The Perth Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 105521

Got a mate who used to be part of Kwinana fire station a few years back and I was amazed how many fires spring up in this area. Every year without fail the bush near wellard- Kwinana gets set alight somehow... There's no lightning around tonight so obviously some ####wit gets out there and strikes a match. They should be shot.

Am I a bad person if I thought that arsons should be burned at a stake?

Weird feeling driving home south on the Kwinana tonight.

6050272-3x2-940x627.jpg

Is that even safe?

I had no idea thankfully. Obviously I saw the smoke and I also saw that little outbreak on the top left of the photo. Didn't see any of that long run of fire and I reckon most people driving didn't. Would've made a mess in my knickers if I had. Everyone was driving at 100ks until they shut the Kwinana from about 6.30pm onwards (I think).

Might be the caffeine levels because I cant drink energy drinks for the same reason. Yet I have no problems with chocolate and I dare say coke (in moderate amounts). I have layed off coke in favour of other soft drinks of late whilst in the mood for softies due to advice from a doctor.

I stay away from avocado for the same reason. I skipped the guacamole in my burrito from a Mexican takeaway joint last night.
What's in avocado that you can't tolerate?
Probably a good thing that you don't have it- did you know that there are about 2000 calories per avocado? I blow my whole RDA every time I eat one :eek:

I don't think there's any food that I can't eat :) but I feel sorry for those who have allergies, intolerances, etc. It must be difficult keeping something like gluten or nuts out of your diet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably a good thing that you don't have it- did you know that there are about 2000 calories per avocado? I blow my whole RDA every time I eat one :eek:

I don't think there's any food that I can't eat :) but I feel sorry for those who have allergies, intolerances, etc. It must be difficult keeping something like gluten or nuts out of your diet.

Really? Damn, no more sushi for me !!!

While it's seen as inhumane by most, if a bushfire kills anyone and they catch an arsonist (if it was set by one) then the guilty should be set alight and left to die.

Horrible & cruel, but somewhat justifiable.
Nah- don't set them alight. Shove them in some small pocket of bush land and set the bush alight and tell them that if they get out alive, they can go free. Then watch them s**t themselves.
A taste of their own medicine.

Probably shouldn't feel like that because many of them have a mental illness but .... Bloody hell- enough's enough! And there was an 8 year old and a 10 year old caught lighting fires only a month or so ago. Give them both a bloody good walloping!!!

Big bash starting at 4:40pm shits me
looking at the live scores for the first time ever and the website is the worst thing i have ever seen. how hard is it to show a simple scorecard without all the bright colours and useless info?

I had no idea thankfully. Obviously I saw the smoke and I also saw that little outbreak on the top left of the photo. Didn't see any of that long run of fire and I reckon most people driving didn't. Would've made a mess in my knickers if I had. Everyone was driving at 100ks until they shut the Kwinana from about 6.30pm onwards (I think).
There was smoke everywhere last night- looked like two big fires around Wellard and one huge one up in Pinjar. I guess they're both still burning?

No-... Am I too late to say "No"?
Dw if you've already elaborated on the above.

I was actually hoping some of you knew more about it. All I know is that there was a bloke on the roof for 3 hours and the negotiators had to talk him down. Dont know it was a drug related or not.

I hope everyone in Baldivis and Kwinana are safe and well.
Two separate fires- suspicious cause:

BUSHFIRE BEHAVIOUR:

One fire started on the eastern side of Baldivis Road and south of Miller Road. This fire is now contained and under control. A second fire started north of Kerosene Lane, on the western side of Baldivis Road. This fire is now burning in Leda Nature Reserve. This fire is contained but not under control. The fires are currently stationary, but there are pockets of active fire and a lot of hot spots in the area. Firefighters are currently experiencing westerly winds, and are expecting the winds to shift to a south westerly at about 6pm tonight. This means the fires may break containment lines and move in a north easterly direction, threatening properties in the area.

EXTRA INFORMATION:

The fire was reported at 4. 02pm on Tuesday 27 January. The cause of the fires is suspicious.

I was actually hoping some of you knew more about it. All I know is that there was a bloke on the roof for 3 hours and the negotiators had to talk him down. Dont know it was a drug related or not.
Nah- sorry. Can't help you. Was looking for a juicy story myself ;)

Poor bugger. Mental condition- drugs- alcohol- whatever. For someone to get into that state and do something like that, things must be pretty s**t for the bloke.
The negotiators do a great job.

Probably the fact that it feels like a booger going down your throat.

Avocado in salad and Beetroot in burgers.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back