List Mgmt. The Pre Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could he work like a Riewoldt type forward? Teach him to mark and kick well and he could just run down defenders and make good impacts late in quarters and games
He is a midget compared to Roo and not a great mark of the footy from what I understand.

I believe we'll be picking the best available, and hoping to hell he's a defender. My caveat being that our pick will become an AA and win a premiership while Gill the Dill is still in office. And we never ever let anyone forget that even with a trading ban we still aced it.
My trade ban bitterness will be long lasting but I want the last laugh.
Your not alone, the trade ban is still frying my tyres

Drat wasn't sure on his size. But he could be taught how to mark
He only weighs in at 75kgs at the minute so he's pretty light. From what people are saying on here he looks to be in the mould of a Brad Hill perhaps without the party tricks.

There are five rookie promotions before pick 58 so effectively it becomes pick 53.

Our first pick in the Rookie Draft will be 17 so if you take the experts opinions on who will pass on picks after us at pick 58, there will be another 30 players taken out of the pool by our first rookie pick. That's a lot of players not available to you.

There are only 12 live picks between our pick at 37 and our pick at 58 so every chance a useful type will still be there. I reckon we should use pick 58 if there is a player still available that we rate.
Great post, good insight. In light of what you are saying id be disappointed if we didn't use 58 but there has been talk we won't be using it?
Surely given how deep this draft is reported to be we should be looking to be flexible come Thursday night?

I know i have brought this up before but i would like the club to use 58 on saad. Reckon he will excel and get off the leash with buddy and tippo up forward.

Relatively young, elite kick for goal and provides good defensive pressure, something our forward line severely lacks

As hairy biker points out we have two remaining from last year list so if we stay with our list sizes both senior and rookie we should have 5 selections.

Though I believe that Naismith becomes a Cat A Rookie this year as he is a third year rookie. So that would mean 2 open Cat B spots and 5 open Cat A spots of which we would fill the first 3 at least, depending on the Academy leftovers.
Robbieando Do you know if the club has made a categoric statement on the use of pick 58?

Should We hold a sweep stake on who we pick at 39?
My guess/hope is we get one of these kids who slides from top 30 estimates.
I'm going to say Clem Smith will slide to us. I'd love to see him get picked up, rough around the edges lacks discipline but can do the unthinkable and is hard as nails!

Rumours are his combine results were bordering on the offensive.... he'll slide, and hopefully right past us too if that is the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't be worse than Jetta's beep test.

Jetta's beep test is an embarrassment. I mean, I've seen fat kids at school achieve similar results. Either he was having a laugh or we can expect him to come back to pre-season in similar shape to Shannon Cox...

Problem with that though is that he also ran in the same sand with a 39 Simon Katich and also Kurt Gidley. Katich beat Jetta by 2 laps getting an 8.12 and Gidley got something like a 10.5
Would think it would hurt the others more too as Jetta is very slightly built still. Would not shed a tear if he started in reserves next year. Swans did it to ROK, Jetta arguably deserves it more.

Would think it would hurt the others more too as Jetta is very slightly built still. Would not shed a tear if he started in reserves next year. Swans did it to ROK, Jetta arguably deserves it more.
So we was this? Surely boot recently? If it was recent that's disgraceful.

Final draft number out, we've got 6 picks - three already committed to academy players, 2 confirmed upgrades (from memory)... which unfortunately means only 1 live pick.

I think we've missed a trick here... 57, once you take out the committed picks is actually 51 and there is a chance there will be a couple of upgrades prior which will bring it in under pick 50... out first rookie pick is likely to be (effectively) at least 30 live places later.

Final draft number out, we've got 6 picks - three already committed to academy players, 2 confirmed upgrades (from memory)... which unfortunately means only 1 live pick.

I think we've missed a trick here... 57, once you take out the committed picks is actually 51 and there is a chance there will be a couple of upgrades prior which will bring it in under pick 50... out first rookie pick is likely to be (effectively) at least 30 live places later.

We have promoted 3 rookies (Lloyd, X Richard and Robinson) but they aren't going to be read out at the draft as in past years, thus after Pick 37 which takes us to 38 Senior listed players the remaining two picks are for spots 39 and 40 on our Senior List if we choose to fill them which everything points to not being the case.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-25/upgraded-and-retained-rookies-for-2015

Most clubs won't fill up their senior lists to 40 thus the last 20 or so picks won't be used other than for committed picks. In all likelyhood if we have a player in mind at around 57 they more than likely will be available in the rookie draft and if not, no reason to take stock after the draft and see just who is available and who to pick in the rookie draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back