Mega Thread The Port Store Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Port megastore for I have sinned.
I desperately wanted a teal training t shirt that the coaches wear.Because I wanted to show it off in Brazil as I am currently on route in Dubai.I called the store as I saw none on line.The lad didn't kniw what I was talking abour or anything about what the coaches wore.So against all my morals and values I boufht it on Ebay.It took 4 days to get to me with free postage .Plese forgive me........but lift your game in the process.

Just want to confirm some info.

I understand buying from the store would mean maximum profit goes to the club, however, is this the same for buying online through the PAFC site?

When I was in Adelaide 4 weeks ago, there were no members polo in my size, and the girl suggested to try online as they have different stock and run by a separate company. So I wonder if the benefit to the club is less.....

Just want to confirm some info.

I understand buying from the store would mean maximum profit goes to the club, however, is this the same for buying online through the PAFC site?

When I was in Adelaide 4 weeks ago, there were no members polo in my size, and the girl suggested to try online as they have different stock and run by a separate company. So I wonder if the benefit to the club is less.....

The profits would go to the club, the actual merch is probably just sent directly from the distributor.

Was in Rebel Sport Marion yesterday and they were well stocked with stuff like the zip-up tech hoodie, stuff the club shop still isn't stocking until closer to the season. The club's rationale is they'd rather wait until closer to winter to stock up on winter gear, which makes no sense. Christmas is the first big buying period for club merch, Family Day is the the next. They'd be mad not to be fully stocked by family day.

Was in Rebel Sport Marion yesterday and they were well stocked with stuff like the zip-up tech hoodie, stuff the club shop still isn't stocking until closer to the season. The club's rationale is they'd rather wait until closer to winter to stock up on winter gear, which makes no sense. Christmas is the first big buying period for club merch, Family Day is the the next. They'd be mad not to be fully stocked by family day.
Sorry for off topic, but when is the family day finny?..........without googling and all that crap.

They probably don't have room to stock stuff like Rebel sports but they should at least have stuff available online.They are only doing themselves a disservice

That attitude throws a spanner in the works for all us guys who preach about only getting merchandise from the club so the profits stay at the club. The club should always be the first place you'd find new gear. The store has gone to the dogs recently, lift your game guys there's money to be made

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Granted the Port Store doesn't have huge floor space. But they don't need to throw everything they have of a particular item on the racks all at the same time. Just put say 5 of everything out with a sign above the rack saying "More sizes available, ask at counter". Their space management in there is terrible.

Granted the Port Store doesn't have huge floor space. But they don't need to throw everything they have of a particular item on the racks all at the same time. Just put say 5 of everything out with a sign above the rack saying "More sizes available, ask at counter". Their space management in there is terrible.
Very good idea. Might be worth emailing them about that. The amount of times I've only seen xs, s, xxl etc on the racks and never mediums and larges and to ask at the counter to find out they've heaps out back... sadly many wouldn't bother asking and just presume they don't have any in their size, and end up spending their money elsewhere.

I mean i'd never buy or wear a polo shirt (outside of a cricket club playing/after match shirt) and the concept of paying $90 for one is hilarious to me, but these aren't to bad.

I don't see why people have problems wearing polos in public.

I proudly wear my 2014 media polo to the shops whenever I can get a chance to do so.

I don't see why people have problems wearing polos in public.

I proudly wear my 2014 media polo to the shops whenever I can get a chance to do so.
Polos just aren't for me, personally.

I have no issue with people who wear club gear around either, I wear my PA cap everywhere.

I'm happy for everyone else to wear literally whatever they want, wherever they want.

I too believe the port store has gone up a certain creek.

I believe the manager (Anton?) left and the new blokes aren't just like before.
Why outsource the online sales? That's sometimes a laughing stock; the "port Adelaide flag pole" with a picture of a Richmond one, a port magpies hoodie being a "power heritage hoodie" and I'm sure the list could go on.
The old in store pick up was handy, especially for limited releases aka NTUA scarf.

The range instore is a joke; the much loved two chevron zip up jacket was in rebel sport way before Christmas. So was the black media cap and many more things. I bought the zip up from rebel (I had gift cards!) and I still believe they're not instore yet.
I've used it at least five times since NYE (Adelaide's unpredictable summers :( ) but that's some money the port store would've got if they had it.

As an earlier poster said, put out the full summer/winter range and have only a couple of each size but say more stock out back.
/half rant

there is a fair chance the port store in its physical form will cease to exist imo, at the very least it will be changed into more of a display store to try on and check out various merch, but the physical stock will be woeful and will probably stay that way. I won't be expecting much investment into the physical store, though it could certainly stand to have the basics such as displays of every piece of merch we sell, more accurate communication regarding products and ETAs, better merchandising etc. they would be running on a shoestring budget there, but it doesn't excuse the basics like presentation and displays of full ranges of stock.

I wouldn't be surprised if a very large percentage of their sales are done at the stands set up in Adelaide Oval.

The stands inside the oval are run by third parties, so only a portion of the sales ends up back at the club. They're pretty much Rebel Sport at AO. The vans outside are all club though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back