Hot Topic The President, CEO & the Board - CARLTON SUPPORTERS ONLY!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Financially yes. But your first point re-success can be said for ANY club that hasn't won a flag in the last decade. You're implying any CEO that doesn't win a flag during their tenure is a failure? That's a bit extreme.

I know you're happy to be rid of him and you're obviously entitled to feel that way, but some of the reasons you have listed are very subjective and therefore come across as distorted by your obviously negative opinion of Trigg.
Not subjective - but objective.

Do you agree the CEO is ultimately responsible for an organisation's operations.

Financial Facts:
1. AFC's revenues have declined in real terms (particularly sponsorship).
2. AFC's "other" expenses have massively increased.
3. AFC's profits have gone from being the best in the AFL (when Trigg took over) to first ever loss.
4. AFC's wealth is only represented by our white elephant Westpac Centre - built under Trigg.
5. AFC has no liquidity - significantly more short term liabilities than assets. We used to be the SANFL cash cow - now the SANFL is giving us bailouts.

I have already mentioned plenty on Tippett-gate. As a business person, I look to mitigate any losses - Trigg had several opportunities, but refused to see the obvious. Cost AFC credibility, massive fines, loss of highest player for nix & 4 1st/2nd round picks.

This is not very subjective! or any subjective - these are objective facts!

As others have mentioned.. It's just too hard not to see this as another in a long list of mediocre decisions.

I have never seen a CEO of a football club cheered out of town like this with the Adelaide supporters right now. The last thing we need right now is another person in leadership so out of touch with the supporters of the club, I am genuinely worried about our short/medium term future.

Customers duffman, you're a customer now. Not meaning to have a go, but we adelaide members/supporters have been referred to with that exact term. And that's probably one of the nicer ones (pathetic, agitators).

I have no faith in him either :(

Seems like AFC have recruited a few old school tie chums - Trigg, Chapman and Smartar$#; I reckon they need a bit of common-man mongrel on the board or executive instead of back-slapping chums who cover-up for one another. I reckon Gill has a bit to do with Trigg moving to Carlton - LoGiudice seemed to hint as much; whole AFL has a very toxic Boy's Club smell about it.

Customers duffman, you're a customer now. Not meaning to have a go, but we adelaide members/supporters have been referred to with that exact term. And that's probably one of the nicer ones (pathetic, agitators).
That's how the AFL sees football supporters. As much as the clubs try & maintain their independence, they are ultimately all bound by what the AFL deems to be kosher at any given time. 18 vanilla clubs, only separated by their different demographics, locations & how they came about, but now all singing the same tune.

Expect to see more appointments like Trigg at Carlton, Finnis at St Kilda, Swann most likely to Brisbane, Auld to the AFL etc etc.

Seems like AFC have recruited a few old school tie chums - Trigg, Chapman and Smartar$#; I reckon they need a bit of common-man mongrel on the board or executive instead of back-slapping chums who cover-up for one another. I reckon Gill has a bit to do with Trigg moving to Carlton - LoGiudice seemed to hint as much; whole AFL has a very toxic Boy's Club smell about it.

Both old boys at Adelaide's most exclusive private school, St Peter's College. Never underestimate the power of the old school tie!

Not subjective - but objective.

Do you agree the CEO is ultimately responsible for an organisation's operations.

Financial Facts:
1. AFC's revenues have declined in real terms (particularly sponsorship).
2. AFC's "other" expenses have massively increased.
3. AFC's profits have gone from being the best in the AFL (when Trigg took over) to first ever loss.
4. AFC's wealth is only represented by our white elephant Westpac Centre - built under Trigg.
5. AFC has no liquidity - significantly more short term liabilities than assets. We used to be the SANFL cash cow - now the SANFL is giving us bailouts.

I have already mentioned plenty on Tippett-gate. As a business person, I look to mitigate any losses - Trigg had several opportunities, but refused to see the obvious. Cost AFC credibility, massive fines, loss of highest player for nix & 4 1st/2nd round picks.

This is not very subjective! or any subjective - these are objective facts!
I really don't care enough about Adelaide to have a discussion. My hatred of your club is well documented on this forum.

You don't like him. You're happy he's gone. All good.
Just FYI - no point coming here to gloat.

I really don't care enough about Adelaide to have a discussion. My hatred of your club is well documented on this forum.

You don't like him. You're happy he's gone. All good.
Just FYI - no point coming here to gloat.
Honestly did not know you hate AFC, nor now I know do I really care.

My dislike of Trigg has been known for years on the Adelaide Board - this is not a reaction to him leaving AFC. The vast majority of Adelaide poster feel the same way. I'm not gloating, just relieved the dark cloud since Tippett-gate is lifting.

I sincerely hope he is a better CEO for Carlton v what he has done to the Crows - as I still have a sot spot for the ODN's as were my side prior to the Crows.

Good luck & peace :)

All good. My hate for Adelaide is more to do with Sando than anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why don't you like sando?
Would like to know too, as would never have guessed someone hates AFC because of Sando. Didn't think he would be a hated guy - unlike some other coaches...

I've always thought he comes across as very arrogant and conceited.

Would like to know too, as would never have guessed someone hates AFC because of Sando. Didn't think he would be a hated guy - unlike some other coaches...
If you're having a sly dig at Mick I'd take a second to read the title of the thread.

If you're having a sly dig at Mick I'd take a second to read the title of the thread.
I enjoy listening to Mick most weeks on radio - genuinely interesting guy. Smart footy brain & wealth of knowledge.

Really?

My main issue is he comes across as naïve at times.
Just another example of everyone having different impressions and perspectives.

But I love how he thought your were entitled to have Gibbs back. Something like 'we're going to bring him back to where he should've been'.

I think what's happened with Adelaide is quite alarming, fortunately for Trigg most of the heavy lifting has already been completed at Carlton regarding turning a former power into an also ran. This isn't a go at Swann, it's just quite clearly a pattern of decisions over the last 25 seasons that has got Carlton to where they are today.

None of the key decisions he has made at Adelaide, nor his answers at today's press conferences fill me with any confidence that anything will change at Carlton.

Just another example of everyone having different impressions and perspectives.

But I love how he thought your were entitled to have Gibbs back. Something like 'we're going to bring him back to where he should've been'.
Not sure you want me to discuss this here.

Ross Gibbs was a great for the Glenelg (my SANFL side) - playing over 250 games. Unfortunately we thought we had him as our 1st (& only) father & son, but there was a year restriction placed. He should have been a F&S, but AFC (thanks management) didn't quite negotiate the rules right. AFL had agreed til Rucci pointed it out.

Good luck to you guys having a son of a gun. His old man had more party tricks though - best was a hand stand on the mark to put off a player kicking 15m straight out in front of goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back