Toast The PRIDE - Adelaide Football Club's Supporter Group

Remove this Banner Ad

Was the crowd last night borderline on going over the top though? The linesman got all sorts of projectiles thrown at him, and Ben Williams is getting death threats on the Adelaide United Facebook page.

One thing's for sure - the loudness of both the 36ers crowd Tuesday night and Adelaide United last night should be the minimum for Crows supporters at our home games.

Going wildly off topic here but was the red card justified? I only saw a replay from a distance at the pub after the game, looked pretty inconclusive to me.

Spoiler alert...

Walked past AO last night, looked great with riverbank stand lit up in crowscolours- will be great for night games.

They were clearly testing per game AV. Couldn't stop for long but..,

The song playing was the one that goes "I'm here with all of my people".

Superimposed over that before it and early stages was the sound of crows

Big screen was obstructed but had image of several crows flying in the night maybe with our logo on it

The fence screens had blue red yellow bands waving up and down across it.

That's all I saw but obvious will be pkayrd before game, maybe as we enter or right before.

Would prefer a more Rock song if this is going to be a consistent song but fits the 19th man, inclusiveness theme the club has and the message that chorus sends out is quite good for that bond they want to create.

The Presets song? That's a pretty cool number, so no problems with that.

Quite disappointed in the Pride today.
I set dead centre wing Eastern stand.

Times I heard the CSG - Once
Times I heard the Hill- Zero

Quite disappointed in the Pride today.
I set dead centre wing Eastern stand.

Times I heard the CSG - Once
Times I heard the Hill- Zero
I have to agree with you here mate! I was sitting pretty much the same spot as yourself and didn't hear many chants or crowd involvement. :(

I heard that mighty roar after Matty Jeansch kicked that goal in the 3rd.

That was mighty.

CSG vs the pride - nil all draw.

I heard that mighty roar after Matty Jeansch kicked that goal in the 3rd.

That was mighty.

CSG vs the pride - nil all draw.

That was a huge roar. Our crowds could be ******* amazing, but we can't do it alone. They need to actually give us something to get excited about, you're not going to cheer a backwards handball turnover that concedes a goal.

Yeah, to be fair to the Pride and to CSG, there wasn't much to get excited about today

Hang on - the idea of an official or unofficial cheer squad is to cheer regardless of how well your team is going.

They are supposed to cheer unconditionally.

A supporter gets the choice but when you put yourself into a position like a cheer squad - that choice is removed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately I have to agree with others, I am in Bay 133 on the Eastern wing, didn't hear the CSG or the Pride.

Did like all the Prides flags though - they looked good.

Unfortunately I heard the bloody Sydney chant a few times coming from the eastern stand behind me.

Unfortunately I have to agree with others, I am in Bay 133 on the Eastern wing, didn't hear the CSG or the Pride.

Did like all the Prides flags though - they looked good.

Unfortunately I heard the bloody Sydney chant a few times coming from the eastern stand behind me.
We we're in bay 531 and literally had them all behind us. I don't mind being around opposition supporters but they were painful.

I heard their Eddie chant. I like the chant, but save it for after he bloody kicks the goal! It sounds like you're trying to put him off.

Guys no need to bag us. We only had about a dozen Pride members there to try and generate some noise. That's twelve out of 47,000 spectators today. We actually attracted fellow supporters over to us too because they liked that we were trying to make some noise and wanted to join in. We were trying all day to get chants started but, unfortunately, most people on the hill, hell, most of the crowd today didn't want to get involved.

As a group we've only just started. We'll grow, it'll get better. If people want to hear us, by all means, come over and lend your voices.

I stood quite close to The Pride, they made quite a bit of noise and I guess the hill doesn't carry sound well as opposed to being in a grandstand where sound can reverberate of a roof. The 20-30 or so that we're there were trying, I guess what astounds me is that people have come on board to support them online but when push comes to shove on match day, these cyber followers don't join up and are the first to criticise.

You're right. By forming a group to try and cheer at games they became robots who are no longer capable of feeling emotion.

If you don't want to unconditionally cheer, sit somewhere else, anywhere else but don't associate yourself with a club cheer squad.

It's that simple really.

If you don't want to unconditionally cheer, sit somewhere else, anywhere else but don't associate yourself with a club cheer squad.

It's that simple really.

They're not a 'club' cheersquad, they're a group of people that volunteered their time to try and help. They owe you nothing. Your behaviour in bagging them out is poor.

If you're so worried about the sound at games, get out of your seat, and go clear your windpipes out by joining them.

I stood quite close to The Pride, they made quite a bit of noise and I guess the hill doesn't carry sound well as opposed to being in a grandstand where sound can reverberate of a roof. The 20-30 or so that we're there were trying, I guess what astounds me is that people have come on board to support them online but when push comes to shove on match day, these cyber followers don't join up and are the first to criticise.

There weren't 20-30. Wouldn't have been more than single figures. If people want the concept to work, they should get around them rather than carrying on the same entitled routine. 'I want a loud football atmosphere, why haven't you created it for me'.

They're not a 'club' cheersquad, they're a group of people that volunteered their time to try and help. They owe you nothing. Your behaviour in bagging them out is poor.

If you're so worried about the sound at games, get out of your seat, and go clear your windpipes out by joining them.

Wow - someone has sand in his vagina.

Touched a nerve

BTW - they have been endorsed by the club. That makes them a tad more than just a bunch of volunteers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back