The Price of Oil and history repeating?

Remove this Banner Ad

sorry mate

I'm getting to the fiat currency and the fractional reserve

this guy has no idea

No need to be sorry. I din't go all Doomsday Prepper about it.

Just thought it was interesting. he does make a valid point re. the need of oil, though.

Has anyone here seen Collapse, featuring Michael Ruppert?

His views and predictions are/were quite remarkable.

I do agree with his view that things will change and those who can foresee the changes will benefit.

but his ideas? wow, this guy is choosing the losers. he is right....go hard assets but gold? lol

No need to be sorry. I din't go all Doomsday Prepper about it.

Just thought it was interesting. he does make a valid point re. the need of oil, though.

despite the negative assessment

I agree we need to move away from oil, I agree we need to seek local solutions and I agree we will need to change.

The big thing he missed was who gets to survive. would you prefer to be a 1.1b indian, a 1.3b chinese or a westerner? I guess that will be answered by war. No wonder the US has a war machine.

5 pages in and no mention of the Fed ending the quantitative easing programme?

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/oct/29/us-federal-reserve-end-quantitative-easing-programme

http://wolfstreet.com/2014/12/21/did-the-fed-trigger-the-oil-price-plunge-amazing-chart/

US-Oil-Price-v-Fed-QE.png

lol

despite the negative assessment

I agree we need to move away from oil, I agree we need to seek local solutions and I agree we will need to change.

The big thing he missed was who gets to survive. would you prefer to be a 1.1b indian, a 1.3b chinese or a westerner? I guess that will be answered by war. No wonder the US has a war machine.

I think the next couple of years is going to be one of the modern world's most defining periods.

In my opinion it is so obvious the myriad of geopolitical pressure points building right now (not to mention the very obvious world economic issues), each one "manufactured" to create the resulting outcomes of color changes to a few governments, and localized wars and thus puppet regimes in others, and greater economic "share" in others. I think we are seeing the beginnings of the "end game" for the NWO, it is now that they want all the foundations (control of all resources) for the NWO to come into effect. I am defining NWO not as a one-world government, but control of resources and governments by certain organisations and people.

Re: China and India, it is all about share of future economic control and barriers to entry - their own in relation to "self-control" and future resource rights, and the West's (large organisations) wanting as much economic share in their futures as possible (the writing is well and truly on the wall as to the futures for the western fully matured economies, relatively in relation to these inevitable emerging super-powers). Whilst Russia is somewhat similar the push is for a total color change and control via "puppet" govt and their "owned" oligarchs currently on the "outer", just as what resulted in Ukraine. Though Russia is a totally different proposition given history and their previous control over Ukraine (which actually made it easier for the color changes as in other former USSR countries).

Those targeted clearly know what is happening and thus we are seeing massive improvements in "alignments" between those "targeted" countries, economically and militarily, with some (China and India) well and truly covering their bets, though China is in the ultimate power position (depending about other internal issues you have alluded to before - please elaborate further if you are willing, I know the Hong Kong "umbrella protests" are part of these issues and the massive corruption).

Militarily US could never take on either China or Russia (not to mention combined in some scenarios) without devastating consequences, and they know it - so this massive push for control (including the VERY aligned small resource countries "in-play") will be very interesting with the inevitable defacto wars that will take place.

Just wish it'd fall for diesel. 140cpl whilst 91 was 115cpl. Back in the day it was the other way around.

Corporations about to get more powerful

the anti-TPP position is we don't want governments "handing" over power to corporations. this is not the handing over of power, the TPP simply asks governments to abide by their own laws. what is wrong with that?

They own the government brother

rubbish

corporations and individuals now have recourse in the form of damages where a government does not abide by their own laws.

it is a big step forward and no need to fear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're are talking about the price of oil going down further, personally I think the Saudi's are still selling to America and that's why they're not doing anything about it where as the other OPEC countries are not so much.

I find it ironic that after all the talk about America using the Middle East for oil we now have a situation where the oil producing nations are trying to drop the price in the hope America gives up their shale production and goes back to them.

I doubt the Americans will give up and they will subsidize their own production of shale because that is the best way to get back the power by not being beholden to anyone.
Either which way I not complaining.

I heard a Ukrainian propagandist say if the west does not give the ukraine lots of support, putin will next take poland.

i find this somewhat far fetched.

agree

I dare say Putin would be finished off economically if they tried.

I can see how the analogy would fit together...

The currently disputed lands being equivalent to the Sudetenlands, which were handed over when the West (UK/France) refused to back the Czechs (you could even add the Crimea as a kind of Austria/Anschluss).

Next step would be Ukraine having internal strife after 'losing' and Russia stepping in to take over the rest (possibly with a Slovakian style puppet state), the strife being quite likely (the governments of losing sides in conflicts are rarely stable afterwards) so the scenario is hardly out of the question up to this point.

Scenario kinda falls down with the Poland step though....Although I suppose a land link to Kaliningrad might be appealing, it does become a *really* big step (also more achievable through Lithuania/Baltic states).

If memory serves, Poland and the Baltic states are actually in Nato however, which would mean the stakes of any such action would be raised massively.

Saudi's are knocking it down cos they know the Septics are fracking their heads off and are producing a shitload.
Tight-oil and gas is not predominantly heavy oil and production has escalated in the past decade.
The Saudis have concluded the way to play the game is not to reduce production and supply in order to hike the price but keep pumpin' the freakin' market and see who's tough..
It's a long term business challenge from the Saudis.They'll run it at $60/65 for as long as it suits to find out who will hurt, start shaking or die.
Big cash reserves no dramas,let the comp know who owns the commodity market.
They are experimenting to ascertain at what price investment will stop.
Keep it up too long countries will enter bankruptcy territory(Venuzuela etc) so they'll use price manipulation as a research tool to determine who handles the pain best.
That's how it looks IMHO.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...xxon-mobil-tillerson-ceo-fracking/5726603?q=2

Exxon CEO doesn't want it near his home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back