The Perth Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other coffee shops at Gateways are all good- though a couple are a bit more expensive than others. I also call in and get coffee from Cafe Nocello - they open after 10am. Thank goodness Gloriarse Jeans has been replaced by another mob. Shingle Inn or something.
My favourite coffee atm would be probably from the cafe owned by IGA on Farrington Rd in Leeming. I go out of my way to get one from there. :)

Wow, that is really out of the way. Having lived there for so long, I have never bothered to try coffee there. Will do so now :)

Wow, that is really out of the way. Having lived there for so long, I have never bothered to try coffee there. Will do so now :)
Its on my way home from school drop off and I also there for groceries quite a bit- it's easier to park there than go to Gateways or Booragoon, which are so darned busy with kids everywhere at the moment.

I cant drink coffee due to it giving me instant migraines.

The Little Concept in Freo does some really good hot chocolates, so that is my place of choice if I'm in the mood for a day trip.
That's no good!
Is it the much higher caffeine levels in coffee that cause the migraine? Chocolate also has caffeine in it too, doesn't it?

A few great places have opened up in my area in the last few years. And I'm really starting to take advantage of it

Yelo - great for a first date or catch up with mates and a walk down the coast
Tropico - expensive but great vibes and the best milkshake I have ever had in my entire life
Lawleys Bakery - great place to get a coffee and do some uni work

Trigg is lovely this time of year

Its on my way home from school drop off and I also there for groceries quite a bit- it's easier to park there than go to Gateways or Booragoon, which are so darned busy with kids everywhere at the moment.

I was extremely surprised how busy it can get in Gateway. Imagine what it would be like if there is a cinema there as well :)

I was extremely surprised how busy it can get in Gateway. Imagine what it would be like if there is a cinema there as well :)
I was just driving past "Cockburn West" and reading the advertising on the banners surrounding the area, thinking "I am SO bloody glad that I won't be around when it's finished!"
The traffic coming out from that area will be far too heavy for the roads' current design. And imagine trying to get onto the freeway northbound?? In light traffic at 9.30 this morning, it was backed up at both the usual merge points - Armadale Rd and Berrigan- but it freed up as soon as we went over the hill near the Roe exit! Why aren't they putting in an extra lane there now? I bet they wait for the traffic to double before they close it all off, reduce it to 80kph and do an extra lane! :rolleyes:
:mad:

A few great places have opened up in my area in the last few years. And I'm really starting to take advantage of it

Yelo - great for a first date or catch up with mates and a walk down the coast
Tropico - expensive but great vibes and the best milkshake I have ever had in my entire life
Lawleys Bakery - great place to get a coffee and do some uni work

Trigg is lovely this time of year
Thanks for the tips! I often drive visitors up that way and will try and remember to try those places out next time I'm there!

They did originally plan to build a cinema there at some stage but they scrapped it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just driving past "Cockburn West" and reading the advertising on the banners surrounding the area, thinking "I am SO bloody glad that I won't be around when it's finished!"
The traffic coming out from that area will be far too heavy for the roads' current design. And imagine trying to get onto the freeway northbound?? In light traffic at 9.30 this morning, it was backed up at both the usual merge points - Armadale Rd and Berrigan- but it freed up as soon as we went over the hill near the Roe exit! Why aren't they putting in an extra lane there now? I bet they wait for the traffic to double before they close it all off, reduce it to 80kph and do an extra lane! :rolleyes:
:mad:

Sounds like that is the plan. I think I have driven a total of a few months worth of "roadwork-free" driving since I got my license. They are so reactionary that it is no joke.

I skip the freeway traffic by using Ranford / South St. It is actually funny when you think about it.

Sounds like that is the plan. I think I have driven a total of a few months worth of "roadwork-free" driving since I got my license. They are so reactionary that it is no joke.

I skip the freeway traffic by using Ranford / South St. It is actually funny when you think about it.
Lol- I used to take 3 mins to drive to school when the kids were young, then we moved HERE!!! :(
First thing that happened- (I think it was this order), they extended the Roe Hwy to the freeway- which buggered up my back roads home. Then they started on building the Mandurah railway - so I took a different route home. They then widened the freeway - in both directions, so I took Karel Ave to school and North Lake Rd home...
Then they built everywhere around Cockburn - Gateways, Cockburn Central, etc. so North Lake Rd is just about stuffed, karel Ave going south after 3pm is an absolute joke and really, I'm thinking it'd be a good idea for me to invest in a helicopter :(

Yelo is where Doug Clegg's old fishing shop use to be if you are old enough to remember that.
Definitely old enough but I would've been a Victorian in those days, I suspect. Have only lived south of the river, so don't know much about the 'other' side.

Speaking of which, I hope that everyone here who lives in and near Pinjar and Wellard is safe. Those fires look terrible from where I've been driving- 10-50kms away....

That's no good!
Is it the much higher caffeine levels in coffee that cause the migraine? Chocolate also has caffeine in it too, doesn't it?
Might be the caffeine levels because I cant drink energy drinks for the same reason. Yet I have no problems with chocolate and I dare say coke (in moderate amounts). I have layed off coke in favour of other soft drinks of late whilst in the mood for softies due to advice from a doctor.

I stay away from avocado for the same reason. I skipped the guacamole in my burrito from a Mexican takeaway joint last night.

Anybody here about the bloke on top of Maccas going off his trolley hahaha

Lol- I used to take 3 mins to drive to school when the kids were young, then we moved HERE!!! :(
First thing that happened- (I think it was this order), they extended the Roe Hwy to the freeway- which buggered up my back roads home. Then they started on building the Mandurah railway - so I took a different route home. They then widened the freeway - in both directions, so I took Karel Ave to school and North Lake Rd home...
Then they built everywhere around Cockburn - Gateways, Cockburn Central, etc. so North Lake Rd is just about stuffed, karel Ave going south after 3pm is an absolute joke and really, I'm thinking it'd be a good idea for me to invest in a helicopter :(

That would be good. We can "car pool" :)

Anybody here about the bloke on top of Maccas going off his trolley hahaha
1422348168503.jpg

image.jpg

Got a mate who used to be part of Kwinana fire station a few years back and I was amazed how many fires spring up in this area. Every year without fail the bush near wellard- Kwinana gets set alight somehow... There's no lightning around tonight so obviously some ####wit gets out there and strikes a match. They should be shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back