FTA-TV The "Prisoner" Appreciation Thread *Post 557 - No spoilers*

Remove this Banner Ad

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Aussie Swim Team,
Since the other thread was started about the DVD box set I thought we should have a thread dedicated to those watching the series on 111 hits at the moment.

Let's discuss the enormous plot holes, the wonky sets, and the great characters of the show.

Recent developments: -

You Have a delivery: Judy Nunns (Eilsa from Home&Away) Characters husband (not alf) tries to break her out of prison in a botched attempt. It seems any old truck can pull up and claim to be delivering groceries and the guard at the gate just let's them in no worries. No Paperwork or checking if they are expecting a delivery. Then once Fletch is knocked out Meg tells the single guard at the gate to go get Dr Miller and he goes off and leaves the front gate open. Top security in this place.

Doreen and Wonk rock it out under the covers - Fletch (the new Deputy Govenor and a male officer) is disgusted that 2 women in a womens prison spent the night in a hot embrace. Seems like there must have been no Gays in Pentridge where he came from. Yeah right! :D

It all sounds greek to me: I laughed at how they spoke to the greek girl like she was a deaf moron. Yes shouting English words slowly really does make a difference LOL!

Fletch Gets Physical: Ol Monica throws a big tanty for missing out on parole (even though she is still getting out in 3 weeks time :rolleyes:) and Fletch lays her out. Monica was seen to tell Bea after the event, "All woman need a good backhander every now and then to keep them in line!" The PC police had a stroke after hearing that one.

Is There a Doctor In the House?: Meg is looking a bit tired and run down. Why? Too much shagging the good Doctor. But the real security breach here is how the Doctor can leave a cabinet open with valium in it in his office. I mean you would think that being in a prison full of murders and thieves he would keep things like that locked up at all times. But not our GP, he is too busy thinking about getting into Megs pants rather than a little thing called security.

I'm loving watching the show from the start.

I was too young to watch it the first time around but my family were huge fans so i started watching old episodes that were shown on Ten late at night about a decade ago.

There's a stack of obvious plot holes that wouldn't get by audiences these days, the sets are cheap and some of the acting wooden but it really was a groundbreaking show and proof that we once could make entertaining episodic drama.

Lizzie is bloody brilliant, one of the better television characters we've had on Australian television.

Oh and i didn't realise what a good sort Kerry Armstrong was back in the day. :eek:

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Remember watching this as a kid & although not my favourite aussie soap it was always entertaining. Lizzie is one of the best characters ever! But it seriously has the most morose theme song ever.

On the inside the sun stil shiiiiiiiiines...

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Recent developments: -

You Have a delivery: Judy Morans (Eilsa from Home&Away) Characters husband (not alf) tries to break her out of prison in a botched attempt.

Do you mean Judy Nunn ?
Judy Moran is the chick recently sent down for offing her ex-brother-in-law and was the mother of the lovely Mark and Jason and the ex-wife of the dead Lewis Moran and dead Leslie Cole

BTW,why was Lizzy in prison ?

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lizzy was a shearers cook and she poisoned the all shearers after they criticised her bad cooking. Arsenic I believe was the poison with multiple deaths.

Apologies I said Judy Moran but it was Judy Nunn. Alzheimers setting in I think.

Brewster_

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons
Am loving watching this at the moment. I used to watch it as a kid back in the 80's but I never saw it right from the start.
That attempted break-out was hilarious, never knew it could be so easy for any old truck to enter a prison, haha.
How funny is vinegar ****? I love watching her piss everyone off everyday.

HoldenMagroin

RIP Geordie Walker
Apr 27, 2008
Land of Milk and Honey
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Blackburn (EFL)
I was fully aware of this series back in the day, but because my folks had Americanized leanings in pop culture, I basically had to tag along watching drivel like Hart to Hart, Fantasy Island, etc. Now with 111, I have lots of making up to do, and I'm hooked like a crack fiend.

Having lived in Forest Hill in my childhood, it was refreshing to see familiar locales in some of the earlier episodes, and I was playing 'spot the landmark' in the episode where Franky and Doreen masqueraded as nuns around the pre-Chase Forest Hill shopping centre.

for those who havent the later episodes wait till the freak comes to wentworth

My workmate, who's seen nearly all the episodes, says this is quite a long way off, which is a shame because I can't bloody wait that long.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
My workmate, who's seen nearly all the episodes, says this is quite a long way off, which is a shame because I can't bloody wait that long.

