an extra 3 cents a litre for that IMO.

Yeah this is pretty much my local servo but its regularly the cheapest SOR so avoid it on those days. Went past at 10:30 the other night and it was still like you described.

Lined up for 45 mins to pump there before but it was 20c per litre :)

The one on Wanneroo Rd / Hepburn Ave is like that almost every Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back