The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This year will suck, but I'm glad it's the first year of a new coach's tenure.

I think the prospect of a bottom 2/3 year is mostly scary because of the dual fears of losing the kids and our financial state.

Disinterested as the AFL has been, Brisbane is too large a city (although to be fair a relatively smaller market) not to have a viable team and surely they wouldn't actually allow the club to fold. And, after the year we had last year, the club are acutely aware of the need to keep our young talent on board. We will take some heavy losses, but the kids will get a lot of playing time knowing there are very simple reasons (age of list, injury, suspensions) for the heavy losses at the moment, and that the cavalry will be back eventually. Then, we finally get a crack at the very best players in a draft year, who are likely to be in a significant area of need.

If we can sort out the facilities during the course of the year I think things look okay in the medium term.

In Clarko's first year at the Hawks they won 5 games. In 2006 they started to improve and won 9. 2 years later they won the flag. He went with a complete youth policy and traded out players such as Thompson and Hay. He also delisted another 10 senior players in his first 2 years. They lost 4 of their first 5 games in 2005, their only win in their first 5 rounds was against us funnily enough. I wouldn't be surprised at the end of this year if we follow a similar path to what Clarko did. Can see senior players like Raines, Polks, Macguire and Lisle being delisted and I also wouldn't be surprised if we traded a few players too.

Things can change pretty quickly in this game. Don't give up, have faith, things will turn around. Regardless of how much we get flogged by in some games, I'll still be watching every second of it. As I did when Fitzroy was around and as I'll continue to do in the future. I'm very optimistic about our future. We drafted really well last year and we'll get some nice kids in the draft this year and through the Academy.

I have been in beautiful Kinglake and am now heading down to Melbourne with my lovely Mrs and looking forward to two days of eating and drinking like a medieval king.

The pain of Saturday was already at arm's length and is now receding. I will find another Lions stubby cooler to add to my collection (only allowed to buy the out of Brissie) and I will come home in time to see my boys take it to the miserable Tigers.

Stay true Lions. We'll be there shouting for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Clarko's first year at the Hawks they won 5 games. In 2006 they started to improve and won 9. 2 years later they won the flag. He went with a complete youth policy and traded out players such as Thompson and Hay. He also delisted another 10 senior players in his first 2 years. They lost 4 of their first 5 games in 2005, their only win in their first 5 rounds was against us funnily enough. I wouldn't be surprised at the end of this year if we follow a similar path to what Clarko did. Can see senior players like Raines, Polks, Macguire and Lisle being delisted and I also wouldn't be surprised if we traded a few players too.

Things can change pretty quickly in this game. Don't give up, have faith, things will turn around. Regardless of how much we get flogged by in some games, I'll still be watching every second of it. As I did when Fitzroy was around and as I'll continue to do in the future. I'm very optimistic about our future. We drafted really well last year and we'll get some nice kids in the draft this year and through the Academy.

I watched that team get smack by the swans at the MCG. It was like our team on the weekend with youth. Give it time people...at least we look set to rebuild properly

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Great to see Bruny Oval on Jack Irish last night.
Not the best surface but the grandstand brings back great memories.
The footy snip wasn't great but at least Fitzroy kicked a goal.
Bugger I meant to watch that show.
Love Guy Pearce.

Damn you Eons and your logical perspective!

tumblr_mi8sibbCS31rem27uo1_r1_250.gif

Been waiting all week, then the cyclone knocked out the ABC/SBS transmitter. Bugger.[/quote]

Watch it on iView - worthwhile just to see the crowd in the old grandstand.

Had a shocking hangover Saturday morning but managed to have my first beer at half time yesterday. The resurrection had come a week early. Praise be.
Even with the afore mentioned confession I will still be imposing rigorous standards of performance when marking this weeks preview. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thursday night games. :thumbsu:

At least we get our massive loss out of the way early so we can get on with enjoying the weekend.
Or we win and you get to watch the replay over and over and over. Bugger the rest of the round.

Vintage brown!! loved watching him kick a bag! and better yet.. some breathing room on the bottom of the ladder to help us get next brownie!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back