I think she came into in around the 4th season and I think 111Hits are halfway through season 1,so it'll be awhile.Fletch 'the letch' has only just come into it.

Wasn't Ian Smith [A.K.A Harold Bishop] in Prisoner for awhile as a screw ?
I know he was a writer for the show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
ha ha the crims who kidnapped wonk had left their address on the visitors book at the prison....no criminal masterminds here it seems

The look on Freds face when being dragged off for a night of bonking Mon....Priceless. I don't blame him though.

You Have a delivery: Judy Nunns (Eilsa from Home&Away) Characters husband (not alf) tries to break her out of prison in a botched attempt. It seems any old truck can pull up and claim to be delivering groceries and the guard at the gate just let's them in no worries. No Paperwork or checking if they are expecting a delivery. Then once Fletch is knocked out Meg tells the single guard at the gate to go get Dr Miller and he goes off and leaves the front gate open. Top security in this place.

We only saw this episode last night (we're a couple of weeks behind, so thank goodness for IQ) and we struggled to contain our laughter at all the obvious plot holes.

Firstly, they simply let some random guy into the prison grounds with the only instruction being 'find the deputy governor', then they let in a truck with on signage and a driver they don't recognise.
Then, when they go to kidnap Joyce, the armed guard is no more than 40 metres away and would have very obviously heard and seen the kerfuffle, yet he makes no effort to come over and help nor does he even close the gate.

And to top it all off, despite the prison being apparently full of women who like drugs and drugs being stolen recently, Dr. Miller leaves dangerous drugs out in the open, within easy reach of said drug fancying women.
And, all it takes to steal the drugs is to get Dr. Miller to answer a phone call because you just know he'll turn his back and won't even take a cursory look over his shoulder to see if the drug fancying, hardened criminal in his room is up to no good. :D

Oh and what happened to Jean Vernon?
For a while there she was Meg's best friend, a friend of Dr. Miller's and a thorn in the side of Vera, whilst being visited daily by the women.
She suddenly moves out of Meg's 'flat' and now she doesn't exist, aside from a couple of prisoners mentioning having visited her recently.

I love this show and am really enjoying the chance to see it from the beginning but watching it in 2011 turns it into a half drama, half comedy. ;)

gytre

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
C'mont/L'pool/Packers/Inter/Canucks
Boy am I hating that Peter Clements character more with every episode he appears in. What a sly douche.
Yeah, me too. He reminds me of a typically arrogant university academic hippie! Since he spilled the beans to Bea, we may have hopefully seen the last of him.

I'm just wondering why the Prisoner threads can't be merged?

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oh and what happened to Jean Vernon?
For a while there she was Meg's best friend, a friend of Dr. Miller's and a thorn in the side of Vera, whilst being visited daily by the women.
She suddenly moves out of Meg's 'flat' and now she doesn't exist, aside from a couple of prisoners mentioning having visited her recently.

I love this show and am really enjoying the chance to see it from the beginning but watching it in 2011 turns it into a half drama, half comedy. ;)

she did disappear for a while although mentioned here and there. But she is back now and has moved back in with Meg again. Then she gives Noelene Burkes duaghter her (megs) address in case she needs help and what happens? The daughter robs the place. That made me laugh. Now Meg has agreed to let the Daughter stay there for a few days. Jean Vernons character is about everything that is wrong with a social worker.

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Things are hotting up. Judy Bryant has entered the building. Not to mention a bit of Chrissie Latham barely dressed scenes and lesbian showdowns. All this with Queen Bea forever plotting that she will "get someone" but never actually does.

Nick23

25 31 37 51 52 63 07 09 11 22
Oct 29, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Loved the bar fight near the end of tonights ep.Tony thumps one thug in the gut then grabs the other by the arm and pulls the thug towards him only to have thug #2 go flying 15 metres over the bar.

I do love bad acting :eek:

Did enjoy tonight's episode, that was one of the funniest things I've seen. Also love how Lizzie tried to get back into Wentworth and they kept sending her home...many lols were had

Remove this Banner Ad

Back