Mega Thread The Port Store Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In every other sport I follow I can buy the exact garment the players wear (in my size) or a cheaper replica. It'd be nice to be able to have that option in the AFL. Or to put it another way -

I WANT AN OLLIE WINES PLAYER ISSUE GUERNSEY IN 2XL DELIVERED TO MY DOOR AND I WANT IT NOW!
temper-tantrum-o.gif

You can't in soccer, I also doubt very much the gridiron ones are actually the same, they just claim it to add $150 to the price.

I'm sure you can in football (soccer), some manufacturers and clubs offer it and some don't

I'm sure when we are big enough ie. when we can financially justify it we will bring out the authentic expensive replicas

I'm sure you can in football (soccer), some manufacturers and clubs offer it and some don't

I'm sure when we are big enough ie. when we can financially justify it we will bring out the authentic expensive replicas

If only 'some' do then 'they' don't :).

You will also notice Trewth that they don't QUITE claim them to be the same they are only Elite (Nike do about 4 different types) (it is not an Elite 51) as those worn by the players (for the NFL ones).

"The Nike NFL Elite Jersey is based on the on-field Elite 51 uniform adopted by most NFL teams* and is Nike's premium game day jersey. This jersey features:"

You can only get them specially made 'Authentic' ones. Elite are not Authentic.

It's still preferable to the store bought stuff if you're that way inclined. Take the Megastore guernseys that you need to get the ironed on numbers for versus the player issue sublimated guernseys that are like chalk and cheese.

I'd take a waterproof jersey with stitched lettering/numbers over a non-waterproof with blu-tak'd numbers per se (said in SP gothkid voice).

If only 'some' do then 'they' don't :).

You will also notice Trewth that they don't QUITE claim them to be the same they are only Elite (Nike do about 4 different types) (it is not an Elite 51) as those worn by the players (for the NFL ones).

"The Nike NFL Elite Jersey is based on the on-field Elite 51 uniform adopted by most NFL teams* and is Nike's premium game day jersey. This jersey features:"

They have all the features that the on field jerseys do though, just like how I want all the same features on an AFL version if it were available, like the sublimated numbers, gps pocket and breathable side panel. Which was my original point, I'd like the option of having a guernsey that has all the features that the on field has and I'll pay extra for it, just like you can with those NFL Elite ones.

What's up with the nitpicking?

It's not really practical to wear an authentic NFL guernsey as a fan anyway, given how the sleeves are cut and the length and room for the pads.

Aussie rules guernseys are a little bit different in that regard.

They have all the features that the on field jerseys do though, just like how I want all the same features on an AFL version if it were available, like the sublimated numbers, gps pocket and breathable side panel. Which was my original point, I'd like the option of having a guernsey that has all the features that the on field has and I'll pay extra for it, just like you can with those NFL Elite ones.

What's up with the nitpicking?
Not quite though and if they are going to do it then at least do it properly, at least the AFL ones ARE proper authentic when they arise (I have a few), not nitpicking, just discussing. It doesn't bother me :) happy to drop it, just thought it was an interesting discussion.

I was just in the shop and it should be noted that the 2015 replica guernsey's, while not exactly like the player issue guernsey's, are much closer to it than the 2014 ones. Lighter, thinner, and stretchier than before.
Hopefully the next batch of Elimination Final heritage jumpers are made from the same material.

I was just in the shop and it should be noted that the 2015 replica guernsey's, while not exactly like the player issue guernsey's, are much closer to it than the 2014 ones. Lighter, thinner, and stretchier than before.
Hopefully the next batch of Elimination Final heritage jumpers are made from the same material.

Now we're talking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The elimination final guernsey is back in, if I got a Medium in the AAMI stadium heritage guernsey, and found it a little tight but wearable with nothing underneath, should I go a Large for this? Or will it be different and stick with the usual M?

The elimination final guernsey is back in, if I got a Medium in the AAMI stadium heritage guernsey, and found it a little tight but wearable with nothing underneath, should I go a Large for this? Or will it be different and stick with the usual M?
My elimination final guernsey is a M, it is exactly the same cut/length as my 2014 M H&A guernsey if you have one of those for comparison.

My AAMI PB's are an L and snug. My Elim PB's are an M and fit perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back