brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
One things's for sure with Prisoner: they'll never run out of new roles to find for actors who have been tossed in the recycle bin. Just the other day, the mother who did time for running over her daughter's rapist with her car got a new lease of life as Officer Parsons... complete with a new accent. Do they think we won't notice? :rolleyes: Looking forward to more.

This was a classic for Prisoner - the recycling of actors. Been discussed a few times already on this thread, some had 2 or even 3 prominent roles in the series.

One actor had something like 9 different minor roles in the series.

gytre

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
C'mont/L'pool/Packers/Inter/Canucks
I'm liking Janet Conway. She's convincing as a screw. See how she took charge after that fight between the women? By contrast, Joyce Barry is bloody hopeless. She's short, lacks authority and wears glasses (which wouldn't be allowed in the real world).

HoldenMagroin

RIP Geordie Walker
Apr 27, 2008
Land of Milk and Honey
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Blackburn (EFL)
This was a classic for Prisoner - the recycling of actors. Been discussed a few times already on this thread, some had 2 or even 3 prominent roles in the series.

One actor had something like 9 different minor roles in the series.

9? dayam :eek: As the episodes progress, and the recycling is all too common, it will be a new drinking game.

West_Coast_Eagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
The house they used tonight for the new ginger chicks house , was already used in a earlier series. Can not remember which 1 correctly but 1 of them.
Poor ted. His house will be burnt by about 6:38 tonight& lizzy back
In jail by episodes end. Show is getting very predictable

TriX78

Club Legend
Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Hard to believe these type of variety hour shows being made these days! Imagine underbelly putting on a one off christmas special!

In part 3 they actually get away from their prisoner characters and show how multi faceted they are..well some of them. Betty Bobbit (judy Bryant) was awesome and so was Patsy (erica davidson) and bea looked sexy!

[YOUTUBE]oCb44NMRq88[/YOUTUBE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gytre

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Wow, that vaudeville stuff is classic. I don't think much of Jane Clifton as a serious singer though!

But getting back to the show, it's great to see the spectre of Gillespie has raised its head again. "The Gillespie Report". Love it. Tightened security (it's about time!) And apparently we're getting two more screws... Should be interesting.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
But getting back to the show, it's great to see the spectre of Gillespie has raised its head again. "The Gillespie Report". Love it. Tightened security (it's about time!) And apparently we're getting two more screws... Should be interesting.

Think it only ends up being one screw - 'ladies man' Steve Faulkner. The storylines seem to indicate that Janet is the second screw. Getting towards the end of the 1981 season, and without spoiling it, you'll all know when that episode occurs.

Bomber32

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 2, 2006
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
I haven't been watching as I saw the series end to end when 7 repeated it in the 90s, but how far away from we from Nola MacKenzie? I might watch a few episodes when she turns up.
We're currently nearing the end of the 1981 season on 111 Hits. Nola McKenzie arrives in the first few weeks of the 1983 season. So it would be about three months or so before that season would begin. I would put Nola right up there as the cruellest, calculating and cold blooded character that ever appeared in the show. I can't wait to see her episodes involving her and Bea Smith again, they were really brilliantly written stuff.:thumbsu:

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Told ya you'd enjoy the end of 1981 with the arrival of Marie Winter and her trademark - a good ol fashioned prison riot - described by many as the best riot in the series. I'm also sure our female fans (or guys that swing that way) would have loved the scene with Steve Faulkner in a rather skimpy pair of jocks :D

Also good to see the arrival of the new uniforms for the ladies.

TriX78

Club Legend
Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I watched the Nola McKenzie storyline a few months ago. Never watched them before..

..j f christ what a scary character..bone chilling.

:eek:

gytre

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can someone please fill me in on what happened to Doreen? I seem to have missed that part. She was sent to Barnhurst and got bashed there? :confused:

As for the rest of the show, it's been pretty good at the moment. Janet seems to have indeed turned neurotic. Colleen Powell is still enjoyable, somewhat taking over as the new Vera. Marie Winter is a nasty piece of work and I'm enjoying her storylines. And oh my God, how about Filthy Faulkner getting it on with (married) prisoner Sandy Edwards? Silly, silly boy. You can just tell he's going to end up regretting that piece of stupidity!

Bea's back in great form, and is Lizzy back as a prisoner again? :confused: Again, I think I may have missed something.

Those guard dogs look pretty scary, but I'm just wondering how they'd be used given their handler will only be at the prison sporadically. Seems weird.

Kate Peterson is a very different and interesting character. I don't like her very much, but she's adding something to the show, seemingly playing off everyone. She's a sneaky one. But I was really annoyed when she spilled the beans about Doreen having a compatible kidney. Her being a doctor and breaching patient confidentiality like that seemed rather unrealistic.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Doreen became the prison snitch at Barnhurst, resulting in her severe beating. Vinegar **** had to return her to Wentworth for her own safety.

Whenever Marie is in the show, expect fireworks.

Bit of a side note with Steve Faulkner - the actor that played him (Wayne Jarrett) is no longer with us (died of a brain tumour at just 31). Would be one of the youngest actors in the show no longer with us, yet some of the oldest (like Mary Ward - who played Mum, and Lois Ramsay - who played Agnes) are still alive, and in Lois' case, still acting (Lois tends to pop up in Mick Molloy movies such as Crackerjack and Boytown).

Lizzy - the classic institutionalised. Blew her money on booze and landed back inside when she couldn't pay the tab :eek:

The incredible Kate Peterson (and again another actor no longer with us in Olivia Hammet). Olivia portrayed the complicated Kate brilliantly, and without spoiling it, the best is yet to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back