Preview The Heritier Lumumba motion picture thread - "Concussion - Its been fantastic"

Remove this Banner Ad

What Paul Roos will be facing if we sign the second coming of Jesus.

On this discussion, i think we are in all honestly going too deep with this. The current issue on Harry's high horse could have been solved by talking directly to the players involved. Homophobia isn't even close to what it was in the past, sure, its not completely irrelevant but its not as it once was either.

There are many issues such as this that exist in the world. There will always be a minority that continues to victimise people intentionally to hurt, but with education and a sit down chat with friends/teammates I'm sure this could be solved quite easily. Players are generally smart enough to learn from their mistakes if its brought to their attention (most players are still young men after all and heaven forbid may make a mistake or offend someone!), for me its just the flavour of the month for Harry, he will find something else to whinge about or another crusade to save the world from next month.

Last edited:

I personally think he will improve our team. Based on our performances over the last few years, we can't really turn up our noses at people who have performed in successful teams.

I personally think he will improve our team. Based on our performances over the last few years, we can't really turn up our noses at people who have performed in successful teams.

Like Dawes and Byrnes? Happy to take guys who are partly responsible for the success of their clubs - let's avoid getting any more of the ones who ride on the former's coat-tails.

Harry O was All Australian the year Collingwood won the flag. I consider that performing, not riding the coat tails. He may not be All Australian standard now,
but he is still better than anything we currently have.

The guys a deadset peanut
Finding ways to get offended by things is just trying to make yourself look out to be like Gandi

If someone at my workplace called one of my coworkers a lazy piece of s**t I wouldn't quit the business due to the bullying culture that exists , that would just be a cheap way out , i would go up to him directly and sort out the issues face to face
Not go to the top management have a whinge quit and then move to Nepal

It's not a homophobic comment in the slightest, it's a shithouse Attempt to rib some team mates who weren't even slightly offended

He would be the sorta bloke you couldn't have a laugh with because everything is a serious life issue

Everyone's opinion will change if we sign him and that's fine.

People were quite upset when we traded for Dawes (myself included) and then he played a game here and there where he wasn't complete rubbish and then we justified the decision.

If we have have Jack Watts, Chris Dawes and Harrieter O'brien/Lumumba playing in our side in 2015 I probably won't be watching

I fondly remember a Pies game back a few years ago where it looked like Col and Brad Green were fighting over who got to play on Harry. They got about 5 goals between them when playing on him and none otherwise in a comfortable loss.

People were quite upset when we traded for Dawes (myself included) and then he played a game here and there where he wasn't complete rubbish and then we justified the decision.

If we have have Jack Watts, Chris Dawes and Harrieter O'brien/Lumumba playing in our side in 2015 I probably won't be watching

Come on mate, you were watching this year with Jack Watts, Chris Dawes and Dean Terlich in the team. It wont be worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Universal Love? I find this thread completely homophobic. If it continues I may consider resigning from Bigfooty...

I prefixed it whilst being held at knife point. None of you people have been what i have been through, none of you.

Come on mate, you were watching this year with Jack Watts, Chris Dawes and Dean Terlich in the team. It wont be worse.
I actually decided to play footy just so I had an excuse not to watch as many games this year.

In the 4 games we won, 3 were on a Saturday afternoon :oops:

What does that say about us just resigning him?
That we have less than 35 players better than him. This is also true for Harry. Like I said I'm setting a higher bar for recruits, particularly ones that don't come free or with upside.

That we have less than 35 players better than him. This is also true for Harry. Like I said I'm setting a higher bar for recruits, particularly ones that don't come free or with upside.
We need to keep in mind there is absolutely no incentive in coming to play for the mighty Dee's. Any All Australian we can get through the door is a bonus

We need to keep in mind there is absolutely no incentive in coming to play for the mighty Dee's. Any All Australian we can get through the door is a bonus
Sweet lets bring in Joel Bowden, I hear he doesn't have a team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back