The Perth Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember it was only one complaint that caused the Grosvenor Hotel to lose its live music license. Decades of great bands playing there (including Bikini Kill playing on the roof) gone.

I just found out that the Norwegian backpacker Anna Winther who died in the Esperance fires is a friend of a friend. Really really sad reading the tribute from my friend on FB about her, she's reflecting on mortality. For obvious reasons I'm not going to post any identifying details, but I found this poignant:

"I asked myself what legacy I want to leave when my life here ends? I don't intend to make this post about me, but I will celebrate the short bit of life I got to spend with you, and I hope to live life larger in the hope that it celebrates a little of what you would have done if you were still here. I will remember you when I next go camping and will have a proper sleeping bag when that happens. Go out and enjoy nature, breathe the fresh air and be thankful you have this day."

We can reflect and philosophise and contemplate but in the end it's still f***ing sad. :(

Edit - it also makes me even more pissed off at Perthnow's initial reporting. F*** them.

Man, I just found out that the driver of Thursday nights crash in Balcatta was a friend of mine who is in intensive care at the moment. Apparently, the police were chasing a stolen Saab and it smacked into his drivers side as they were on their way home from band practice.

******* devastating. Hopefully he pulls through because he's a fighter this kid.

Man, I just found out that the driver of Thursday nights crash in Balcatta was a friend of mine who is in intensive care at the moment. Apparently, the police were chasing a stolen Saab and it smacked into his drivers side as they were on their way home from band practice.

******* devastating. Hopefully he pulls through because he's a fighter this kid.
s**t, all the best mate.

I'm so sorry to hear that, bok! Nobody deserves s**t like that, when they're just going about doing their usual thing.

Cheers guys. I don't blame the police at all but you do wonder if there is a better way to catch these fools though.
Yeah- the cops are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Damned if they chase them, damned if they don't. There are so many bloody rules and regulations regarding chases now, though, that we might as well just let car thieves have free reign. Leave your car open and the keys in it cos they're going to steal it anyway. Don't bother buying anything nice because the thieves will want it- no matter if you've worked your arse off to afford it and they haven't- you've got it, they want it.
Self-entitled little pricks.

And we all pay in the end because our insurance premiums keep going up and up and up.

Apparently that chase had been called off before the crash happened. Obviously it's still a factor though. ****ed up thing all round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a happier note

What the **** is this?

A quick Google says this happened.

What the *?

For realism sake I bloody hope they visited the real GT.
image.jpg

Love_in_Perth.jpg

The Eiffel Tower of the Southern Hemisphere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back