The Precinct at Alberton (Formerly The Port Club)

floodbuster

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2014
Too close to the sun
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Southampton fc
Smelly schnitzel suggests old oil over any sort of food safety issue
Hard to say, I've known 2 Butchers (not the John kind) who've said schnitzels are meat that is starting to go off but still edible so they are covered to hide anything, in fact 1 refuses to eat schnitzels or sausages.

Sep 6, 2009
FNQ
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Bears
Hard to say, I've known 2 Butchers (not the John kind) who've said schnitzels are meat that is starting to go off but still edible so they are covered to hide anything, in fact 1 refuses to eat schnitzels or sausages.

What can I say? I guess I'm a carrion eater. Love crumbed steak and snags

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Smelly schnitzel suggests old oil over any sort of food safety issue
Aged beef has that "beefy smell" to it. Some people actually prefer it and those that aren't used to it can think it smells.
I'm not saying that's what it was but it's not uncommon with beef schnitzels to occasionally have that beefy aroma, but when that is the reason it does not mean the meat is anywhere near being off.

EDIT: Some of the more expensive steaks are aged steaks but that is not to everybody's palate.

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
Was there today, waited 90 mins for food, must have had a sicky in the kitchen, food was impeccable still. Only negative, after ordering at 1230 and being served at 1400, when the grandma finished and wanted a piece of cake, we were advised service finished at 1400.

All in all, if you're looking for a good feed, it's fantastic

Was there today, waited 90 mins for food, must have had a sicky in the kitchen, food was impeccable still. Only negative, after ordering at 1230 and being served at 1400

I'll never understand the idea of this being negative. Pre-meal drinking time with good people is one of the best types of drinking time there is. Let it carry on.

Jan 16, 2009
Heaps good
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies, Bulls & Cricket Aus
I'll never understand the idea of this being negative. Pre-meal drinking time with good people is one of the best types of drinking time there is. Let it carry on.
* yeah, 90 min session on the west end lights with grandma while we wait for food would've been awesome.

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
**** yeah, 90 min session on the west end lights with grandma while we wait for food would've been awesome.
The hour we had already spent there had the kids restless already. The arcade games got a work over

AlbertonBloke

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It needs to be put in perspective,the Mrs and I are always eating out somewhere,recently spent $400 for 2 of us in a city restaurant and left sober and hungry,or the $3.20 we paid per oyster on semaphore road yesterday where a casual lunch easily turned really expensive. And on the other side of the coin we go to the Prince (the other port club)or the Alby with it's massive menu that would be larger than any pub menu I have seen anywhere. The Port Club stacks up well to all of the above for quality and price,I have been eating there as long as I can remember,a salad/veg bar would be nice with everything covered in baked cheese but I can cope without. Within a ten minute drive from Alberton there would be 50+ pubs/cafes/restaurants etc and I think they hold their own

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd love to weigh in and take sides but unfortunately I'm vegetarian. Who wants to start a fight over the salad bar?
Best I've seen in a bistro type set up is some generation dickead kid get one of those sealed plastic packets of multicoloured mixed weed stuff and put it straight in a salad container to top it up.
Not only no rinsing etc but the stuff had already started melting and growing trees of its own.
Talk about steel cap boot material.

**** yeah, 90 min session on the west end lights with grandma while we wait for food would've been awesome.
The hour we had already spent there had the kids restless already. The arcade games got a work over

See, you people are clearly having dinner with the wrong people. :D

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
I make my own schnitzels from veal cutlets or pork fillet.
Marinate at least 15 min(although up to 1 hour is better) in Marsala All 'Uovo (Boronia is $9.49 per 750ml), completely cover with breadcrumbs and press them down as hard as possible. Cook in a non-stick frypan on a low heat with a little oil and butter to taste.
Frypan must be non-stick and heat no more than mid-range or the crumbs will stick to the frypan.

Butchers will butterfly the pork fillet, just ask them to make it schnitzel thickness.

Last edited:

AlbertonBloke

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It needs to be put in perspective,the Mrs and I are always eating out somewhere,recently spent $400 for 2 of us in a city restaurant and left sober and hungry,or the $3.20 we paid per oyster on semaphore road yesterday where a casual lunch easily turned really expensive. And on the other side of the coin we go to the Prince (the other port club)or the Alby with it's massive menu that would be larger than any pub menu I have seen anywhere. The Port Club stacks up well to all of the above for quality and price,I have been eating there as long as I can remember,a salad/veg bar would be nice with everything covered in baked cheese but I can cope without. Within a ten minute drive from Alberton there would be 50+ pubs/cafes/restaurants etc and I think they hold their own
I received a notification that this post was deleted for being too personal lol

I had a few deleted for being too personal.

Wtf does that even mean? This is a public forum, it's going to be full of personal and topical conversation.

I had a few deleted for being too personal.

Wtf does that even mean? This is a public forum, it's going to be full of personal and topical conversation.

Me too and I'm pretty sure I didn't even get involved in yesterday's shitfight... lol

Back