The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Green is becoming Mr Dependable up forward. He works all game, even in the tough ones like today. Always finds a way to get a goal.

Rohan Bewick was very good again today.

Jack Crisp had a couple of shocking moments but I really hope he gets a start next week - he is going to get better.

I was tempted to start a new "toast" thread for this comment, but I'll just chuck it in here.

Our "senior" players need a big pat on the back I reckon. These are the guys who have embraced the flurry of teenagers that have infiltrated their team and faced this year with positivity, and actually got the job done most weeks (particularly the last half of the year).

Everyone goes on about our youthful talent, but I think it is fair to say that we actually have some solid talent in the rest of our core group, based on last year and this year. Patfull, Adcock and Goose have been really impressive down back, with their willingness to be patient and tolerant of the youngsters. Even blokes that have been around a few years are stepping it up - Hanley, Rockliff, Zorks and Martin are obvious, but the improvement in Bewick, Lester and even dare I say it Harwood, is great. All you want to see is improvement across the board and I can safely say we've seen a rise in stock price for nearly every player in our top 25.

End rant :)

I live in Melbourne and told a few people from work that "rockliff finished high last year and has had a better season this year... dont be surprised if he polls the most or close to the most votes".... keep in mind, i work with a lot of essendon supporters but they thought i was a complete imbecile for saying that.

This is not a positive... There needs to be new guidelines added to the job criteria!

A great development year for the young talent on our list. 2015 and beyond looks exciting and promising. Leppa is taking this list in the right direction:thumbsu:
Hopefully a right turn after the Bolte, across the West Gate, straight ahead until the Geelong bypass, then a veer left and straight ahead.

Considering all of the drama of last season, all of the doom and gloom, all of the injuries, we have come out of the season with a future - young coach, young team, developing game plan, plenty of re-signings.

It will take time, this is not going to be a smooth ride. But the foundations of the next flag were laid this season.

We will improve, slowly at first.

We will rise.

We will develop.

We will become, first a surprise.
Then a danger.
Then a threat.
Then a challenger.

And then...a champion team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Leuey's attach on the ball was great tonight. He had a harder edge to him.

I also thought if ZOB can just tidy up some of his disposals options there is some real talent there. He is so hard at the ball and the man, some very clever handball inside (it is the positive thread so I wont mention the not so clever ones ).

Tonight was also the first time when I thought Aish could really become something special too. Maybe because he kicked the ball more than handballing. I thought he would always be good, but now I am convinced he could become a real A grader in years to come.

I thought Leuey's attach on the ball was great tonight. He had a harder edge to him.

I also thought if ZOB can just tidy up some of his disposals options there is some real talent there. He is so hard at the ball and the man, some very clever handball inside (it is the positive thread so I wont mention the not so clever ones ).

Tonight was also the first time when I thought Aish could really become something special too. Maybe because he kicked the ball more than handballing. I thought he would always be good, but now I am convinced he could become a real A grader in years to come.
Yeah I reckon Aish is going to get the (more unfamiliar)second year blitz.

Lewie Taylor did his Rising Star chances no harm at all.

He is an absolute jet. It is pretty clear that teams are overlooking players like Taylor because of their height. Some of the best athletes in the world are short and they succeed because they have to adapt, become smarter,faster and work harder. If there was another pocket rocket in the draft this year i would pick him up, you can never have enough of them.

I think we showed late in the season that we are capable to kicking a winning score without Brown or another dominant forward.

Apart from a dodgy handball last night, Merrett's last few games have featured a welcome return to form. Goal sense is back and he's impacting contests with good timing.

Hopefully after some surgery in the off season he can get back to his best.

Man, Freeman can leap. With some more guidance he will be tough to out-mark.

Just back from the game and really it was all a bit inconsequential due to pre-match happenings. Me and my two sons were staying in the same hotel as the guys and my positive is the way they interacted with my sons and gave them some of their time. We walked into the lift and Leppa was there. My sons were stunned and they had their jumpers on (pre-Paddlepop!) and asked for his autograph. They didn't have a texta so asked if he would wait and they would ask at reception. We waited in line and Leppa came up and gave them one, duly signed and said to keep the texta and get some of the teams signatures. Well their jumpers were half covered but now they are fully covered with autographs. They also got photos with Leppa, Blacky, Rocky, Sauce, Patfull, Green and Taylor. But the crème de la crème was getting to meet Browny and get their photo taken. Have to say I was a bit star struck as well. However the best bit for me was getting to look Browny in the eye and thank him for all the enjoyment he has given me and my sons over the journey. It was emotional, I'd have to say. You know what he said back? He almost sheepishly said "thanks" and without missing a heartbeat said stick with these boys they're gonna come good in a couple of years...and that kind of comment is why I and everyone else loves the man.

What a day and kudos to the club for giving my sons a day to remember. They even said the actual game didn't mean much to them after the afternoon they experienced.

PS Rocky did seem a bit 'distant'/subdued as he signed the jumpers and took a photo with the boys...we later found out he was a late withdrawal due to illness. So extra thanks go out to him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back