The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I had Hanley as a B+ because he couldn't seem to break a tag. Not now, he's an A grader for sure, along with Rocky, Patfull and, unbelievably, Stef.

Lewy was one snag away from the Rising Star award. Think he'll get it anyway, voters love stories like his.

Freeman surely is a lock for the weekly nom, which gives us four I believe (and Paps getting robbed a couple times).

The gameplan looks magnificent when we run in swarms (a bit scary when it breaks down but whatever). We've used the backwards / sideways thing only sparingly since the confidence has risen.

Zorko was awesome, and every first and second year player was at least solid (though Clarke had his hands full for a while).

And we beat Collingwood in a 'must win' for them at the G. That's probably best of all.

The Positives thread is doing some stretches and warm-ups for a busy week hopefully. Plenty of positives to talk about from that game.

Crisp was certainly one of our better players against the Crows. Moves well, good kick and appears to have plenty of promise. Looking forward to plenty more games from him.
I see Crisp as a carbon copy of Hawthorns Issac Smith. Tall fast winger who breaks lines and will hit the scoreboard. He will definitely improve with more exposure and decision making development.

Wonder if Ed will mention the kerfuffle he had with a fan.....would love to know what that was about.
Eddie has created an expectation with Pies faithful that they will always play finals and so many punters shell out extra coin for special memberships that guarantee them things like access to gf tix. When they don't keep that end of the bargain - problem/backlash

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are starting to lift our form in milestone games. For a while there you could mark us down for a guaranteed loss if a player was celebrating a milestone.

The Miracle on Grass (which was Blacky's record breaking game and Ash's 200th) might have broken the curse.

Got over the line for Browny's tribute match vs North and did it for Rocky last night.

Yep just come in to say that about Crisp - I hope we sign him up asap. If can get over those passes where he should hit a team mate - he can become the real deal. We haven't had that flanker that racks up possession like he has been doing since he came back in. He just looks like a footballer. I love seeing no. 5 out on the field. Seeing my fav Fitzroy player wore it so well for so long!

Looking like we are starting to build some depth in the list as well with god knows who will be in the best 22 next year. We have some serious tall forward prospects on our list already without feeling like we absolutely have to nail one of the talls in this draft!

Jed Adcock...loved his game and leadership last night.

Lewis Taylor and Darcy Gardiner...might not have been in the best, but their work ethic was outstanding and they are just both such endearing lads that hopefully will remain at the Lions their whole careers.

Daniel Merrett...his first half was exceptional and what we've been crying out for for a couple of year...kudos to him.

The Lions finish the year with 3 wins and 2 losses in Melbourne - our best effort since 2004. (That is true for VIC games as well even if we lose in round 23 in Geelong). Also it is the first time we have won 2 games in a row in Melbourne in a season since 2005.

Another big positive from last night was seeing Pies fans starting to leave from only 10 minutes into the 3rd quarter. Admittedly it was freezing and Collingwood were horrendous, but that is about the earliest I have ever seen supporters give up.

Such a shame for the Pies - the expression on Eddie McGuire's face at the end of the TV coverage was priceless!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back