The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread should be refreshed. To my thinking it's no longer about picking a few good things out of the ashes as a counter to all the negativity. We've got some genuinely good things happening all of a sudden that we should be happy about. From what I can see:

* Some excellent leadership in Swann, Leppa and Lethal with good support from people like Schwab
* Leppa starting to bring in people like Danny Daly and possibly the return of Craig Lambert
* Genuine playing talent on the radar at trade time.
* Communication is getting better (anyone else going to the fan forum)
* jersey is back
* AFL seems likely to help with debt
* Maguire hates us again

Not sure what will happen with Springfield but I'd be far more confident in whatever decision is made when it is backed up with positives like the ones above.

My son's U14 team won their Grand Final this morning ! Absolutely wrapped for him and his team mates !

8.10.58 to 3.4.22

After losing 4 in a row after the grading games, they strung together a run of 10 wins.

Won the flag from 3rd spot on the ladder

Well done your boys! Did anyone notice that the AFLBJ U14 Div 2 GF finished in a draw and they will be playing a replay next week? Talk about playing for sheep stations! You'd think they could just play a bit of extra time or something - 5th quarter maybe.

This thread should be refreshed. To my thinking it's no longer about picking a few good things out of the ashes as a counter to all the negativity. We've got some genuinely good things happening all of a sudden that we should be happy about. From what I can see:

* Some excellent leadership in Swann, Leppa and Lethal with good support from people like Schwab
* Leppa starting to bring in people like Danny Daly and possibly the return of Craig Lambert
* Genuine playing talent on the radar at trade time.
* Communication is getting better (anyone else going to the fan forum)
* jersey is back
* AFL seems likely to help with debt
* Maguire hates us again

Not sure what will happen with Springfield but I'd be far more confident in whatever decision is made when it is backed up with positives like the ones above.

Need to land an A-Grader, either this off season or next :thumbsu:

Well done your boys! Did anyone notice that the AFLBJ U14 Div 2 GF finished in a draw and they will be playing a replay next week? Talk about playing for sheep stations! You'd think they could just play a bit of extra time or something - 5th quarter maybe.
In our junior league they would play two 5 min quarters and if still a tie, it then continues as first to score wins

A little more Junior news...my grandson played in his fourth GF in in a row in the Brisbane Juniors yesterday for 2 wins now...They won the U16 McDonalds Cup (Div 1) to get home by 13 points after being down 3 goals at the last break...a brisk wind assisting somewhat in the last quarter was handy...very exciting.

A little more Junior news...my grandson played in his fourth GF in in a row in the Brisbane Juniors yesterday for 2 wins now...They won the U16 McDonalds Cup (Div 1) to get home by 13 points after being down 3 goals at the last break...a brisk wind assisting somewhat in the last quarter was handy...very exciting.

Smart coin toss!

Do the kids get free Maccas? I used to play tennis that was sponsored by McD's and I used to load up after a win.

Smart coin toss!

Do the kids get free Maccas? I used to play tennis that was sponsored by McD's and I used to load up after a win.

Just lunch boxes for the boys and of course the trophy for the club.

Maccas support for Junior footy here in Queensland is very much appreciated where the National Code needs all the support it can get.

Smart coin toss!

They give out vouchers for 'player of the week'. They give out so many that everyone is player of the week pretty much every week :)

ZAC OBRIEN!!!!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: I'm no brizzy supporter but you were my only bench cover in DT and with rocky out my team was looking toast and all my marriage wrecking time wasted but no! your stellar 100 helped get me the premiership win and now I will forever be a brizzy admirer and have a man crush on you:hearts:

Dunno about anyone else, but I'm feeling kinda positive just now.

Traditional lion.
Christensen.
Beams.
Leppa.
Lethal.
Swann.
Squizzy.
Dizzy.

So much win.

So much #swagger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things have been too positive to need a positive thread lately………

Good times
Isn't it amazing how quickly things turned around once the right folks were making the calls?

Yay! We are going to see so many super-duper awesome 5 way trade hypotheticals next year now that there is a real one claimed to exist...

what a differance at the lions ! last few years we were the black sheep of the competition , poor performance , off field fighting , no players would come and others packed up and ran away, never a good word if any in the papers

but now , new coach new ceo new board , new jumper new stars and we are the best thing since white bread , every time you look in the papers its another good news story about brisbane !

get on the wave people lets keep it riding !! sign up as members its gunna be a hell of a ride if leppa and swann have there way !!

Since the vent thread has reared its ugly head for another season, so too has the Positives thread to balance the ledger at least a little.

A reminder: this is the place for genuine positives, not ironic comments about how "good" we or a particular player are. There is plenty of scope elsewhere for all the bad news. This is for the good stuff.

So to kick off 2015:

How good is it to have Jaden McGrath in a Lions jersey? Two games into his AFL career and he already looks like someone who can make it and develop into a really good player.

Tough day today but the young players will live and learn. Hopefully spankings like that will make them train harder in an attempt to prevent losses like that from occurring in the future.

Can't wait to have Rockliff, Hanley, Merrett and Gardiner back in the senior team. If Staker and Aish can re-gain some confidence and form and return that would be very handy as well. Having these 6 players back in the team and playing well by the end of the year will drastically improve our output and performance.

Edit: Add Harwood to the list of players I can't wait to return. We are missing his experience, run and carry and ability to defend coming out of the back half.

Last edited:
-The Fitzroy red guernseys look amazing.
-We are notoriously slow starters and if the last three years tell us anything, it is that we will come home with a wet sail. I look forward to the run and carry returning.
-We will still more than likely give North a touch-up at the Gabba.

The impact of injuries on young sides is always the most acute. We 're missing two of our four best players, including our best leader, our first choice fullback and another of our first choice defence (Dizz). I know it feels like the same thing year after year, but those guys will come back and we will improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back