The Perth Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't now about the pageant- but probably. The little kiddies need their sleep :)
Just looked up the tonight's event in Perth. It's not the pageant. It's some "turning on the Perth Christmas Lights" event...
Really!
Yep one of our ex - staff was a dancer and kept asking people to go down and watch it happen...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:)
True.
I don't know any brekkie places in Perth, sorry. Was it a general question or were you actually looking for somewhere to eat tomorrow morning?
Just a general thing. One of my mates got the Breakfast Society trending around the city and he's always looking out for the best new places. I tag along every now and then but have developed a bit of a curiosity now for the best places in Perth.

I had breakfast at a place south of the river last year- I won't name them and bag them out in public but their service was crap. The meal arrived bit by bit- with about half an hour between my son's mango smoothie and my cup of coffee. He was well and truly finished and I was just starting.

I've been back since and the place was again understaffed and really busy. I probably will find somewhere else to eat breakfast- which is pretty easy for me because it's usually just a cup of coffee to get the hamster wheel turning : P
You know, this is my biggest gripe in the business world is the lack of care for having enough staff on. I understand that there are occasions, where you roster enough staff expecting it to be a slow day, based on previous years or certain events perhaps taking away customers that day but I've always felt it's better to over-staff and you can then send people home. Many of them will relish that chance to finish early and snatch at it.

With many franchises and chains however, I understand they get loads of pressure from above to cut on payroll but again, I've never understood why they are so stingy on poor customer service when it's the worst aspect to actually cut back on.

Best place to eat breakfast in Perth?
I'm a huge breakfast/brunch lover.
Sayers Sister in Northbridge near Hyde park end is my fave.

Sayers in Leederville, The Tuck shop in Northbridge, Mrs S in Maylands, La Veen in Perth, The Beaufort st Merchant in Mount Lawley, No.4. Blake Street in North Perth, Voyage Kitchen in Hillarys.

I'm not from south the river though so sorry can't help you there. I've heard Harvest in Vic Park is great too.

Sayers in Leederville, The Tuck shop in Northbridge, Mrs S in Maylands, La Veen in Perth, The Beaufort st Merchant in Mount Lawley, No.4. Blake Street in North Perth, Voyage Kitchen in Hillarys.

I'm not from south the river though so sorry can't help you there. I've heard Harvest in Vic Park is great too.
I'm north too. Been to most of those places too! Good taste :)

I meant to thank you for that list, electric feel. My daughters just move into a unit near UWA and, over the holidays, I might drive to her place and we can test-eat some of those places :) Yum!!

I meant to thank you for that list, electric feel. My daughters just move into a unit near UWA and, over the holidays, I might drive to her place and we can test-eat some of those places :) Yum!!
You're welcome! Near UWA there is Typika in Claremont which is delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back