Mega Thread The Port Store Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
t-shirt designs I've come up with and why I would do a better job than the current merch designers:

a plain black t-shirt with just the New Era PAFC monogram on the front, that's it, something like this:

hwl
pMLB2-16754253dt.jpg

a gray t-shirt with just the words PORT in block letters on it, that's it, as mentioned before with the picture of Mac from Always Sunny

a name t-shirt parody (like below) which just lists first names in Helvetica font
0097.jpg
0107.jpg
0100.jpg

Port's could just be:

Travis &
Chad &
Ollie &
Robbie &
Hamish &
Ken &
Kochie

or

Warren &
Chad &
Gavin &
Dewie &
Choco

or

Russell &
Jack &
Geoff &
Fos

the t-shirts should go back to basic, minimal, simple, clean designs, no overuse of teal, faux-heritage s**t or slogans, I don't want to wear a t-shirt that says PAFC Port Adelaide Football Club Power Magpies AFL SANFL est. 1870 2004 Premiers Alberton Oval Adelaide Oval South Australia Australia Planet Earth Milky Way...unless the italicised sentence was incorporated into a minimalist t-shirt design

a gray t-shirt with just the words PORT in block letters on it, that's it, as mentioned before with the picture of Mac from Always Sunny

a name t-shirt parody (like below) which just lists first names in Helvetica font
0097.jpg
0107.jpg
0100.jpg

Port's could just be:

Travis &
Chad &
Ollie &
Robbie &
Hamish &
Ken &
Kochie

or

Warren &
Chad &
Gavin &
Dewie &
Choco

or

Russell &
Jack &
Geoff &
Fos

the t-shirts should go back to basic, minimal, simple, clean designs, no overuse of teal, faux-heritage s**t or slogans, I don't want to wear a t-shirt that says PAFC Port Adelaide Football Club Power Magpies AFL SANFL est. 1870 2004 Premiers Alberton Oval Adelaide Oval South Australia Australia Planet Earth Milky Way...unless the italicised sentence was incorporated into a minimalist t-shirt design

These sorts of shirts i'm fairly sure began with the Beatles

John&
Paul&
George&
Ringo.

I think for the sake of clarity you'd probably want to keep it to 4 names.

Travis&
Robbie&
Hamish&
Chad.

or similar.

t-shirt designs I've come up with and why I would do a better job than the current merch designers:

a plain black t-shirt with just the New Era PAFC monogram on the front, that's it, something like this:

hwl
pMLB2-16754253dt.jpg

0097.jpg
0107.jpg
0100.jpg

Port's could just be:

Travis &
Chad &
Ollie &
Robbie &
Hamish &
Ken &
Kochie

or

Warren &
Chad &
Gavin &
Dewie &
Choco

or

Russell &
Jack &
Geoff &
Fos

I think most here agree and similar designs have been floated in this thread before. Unfortunately, with regards to the PA monogram design, New Era own the rights to that design so we could only use it on our merch if New Era produced it. But yeah, you're 100% on the money with the path we should be going down.

I think most here agree and similar designs have been floated in this thread before. Unfortunately, with regards to the PA monogram design, New Era own the rights to that design so we could only use it on our merch if New Era produced it. But yeah, you're 100% on the money with the path we should be going down.
Why don't we just offer them some cash for it, pritty simple hit them with a low ball figure if they say no tell them t go frk them self and don't stock their products.

If we don't stock the monogram then it is worthless.

We really, really need to get the rights to the monogram, but the Port store isn't in the state at the moment to do so.

I'm guessing even Anton didn't realise how big those caps would get, so nobody bothered to try to get the rights to the monogram.

Why don't we just offer them some cash for it, pritty simple hit them with a low ball figure if they say no tell them t go frk them self and don't stock their products.

If we don't stock the monogram then it is worthless.

I don't think New Era would be in the business of being bullied by incredibly small time clients by their standards.

We'd be better going to them and trying to strike a fair deal. We want to use the monogram more often, how do we go about doing so etc.

I don't think New Era would be in the business of being bullied by incredibly small time clients by their standards.

We'd be better going to them and trying to strike a fair deal. We want to use the monogram more often, how do we go about doing so etc.

I'm guessing the value proposition isn't there.
(ie the amount we'd have to pay them vs the amount we're likely to receive in revenue selling the merch.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing the value proposition isn't there.
(ie the amount we'd have to pay them vs the amount we're likely to receive in revenue selling the merch.)

I'd agree at this point, but the merchandise side of things is such a rabble at the moment it's impossible to know how seriously we've taken getting hold of it

I'd agree at this point, but the merchandise side of things is such a rabble at the moment it's impossible to know how seriously we've taken getting hold of it

I would be very surprised if KT isn't aware of the situation.
It's probably gone onto the "once we've nailed a few big things" pile.

hwl
pMLB2-16754253dt.jpg

0097.jpg
0107.jpg
0100.jpg

Port's could just be:

Travis &
Chad &
Ollie &
Robbie &
Hamish &
Ken &
Kochie

or

Warren &
Chad &
Gavin &
Dewie &
Choco

or

Russell &
Jack &
Geoff &
Fos

I spent a few hours making a Port version of one of these t shirts on a site late last year.

If I can remember where it was I will post the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back