Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Has anyone been to those joints on Wray Avenue? So ******* pretentious and I lived in Fitzroy for two years. They don't have any discernible signage and if they do, it's one tiny sign. There's this one shop owned by this twat who seems to do everything under the sun except actually serve coffees – gesturing, flailing his arms, running across the street, standing around, basically anything to attract attention to himself. Café culture is such a load of wank.

Borry

Protected Species
Aug 15, 2004
You never never know if you never never go.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Sydney
Has anyone been to those joints on Wray Avenue? So ******* pretentious and I lived in Fitzroy for two years. They don't have any discernible signage and if they do, it's one tiny sign. There's this one shop owned by this twat who seems to do everything under the sun except actually serve coffees – gesturing, flailing his arms, running across the street, standing around, basically anything to attract attention to himself. Café culture is such a load of wank.
The Little Concept does very good hot chocolate (I don't drink coffee for health reasons) and the service from the chicks at the time was just fine when I visited.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Little Concept does very good hot chocolate (I don't drink coffee for health reasons) and the service from the chicks at the time was just fine when I visited.
That's the main one! * that dude is such a douche.

They charge a ludicrous amount for an actual coffee too. Offensive.

Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers
I've heard the curtin uni tav does a good feed.

Fremantle way there are some good places: ootong and lincoln, Breaks cafe, Hush espresso, Short black sheep.

I could name a bunch of others, but as far as good coffee and food goes, these are hard to beat.
lunch there is pretty good

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Could there be any more irony in a single post

Possibly but he's spot on about the wank surrounding "cafe culture", doubt SA is the one who coined that term. In a similar vein though but with an opposite position I really dig the idea of these "hidden bars" that I've heard are apparently popping up in the city/NB. Need a password to get in if you find it, I know it sounds exceptionally elitist and possibly financially unsound but my inner child can't help but liken it to a treasure hunt; need more unique and interesting activities for young adults in Perth.

Of course this is all based on an article I might have possibly read hungover as * one morning so this could be imaginary, anyone heard anything like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back