The Perth Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, this is how the older generation were taught to drive.
Pretty much.
It was indicate right as you entered a roundabout and then left as you exited. Only time you didn't use your right indicator was if you were going to take the first left.

Also roundabouts are a relatively recent phenomenon - they were nowhere near as prevalent when my generation learnt to drive. That said indicating on roundabouts isn't that complicated.

Did your Model T come with indicators, Keyser?

I tend to just trust no one to my right in a roundabout whether they are signalling or not.
They were an optional extra

And agree on the second point - until they actually start to exit I assume they're coming straight through. I also don't assume that someone approaching the roundabout when I'm on it will stop

Passenger train services south of Fremantle should be reinstated. Thoughts?

I'm talking Esplanade, Success Harbour, South Beach etc. I'm not sure how much of the infrastructure still exists but with all the development going on down at Coogee it makes sense.

I guess if the lines are still there it shouldn't be so hard. Would be good if you could go from Fremantle to Mandurah. Not that I ever would use it, but no doubt it would be useful for plenty of people.

The lines are still there (if not maintained) at Esplanade and South Beach, not sure how much further. There are freight lines through the area South and East of there. Wouldn't be impossible to connect a train from Coogee through to Cockburn Central.

If they ever finish bastard Roe Highway you could run a train along there and plonk a new station at Bibra Lake where it crosses the Freeway.

Freo -> Esplanade -> South Beach -> Coogee -> Spearwood -> Bibra Lake

Bibra Lake -> Parkwood -> Thornlie

Fremantle line connected to the Mandurah and Armadale/Thornlie lines. Trains from Bibra Lake could connect via the Thornlie to the Armadale line to the new stadium in Burswood...

I should be minister of transport.

The lines are still there (if not maintained) at Esplanade and South Beach, not sure how much further. There are freight lines through the area South and East of there. Wouldn't be impossible to connect a train from Coogee through to Cockburn Central.

If they ever finish bastard Roe Highway you could run a train along there and plonk a new station at Bibra Lake where it crosses the Freeway.

Freo -> Esplanade -> South Beach -> Coogee -> Spearwood -> Bibra Lake

Bibra Lake -> Parkwood -> Thornlie

Fremantle line connected to the Mandurah and Armadale/Thornlie lines. Trains from Bibra Lake could connect via the Thornlie to the Armadale line to the new stadium in Burswood...

I should be minister of transport.
No reason why they cannot extend to Canning Vale at least presently, but the government has already got on documents that buses are more than sufficient.

Agree with your post, but unfortunately your vision is a pipe dream

Passenger train services south of Fremantle should be reinstated. Thoughts?

I'm talking Esplanade, Success Harbour, South Beach etc. I'm not sure how much of the infrastructure still exists but with all the development going on down at Coogee it makes sense.
Stuff the south, north is where it's at

Northside represent!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The North has the Joondalup (Currambine? Clarkson? Butler? Seriously what the **** is it even called now?) line and the Fremantle line and most of the Midland line. No one cares about the North East, Ellenbrook can eat a bag of dicks.

I live in Ellenbrook and even I agree, Ellenbrook can get f**ked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back