The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

No need to dump Brown any time soon IMO - team is showing positive signs, and it's farrrr too early in the season to be considering anything like that. Clearly there are issues with the side, but he deserves a season or two to address those.

Good start today - if you're going to win a game this season why not beat the Spurs?? #sixerslogic

At best, Colangelo is another 'asset' Philadelphia has collected, and it's totally in line with The Process. He's got wisdom and a reputation that will surely enhance decision making moving forward.

At worst, it's a sign of Josh Harris flinching, and Sam Hinkie's position is on shakier ground.

All I really care about is the change our offense should shortly experience with Kendall Marshall running the point. I want Okafor receiving the ball early and deep, and I want Nerlens getting some great pick and roll action.

Yeah, do hope for improved play when Marshall returns, and by all reports it should be against Brooklyn!

Wroten coming off an ACL is still finding his feet, and even Landry when he comes back in January is going to help quite a bit. Bit of an indictment on Wood that he can't even log minutes in 50 point blow out. He's a project, but should be playing with the 87ers.

Hopefully Colangelo can attract some veterans to the club during the off season. Charles Barkley said that he wouldn't have been the player he was if it weren't for the guidance of Moses Malone. It would be great if we can get experienced heads out there to help develop the young players.

Staying away from watching them till the new year. Though did just watch the first half of the Bulls game, and that was pretty great...

Hope they can get a couple of Ws before then. The Nerlens eye is the most obvious setback, as if we're destined to never have a healthy roster. But it's coming.

Will be interesting to see what Hinkie and/or Colangelo decide to do with the roster. D'Antonio, Brand, Battier are the names being tossed around re Vet presence. Sounds fine.

Don't think massive trades are incoming, expect them to go to the draft with Ja and Noel. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and everything but me oh my @ Embiid. Just. Need. To. See. Him. Play.

Nerlens has clearly taken a step back. I don't think him and jahlil work together.

Lets get a Healthy Embiid, trade Okafor, and move on....

I would love to see what healthy Embiid looks like next to Okafor. My opinion is not very popular, but I think small ball will cycle out eventually, and teams will once again look to big men as their centre piece. I think Okafor is an amazingly talented offensive talent, who at the VERY LEAST will have a Big Al Jefferson like career arc.

Ish Smith back. Wroten waived.

I liked Wroten. I would've waived someone else before him. Perhaps Stauskas who has been useless.

A Colangelo move surely, trying for a bit more on court respectability in the short term. Don't really like it.

And yeah, don't like letting Wroten go either, at least not over some others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spending two second rounders (and early second rounders at that) at this time of year is very un-Hinkie like, especially with the trade deadline just eight weeks away. We need assets and cap space to facilitate moves and insert ourselves into other teams' major trades, and this hampers that in a big way.

So Colangelo gets his first deal done.

But, for what it's worth, Ish was a key feature of Nerlens' improved play in the second half of last season, and when given minutes in New Orleans he definitely produced good basketball. In the 11 games this season he's played more than 30 minutes, he's averaged 15 points, 5 boards and 9 assists.

If that means a greater chance of getting Nerlens' groove back, and also should lead to better offense for Jahlil, then I'm down with it.

And perhaps it's also an overpay to the Pelicans in order to apologise for the Jrue Holiday non-disclosure stuff.

Belated thoughts on the Ish trade is that - with 2 games evidence - is that it needed to be done. I hate that we had to trade for him as opposed to just signing him in the offseason, but I'm not losing sleep over those second round picks. 3, possibly 4 first rounders this year. A gluttony of picks from 2018 onwards. The value of those picks shouldn't be undervalued (just look at Jerami and Holmes) but in this particular instance, I think we're okay without em.

Ish and Nerlens though is freaking great. Watching the Phoneix game now, and had to freaking laugh at their first possession being an alley-oop. Jahlil too will benefit from Ish, but what it means for the team is going forwards will be hella interesting. Clearly playing with pace, Kendall only logged in 4 mins against Utah.

As for Wroten, he's been around for a while and totally bought in to what the team was doing. Will miss for him that, but not his turnovers.

Other news, Brandon Ingram is looking real legit. Very nice shooting touch. Can't go wrong with 1 or 2.

Okafor/Noel tandem is slowly improving. Helps when Nerlens has been dominate on defense and Okafor on the other end. Don't play enough together to know if it's something to bank on in the future, but certainly encouraging.

Bigger question now though is Simmons or Ingram?

Ignoring the possibility of 3 because that will kill me.

Okafor/Noel tandem is slowly improving. Helps when Nerlens has been dominate on defense and Okafor on the other end. Don't play enough together to know if it's something to bank on in the future, but certainly encouraging.

Bigger question now though is Simmons or Ingram?

Ignoring the possibility of 3 because that will kill me.

I'm being selfish and saying Simmons. Kid is great already. I think he'll fit into the NBA style just perfectly.

Think the gap between the two are closing. Ingram really excites me and I think his superstar potential is great, but if given the first pick tomorrow you have to go with Simmons.

Ingram being a full 14 months younger than Simmons is the kind of thing that doesn't really matter, but when you look at how developed his game is already, its still unreal to think that he's not even close to being the player that he could become, especially on D. Simmons' game would translate immediately, but how successful he will be might be dependent on whether he develops that jumper.

Greetings brethren.

Think the gap between the two are closing. Ingram really excites me and I think his superstar potential is great, but if given the first pick tomorrow you have to go with Simmons.

Ingram being a full 14 months younger than Simmons is the kind of thing that doesn't really matter, but when you look at how developed his game is already, its still unreal to think that he's not even close to being the player that he could become, especially on D. Simmons' game would translate immediately, but how successful he will be might be dependent on whether he develops that jumper.

Have caught a couple of Duke games, as well as flicking through youtube, and I do really like the look of Ingram and his offensive game. Apparently has it in him to be a real lock down defender too, but haven't seen a heap of that first hand. His skill set meshes well with what we've got going on, improving floor spacing and starting to fill up that back court with a great prospect.

With that said, he would have to go to another level for me to really consider passing up on Simmons with pick one to take him. Granted that Simmons doesn't fit perfectly, and his jump shooting is a question mark (he does shoot over .700 from the FT line though), but so many aspects of his game are elite. You'd be a brave man to pass up on that talent.

As you say though, this could all be redundant and we end up with pick 3 and a little bit of my spirit dies forever. Whatevs

At the very least, if we do end up with 1, you want Hinkie making the decision and not the bullshit that has been reported that ownership told him to draft Jahlil over Kristaps.

Really excited with what the Miami pick could become. Every chance its a lottery pick that we keep, and there are a good number of players that we could have a look at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back