The Perth Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone been to Gateways since the redev, haven't been down there for a bit so whats the parking like now?

Parking is fine. I go there at least once a week and now the novelty has worn off the parking is fine.

Horrendous but I went on a Saturday morning

What time? I go about 9 to do the shopping and by the time I leave around 10:30-11:00 there still seems to be a bit of parking available.

Have they bulldozed the creepy face tower?
I dont think so sadly, although I tend to be looking at the merge point when driving down there, not off to the right. That said I think they may have been a plan to change it/turf it.

I dont think so sadly, although I tend to be looking at the merge point when driving down there, not off to the right. That said I think they may have been a plan to change it/turf it.
I hope so. What could they have been thinking? It's the most horrid piece of whatever you want to call it I've ever seen.
No and they probably never will.
It's just creepy. What would tourists think? It's some big missing persons board or something?

I hope so. What could they have been thinking? It's the most horrid piece of whatever you want to call it I've ever seen.

It's just creepy. What would tourists think? It's some big missing persons board or something?
I'll see if I can spot Cotchin in there then. :rainbow:

I'll see if I can spot Cotchin in there then. :rainbow:
tumblr_mk9qiaLE1q1s28519o1_500_zps7cff70d6.gif

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Anyone been to Gateways since the redev, haven't been down there for a bit so whats the parking like now?
Stay away from about 10+am on Saturdays. That is crap.
Coles is being extended out to the west- so parking bays there have been resorbed by the extension and others are blocked off. Most of the rest of the time there is heaps of parking - in the open and also rooftop.

What time? I go about 9 to do the shopping and by the time I leave around 10:30-11:00 there still seems to be a bit of parking available.

When I think back, it was about 11.30/12 on the day of the first final between Freo and Sydney - it would explain the chaos. I was there for a particular reason, otherwise I wouldn't even bother - I'm a NOTR shopper and karrinyup, innaloo or Whitfords are where I normally head

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Ahhh- Thanks Beerfish. I thought it was at Gateway. This is the train station, yeah? I live on the other side of the tracks but dropped my son off on that side a month or so ago and he said that coffee shop was good- the sea container one, that is- so I bought a coffee and it was lovely. Maybe one day I will park there and have a walk around - have been to the Dome, which has always been horrendously busy when I've been there (half hour wait) and occasionally go to the PO but have never looked around the area.

Ahhh- I thought it was at Gateway. This is the train station, yeah? I live on the other side of the tracks but dropped my son off on that side a month or so ago and he said that coffee shop was good- the sea container one, that is- so I bought a coffee and it was lovely. Maybe one day I will park there and have a walk around - have been to the Dome, which has always been horrendously busy when I've been there (half hour wait) and occasionally go to the PO but have never looked around the area.
I only ever drive past on the freeway and it seemed to be right next to the shopping centre from my poor old memory. That's the first time I've actually read about what it's meant to be. Still can't believe anyone thought it was a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back