gytre

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
C'mont/L'pool/Packers/Inter/Canucks
Doreen became the prison snitch at Barnhurst, resulting in her severe beating. Vinegar **** had to return her to Wentworth for her own safety.
I don't recall Doreen being sent to Barnhurst. Do you know why she was? It didn't show any footage from there, did it?

Lizzy - the classic institutionalised. Blew her money on booze and landed back inside when she couldn't pay the tab :eek:
Oh right, yeah, that's right.

The incredible Kate Peterson (and again another actor no longer with us in Olivia Hammet). Olivia portrayed the complicated Kate brilliantly, and without spoiling it, the best is yet to come.
Olivia Hamnett actually. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivia_Hamnett

Thanks for your contribution.

Bomber32

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 2, 2006
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't recall Doreen being sent to Barnhurst. Do you know why she was? It didn't show any footage from there, did it?
Doreen and Judy got sent to Barnhurst for organising a fake staff roster and putting it up in reception which then caused all sorts of chaos when most of them failed to turn up for work the next day. No, there was certainly no footage shown of Doreen when she was at Barnhurst.

HoldenMagroin

RIP Geordie Walker
Apr 27, 2008
Land of Milk and Honey
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Blackburn (EFL)
Bit of a side note with Steve Faulkner - the actor that played him (Wayne Jarrett) is no longer with us (died of a brain tumour at just 31). Would be one of the youngest actors in the show no longer with us...

Damn... so young :(

The guy who at one point in his career was to be the next Simon Templar appeared tonight - Andrew Clarke. Was also the guy I instantly mistook Fletch for the very first time he appeared, understandably. A total dead ringer.

gytre

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The guy who at one point in his career was to be the next Simon Templar appeared tonight - Andrew Clarke. Was also the guy I instantly mistook Fletch for the very first time he appeared, understandably. A total dead ringer.
Yes, Andrew Clarke was quite a prolific actor in the 1980s. And yeah, he definitely looked like Gerard Maguire (Fletch).

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Quite a big episode - Judy seeing Jock again, Fletch getting the Beechmont job and Edwards killing Fitzwater. Was somewhat offset by Doreen befriending the dogs. We also see the start of the printing press storyline.

Also, for those craving some Freak action, she isn't far away at all - 17 April according to the ads...

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Aussie Swim Team,
I laughed when Davo said to Inspector Grace after the Fitzwater stabbing, "Things like this just don't happen in Wentworth!"

Who is she kidding....only the worst security in any prison ever would allow a visitor in with a flick knife.

I seen the Freak ad tonight and felt genuinely excited.

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Prisoner is coming back

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...fe-on-the-inside/story-e6frfmyi-1226288751891

GRITTY drama "Prisoner" is being brought back to life in a bold new series to be filmed in Melbourne.

More than 25 years after the show ended, Foxtel yesterday announced it will reboot the '80s prison classic under the new name Wentworth.

The contemporary adaptation will be set in the present and will begin with central character Bea Smith's early days in prison.

The storylines will include some of the original inmates and staff - such as Joan "The Freak" Ferguson and Vera "Vinegar ****" Bennett - of the Wentworth Detention Centre.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...de/story-e6frfmyi-1226288751891#ixzz1o9OJNcBp

gytre

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Oh wow. I think that's fantastic news that they want to bring it back. :thumbsu: And I'm not terribly surprised. It's obviously made such an impact on Foxtel and people have such a sense of nostalgia for some things. Besides, there's a lot you can do with a series about female prisoners, and it hasn't been done on Aussie TV for 25 years. And indeed, you can make it more believable, and fix up the cheap sets and shonky acting that was part of the original series. Great news. :thumbsu: I just hope they make a good job of it. There's some very big shoes to fill.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
I'm a little concerned about the re-make. It's meant to be about the life of Bea a before episode one, yet set in the current day. Also, as we're all aware, Joan Ferguson wasn't in Wentworth pre-Prisoner, yet the article Catman Forever has linked says it will see a return of Joan. I think it should either be a full prequel (as in set in 1969 when Bea was first sentenced), which could then include things like how she toppled Marie for top dog and how Doreen became institutionalised, and I guess Meg and Vera starting out at Wentworth, or Wentworth in 2012 with no Bea Smith at all - though you could have relatives of former inmates (such as Elizabeth Latham) on the inside.

There's a few other things I'd like to see, but to mention them could spoil future story lines for those that are watching for the first time so I won't mention them for now.

Back to the 111Hits run - we see the arrival of the printing press and Ian Mahoney tonight. Those that have watched the show to the end will probably notice the actor that plays Ian plays quite a cameo role very late in the series...

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Personally I am not worried it will be set in the current day so it should be a re imagining of bea's life rather than trying to have a prequel for the original series. That way they can have the freak and Vera in at the same time.

But I will say this. I think that this new "prisoner" will either be really awful or really good. There wont be any middle ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gytre

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Just saw the explosive conclusion of the Jock Stewart storyline, and it somewhat poetic justice that Jock Stewart is crippled from a fall down the stairs.
And a great opportunity for Judy to make his injuries a little worse.

This wonderful show continues to hugely entertain.

Bomber32

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 2, 2006
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Whilst I'm more than hoping this new "Prisoner" will turn out to be successful, it is just as likely to be a dud. I'd like to see some more information on things like casting, scriptwriters and location before I make any judgments.

I wish the producers all the very best in their endeavours.

West_Coast_Eagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Great news about the show being redone! I would say there looking at doing as its rating its " ****" off atm on foxtell.

April 17th is when the freak enters. There was a promo during the ad's on monday night

gytre

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Geez, that Marie Winter's a troublemaker isn't she? Good on Hazel for giving her a good shot to the ribs. But it didn't deter Marie one iota. Next thing you know she's picking another fight with Hazel when she has a hoe in her hand! Brave woman.

Poor old Peterson is in quite a pickle. Meanwhile Colleen Powell continues to be quite ruthless.

Joyce Barry lost her glasses! Bwahahahaha. Do you see, kiddies, why they don't really allow the visually impaired to work as prison officers?

Does anyone know if we've officially seen the last of Fletcher?

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
sorry to see the end of Sandy. I thought she was a very interesting character in the show and added something to ensemble. That was a real cliff hanger episode that is for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back