The player that buried your SC 2014 season.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One player cannot bury you.

Walker, (early injuries) to Mitchell, Hanley & Watson, starting with NicNat, Nroo, Buddy & Wingard.

Combined, they picked me up, flipped me and then power bombed me 10 feet into the ground. Dead buried.

Along comes Hibberd to give a sneaky kick to the ribs then runs away like a coward.

The ONE player I didn't start with that buried me was Pendles. NEVER. AGAIN.

You say one player cannot bury you.....

I present exhibit A:

Cyril Rioli

Exhibit B:

Dane swan

You say one player cannot bury you.....

I present exhibit A:

Cyril Rioli

Exhibit B:

Dane swan
With 30 trades, ONE player cannot bury your season.

Biggest flop is a different conversation.

only real bad mistake was picking Patrick Cripps over Matt Crouch... cost me couple hundred k
just a few hurdles other than that which I jumped off quickly... Swanny Rohan

Hanley.

Taking him over Swallow in starting team. Created a headache which influenced future trades. Had Swallow pencilled in, in 'trail team' all pre season too. Same price range, same "risk" etc. Had to waste trades to part with him when he got injured. Hanley was a real pain by not delivering early in season what he has shown he is capable of. While Swallow was churning out consistent 100's. Frustrating!

This thread needs a poll.

My nomination is Sam Mitchell. Had all my trades planned out going into the byes - was going to have a full team every week until he got himself injured, losing 60k in the process and resulted in me picking up Birchall, who hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With 30 trades, ONE player cannot bury your season.

Biggest flop is a different conversation.
Flops can dig the hole, but one player can certainly throw you in and bury you alive.

I'm hanging by a thread at the moment. Hibberd looks likely to kill my season off though. Only 3 trades left, 1 mid upgrade required and want to bring in Mitchell at some stage for Enright. Done.

This thread needs a poll.

My nomination is Sam Mitchell. Had all my trades planned out going into the byes - was going to have a full team every week until he got himself injured, losing 60k in the process and resulted in me picking up Birchall, who hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

I did the exact same thing. I don't blame the players I blame the coach. My initial team was actually quite good you could argue I've made it worse than it was. I was ranked as high as 130 at one point. Even made it through the byes with a rank of 200. Since then every trade has been bad.

I can only blame myself. I'll bet things are only gonna get worse for me.

Probably Mitchell, it meant that I decided to bring Swanny in who has spudded it up. Let me short down back and ****ed me in the mids.

Traded in Shaw last week and with Hibberd and Bews out I'm going to have to either trade him or Hibberd out. Fair to say it's stuffed my season.

hasn't sunk my season but driven me nuts and cost me valuable trades.... the knock on effect resulting in missing Mcgovern and having no fwd bench cover to speak of.

Drew F&$*#ING Petrie.

Brought him in rnd 5 at 414k, and out at rnd 12 for 351k.
what did my 60k buy me you ask?

before finally conceding defeat.

Has since gone:

Thanks Drew, I hope your puppy gets run over by a channel 7 sports presenter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back