Player Sponsorship The player sponsorship discussion thread

• Thread starter Old Spice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Player Sponsorship for 2010

Hey Skeetz, great to see you're involved again.

Put me down for $200.00 (4 votes I believe if we're keeping it the same?)

Personally, given the money we got last year I think we go for a top line player $1950.00 and an up and coming....(Beams.....???).

Hey Skeetz, great to see you're involved again.

Put me down for $200.00 (4 votes I believe if we're keeping it the same?)

Personally, given the money we got last year I think we go for a top line player $1950.00 and an up and coming....(Beams.....???).

Ahhh there's your old familiar avatar, and blue name :D

Yeah I am really hoping that we'll be able to take on 2 players for 2010. The prices might change a bit, but by starting this a bit earlier this time round hopefully we can raise even more funds. Plus I reckon a few people will sign up just based on the size of Bloben's smile from the pics of last year. I want to be that happy too dammit!!

Go to the opening post, and click on the link to join the group PE! Great to see you back on the horse this year :thumbsu:

:thumbsu: Put me in for $100-00 as well skeetz

But take my money real quick before it goes on xmas LOL.

You sure that link works ???? I tried a couple of times and got the run around

Thanks

Any way to do it without putting credit card details on the internet?

"Woozer" indeed!:rolleyes:
Skeetz or whoever handles the money will provide their bank details to you via email and you simply direct debit to that account.
You can do it over the net or at he bank depending on your circumstance.

We had no problems with money last year, even with Tess being banned and then later reinstated.:thumbsu:

Sorry guys, I chose the wrong option. Please try it again.

The banking details are in a thread within the group. As Pie Eyed basically said, all you have to do is transfer the money by either netbanking or phone banking, or go to a Westpac branch and make the deposit.

Welcome aboard bushpie!

I will also give 100 dollars to for the sponsorship
Welcome aboard anubis! I have approved your request to join the group, you will find the details for depositing the money in there.

Wow this is really motoring along, great work guys :thumbsu:

Put me down for $100.

And a further $100 to bring Pie Eyed's contribution to $300, because I pay my debts (6 votes is possibly overkill but I'm pretty sure this is the way he'd want to be paid back).

Although with my Collingwood membership bought 2days ago and Xmas around the corner, could there be a worse time for this? lol. Not to worry though, I can afford it this year.

And the top 3 to top 5 player voting system like last year has to be the way to go. We may have had Didak last year but a voting system to get all new members involved fairly is the only proper way to do this.

I have applied to the group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and is there going to be a deadline?
Yes there will be a deadline. Each player can have up to 5 sponsors, and existing sponsors have first dibbs (ie, we could go on with Didak next year if we wanted to). Last year, existing sponsors had until Jan 29 to inform the club if they were continuing or not. After that date, the club started accepting new sponsors.
So we would need to have all the money, and have voted on which player/s to sponsor by Jan 28 at the latest.
I will contact Jess at the club again to see whether or not this deadline will be the same for next year.

Put me down for $100.

And a further $100 to bring Pie Eyed's contribution to $300, because I pay my debts (6 votes is possibly overkill but I'm pretty sure this is the way he'd want to be paid back).

Although with my Collingwood membership bought 2days ago and Xmas around the corner, could there be a worse time for this? lol. Not to worry though, I can afford it this year.

And the top 3 to top 5 player voting system like last year has to be the way to go. We may have had Didak last year but a voting system to get all new members involved fairly is the only proper way to do this.

I have applied to the group.
Excellent, great to have you in the club scruff.
I definitely agree with the above sentiment.
This year, I am hoping that we can make this a much more inclusive venture. I felt very detatched last year, and after the initial excitement there was a distinct lack of updates/conversation/etc.
If everyone feels included this year, and we make it much more of a big deal throughout the year, maybe we will get the same group of people for 2011, and be able to continue on from there with the same player.

If we get enough funds, we should be able to get a player from the leadership group, and a young up-and-comer. It would be great if we got a young fella to be able to support him each year and follow his whole career with extra interest.

im in too... and i dont think it would be a bid idea if we throw in an extra 20 for the guy arranging all this so that he can by a nice bottle of something for his troubles..

put me down for $100.00

Great to have another first-time member. Welcome spartan!
And if you are talking about me: A) I'm a chick (you obviously didn't read my post in the Man vs Wildthread in the nest) and B) My reward for this is just being involved with the greatest sporting club in the country. Thanks for the sentiment though :)

I pledged last year and came up short (bad time of year and all), so this year I'm joining the group to keep in the loop and when I know I can pay I'll pledge / pay at the same time. For now, consider me an expression of interest, this way there's my impact on the bottom line is predictable.
No worries pongo, I know the feeling well. Join the group (link is in the OP), and just let us know how you're going. You can deposit bit-by-bit if you need to :)

Skeetz or whoever handles the money will provide their bank details to you via email and you simply direct debit to that account.
You can do it over the net or at he bank depending on your circumstance.

We had no problems with money last year, even with Tess being banned and then later reinstated.:thumbsu:

I don't want to do this by direct debit as I have a joint account with himself, and he'd have a heart attack if he thought I was spending money on footy that should be directed to homeless people/bushfire victims/assorted refugees/Palestinians, so I need to go to a bank and just pay it into an account. Put me down for $100.

I don't want to do this by direct debit as I have a joint account with himself, and he'd have a heart attack if he thought I was spending money on footy that should be directed to homeless people/bushfire victims/assorted refugees/Palestinians, so I need to go to a bank and just pay it into an account. Put me down for $100.
Hey Snag, another new member, great to see!

Please join this group, where you will find a thread containing info on how to make your donation. It's as easy as pie, all you need to do is go to a Westpac branch with the account number and cash!
(get in quick before bushfire season :p)

I'll be in again! Put me down for $100 which i should have available in about 2 weeks :)

Seriously for those of you who are on the fence - get involved - I was one of the lucky ones who got a chance to win a ticket to the season launch dinner and it was a great night! Get to meet many of the players and they are all up for a chat.
Hopefully we get enough for 2 players also!

Love your work Snag!

Be brave Snag......... I cant wait til the lovely peachpie gets home and I tell her I have put $100 in.............. I am so dead:footy::footy::footy:

I am 17 and i dont have access to a credit card is there any other way for me to pay? If there is i will be willing to also pay $100.00

I am 17 and i dont have access to a credit card is there any other way for me to pay? If there is i will be willing to also pay $100.00

Makes me feel good that I'm the Boss at my place...lol...OOOOOH s**t here comes the missus....back soon....

"Yeah Darl....Bigfooty???...no just checking my email...."
:D:D:D:D:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back