The Perth Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

20 years ago there were traffic lights at Berrigan Drive and Armadale Road. It has been less than 15 since it became a proper freeway

Now...

Go-ahead for new fire station in Perth's west
Thursday, 20 August 2015
  • State Government commits $18.95 million for new fire station in West Perth
  • New station in response to inner city growth
Emergency Services Minister Joe Francis announced today that property settlement is now completed on the site earmarked for a new career fire station in West Perth.

"The new $19 million station will be built at 27-33 Carr Street, West Perth, and will service the Perth CBD and surrounding suburbs," Mr Francis said.

...and then:

Asbestos fear as residents evacuated from West Perth warehouse fire
  • May 17, 2012

RESIDENTS close to a fire in an abandoned West Perth warehouse will not be allowed to return to their homes until authorities complete a clean-up of asbestos released during the blaze.

The blaze erupted at 9.45am and a Fire and Emergency Services Authority spokeswoman said the old warehouse in Carr Street, West Perth, was quickly engulfed by the fire.

Can someone tell me where the best place to park in Subiaco on a Friday night is? As close to Rokeby Rd as possible please.

Can someone tell me where the best place to park in Subiaco on a Friday night is? As close to Rokeby Rd as possible please.

Depends which end of Rokeby - There is a carpark where the old markets used to be on Rokeby - enter where Dome is
I do recall it was quite expensive but not how much but it is Subi so may need to mortgage the house.

I also think there is a carpark over where KFC is but not sure what the conditions for parking there are

I recall he went over to Sydney to host a show.

Quickly came back to Perth with his tail between his legs.

He did the Sydney thing a long time ago. Thought he'd go out on top and conquer Sydney (from his own studio based in Perth) with his no holds barred fractured take on the world ensuring he'll singlehandedly get things back to the good old says of the 1950s. The trouble is there were 6 other guys even bigger monsters than him in that market and he didn't last long. Working at 6PR during this time I can say the man is an absolute spud. He's also over 6 foot and used to stomp around not getting out of people's way a la The Verve to maintain his dominance over other people. The whole Gillard things was just his dying attempts at trying to still be controversial and relevant. It was like Robbo defending Hird last Monday night. * me I'm getting riled up just posting about the piece of s**t.

Good to see Armadale back in the news for all the wrong reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pregnant woman bashed and robbed by a bunch of schoolgirls.
Well that's pretty bad that anyone was bashed but was she visibly pregnant or is this another media beat up, making sensationalist headlines out of an every day event that is bad enough without focussing on distracting little side issues?
The fact that anyone is beaten up or robbed anywhere in Perth is alarming.
Oh- and thanks for the info.

That brings back some memories.

Used to be one of our last resort pubs where you could grab a desperate drunk middle aged woman on the rebound from a failed marriage.
I remember being a 20 something guy, absolutely trashed, ended up *With* some lady, 28ish, then get back to hers, husband is there, both start convincing me that if it's ok if her husband watches

Bailed pretty hard

Pregnant woman bashed and robbed by a bunch of schoolgirls.

Know the girl in question. Was an absolute wreck and still is about it, Freaking horrific since a lot of friend's didn't know she was pregnant yet, was about 15 weeks pregnant at the time

The weather today was magnificent. I was walking home from the bus stop about 5:30 and it was spectacular- warm but not hot with a nice cool breeze. Perfect weather and how it should be all year round.

The weather today was magnificent. I was walking home from the bus stop about 5:30 and it was spectacular- warm but not hot with a nice cool breeze. Perfect weather and how it should be all year round.
:thumbsu:
I put a load of washing out at 3pm and a second load at 4, then brought them in at 5.30pm.
Dame Washalot is very happy!

I remember being a 20 something guy, absolutely trashed, ended up *With* some lady, 28ish, then get back to hers, husband is there, both start convincing me that if it's ok if her husband watches

Bailed pretty hard

Know the girl in question. Was an absolute wreck and still is about it, Freaking horrific since a lot of friend's didn't know she was pregnant yet, was about 15 weeks pregnant at the time
Yeah, it'd be terribly traumatic. Poor kid.

Bailed pretty hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back