The Precinct at Alberton (Formerly The Port Club)

Remove this Banner Ad

For some reason the beer out of the taps taste better there too, i just cant put my finger on it :p Fresh and crisp, i just have to have another and another while soaking up the history.

Its because they clean the beer lines with Jackson Trengove's sweat.

Popped down for dinner tonight. The Magpies captain and a million relatives were sitting on the next table - he has an identical twin. Who knew? Except you CaptnHeffo_PAFC

When were the pillars in the dining room painted black and white? Looks schmick.

Food was amazing again. Seriously good and dirt cheap for the quality. Get down there for a feed, peeps.

Popped down for dinner tonight. The Magpies captain and a million relatives were sitting on the next table - he has an identical twin. Who knew? Except you CaptnHeffo_PAFC

When were the pillars in the dining room painted black and white? Looks schmick.

Food was amazing again. Seriously good and dirt cheap for the quality. Get down there for a feed, peeps.

Was there last night - cheap Porterhouse but tasted like heaven.

Saw the new lads, they're definitely 200, 199, 197, 191... big boys.

Logan Austin hit three 10s in a row in the handball challenge. Went down to the wire as well.

Been meaning to get down there.
had many convos with the guy who makes the burgers for the new menu while at AO.

I was there tonight as well... how bout them ribs!!!!

My family support the club and during every winter season for more than a decade a group of us and our friends have been dining there regularly after games but this season the food preparation, what you get for your dollar, and other things best left unmentioned, has been appalling. Others have expressed to us exactly how we feel about it too, so we know we are not alone, especially the group that told us they had gastro after one night eating at the club, I couldn't believe they still came back. So from our perspective it is about several thumbs down unfortunately.

My family support the club and during every winter season for more than a decade a group of us and our friends have been dining there regularly after games but this season the food preparation, what you get for your dollar, and other things best left unmentioned, has been appalling. Others have expressed to us exactly how we feel about it too, so we know we are not alone, especially the group that told us they had gastro after one night eating at the club, I couldn't believe they still came back. So from our perspective it is about several thumbs down unfortunately.

That's unfortunate. Have eaten at the club 7 or 8 times at various times this year and not had a problem, in fact since the 1870 Steakhouse menu has been instituted the food's easily the best it's been.

I was beginning to wonder if there are two Port Clubs because my experience, while not as bad as yours PA88, has not been all that good. In fairness that was during the footy season and it looks like the Club may have a new chef and a new menu since then. Mind you it would need to. The bar service and beer quality has been good though and Kutch has been pretty good to talk to.

Looks like I must get down there to check the menu out.

Yes I'm talking since the new chef and new menu has been brought in, which has been in since last summer. I guess we each have different experiences, probably like any other place. It is uncomfortable talking about it, I must say, I haven't mentioned it before because it is the club afterall. About midway through the year we decided that for at least Power games we would dine in a more convenient place with better eating options, for Maggies games the decision is a little harder for us. We want to support the club but the satisfaction is waning.

I did type more here and have since deleted it for the sake of the club.

Last edited:
It means they thought it was only the fault of the players.

Or perhaps a different approach by the same people.

Look at the way that Rohde and Cripps were perceived back in 2011 and compare it to the guru status that they are viewed in today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or perhaps a different approach by the same people.

Look at the way that Rohde and Cripps were perceived back in 2011 and compare it to the guru status that they are viewed in today.

Seriously they don't have guru status now but they probably are being seen in a better light. The club was performing poorly on the field and the fingers were being pointed at some players, Cripps, and Rohde. It could be argued that they were accused unfairly or it could be argued that they were not better performers some years ago, do we really know? In come changes with other personnel and these guys get their roles tweaked and/or changed. The common supporter cannot confidently measure their abilities looking from the outside, basically.

Will be there in a couple of weeks. Strikers game, so ive got an excuse to waltz into my club and just pretend i own the joint.

Sit down and me and the Mrs will have a cold beer at the front bar and catch up with the old fellas. I might sneak out and have another look at the famous turf. The boys are in Dubai. Hopefully the chat is about them, if not we'll talk about something else :)

People can have completely different experiences so no doubt people have left the club less than impressed.

From everything ive heard, its more good than bad

How long since you been to the club last? I know they were advertising for a chef just recently (after the football season ended) . May be worth giving it another crack mate :)

We dine there a number of times during the season, so not long ago. We will still attend but probably not with the same commitment. I shared a couple of people's experiences which enraged the BF posse to come after me, that's all. :). If it wasn't more good than bad I'm sure the place would be on the news. We dine around the Port area a lot, and there are some wonderful places.

never had a problem with the food at the club. eat there a bit during the year, always been fine.

once had a beef schnitzel that could have fed three quarters of africa, couldnt get through it, had a crack though........

I blame "foodie" culture for the overly critical approach to eating out. "Foodie". I mean, what the **** is that? "Seb won't be happy about us going there for dinner, he's a foodie".

Excellent choice of name, btw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back