FTA-TV The "Prisoner" Appreciation Thread *Post 557 - No spoilers*

Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Looking forward to the last epp tonight.

Then looking forward to watching it all over again.

19790227.jpg

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
That's a brilliant find Bazzar.

I love the last episode - what a way to end such a brilliant series.

A couple of interesting points from the last episode:

Yes, the inspector was previously Ian Mahoney, and it you look closely enough when Joan is being lead to the police car, you will see that Ian Smith (amongst other minor roles, was Ted Douglas) is one of the uniformed officers.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Yes, the inspector was previously Ian Mahoney, and it you look closely enough when Joan is being lead to the police car, you will see that Ian Smith (amongst other minor roles, was Ted Douglas) is one of the uniformed officers.

Good spotting.It's 2.20m into this video

Bomber32

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 2, 2006
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Great final episode, the series certainly went out with a bang. It was a pity we never got to see Joan in a Wentworth uniform like Meg Morris who was briefly a inmate earlier in the series. That would been icing on the cake as far as I am concerned.

Gabbie

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2004
MAGNETIC ISLAND-NTH QLD
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
I love the line in the poster "Franky loves her fellow women, Karen in particular" I wonder how the readers of the day would have interpreted that.

And it was a ripper of a last epp.

From memory it was no biggie. Wonder if Kerry Stokes will be watching it all over again? He married Peta Topano at one stage, or did they split?

Well thank heavens it's finished. Loved the last episode, even tho I remember what was going to happen to Joanie. Dogs missed out on walkies y'day arvo. No daylight saving in Qld so it was shown at 4.30pm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Aussie Swim Team,
The last ep was a good one after a bit off dross leading up to it. I would've loved to have seen Joan in a battle for top dog to be honest. Shame they didn't make her a prisoner long before the final ep.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
They sent her to Western Australia for her own safety as she had worked in just about every other prison in the country. Barely anybody knew her over there.

I wonder if that actually happens. Given the costs of extraditions etc I'd be surprised if it did, but we couldn't have the last episode of Prisoner without it having something unrealistic in it :D

Rainfall

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 10, 2013
Wolf Creek
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Zyzz ~ Forever mirin'
TBH the my favourite inmates in order.
1. Reb Kean
2. Louise Kelly
3. Sandy Edwards
4. Bea Smith
5. Rita Connors
6. Kate Peterson
7. Margo Gaffney
8. Ettie Parslow LOL
9. Bobbie Mitchell
10. Lexi Patterson

TBH my favourite screws in order.
1. Jock Stewart
2. Joan Ferguson
3. Terry Harrison
4. Vinegar ****
5. Len Murphy
6. Steve Faulker
7. Jim Fletcher
8. Dennis Cruikshank
9. Colleen Powell
10. Meg Morris

'ol Davo > Reyno!

*May Collins, Willie Beecham, Marlene Warren, Alison Page, Barbara Fields & Kaye Quinn were the worst characters I ever saw.

Bomber32

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 2, 2006
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
I love having the original Prisoner and it's characters back. One of the negatives, though, is whining and snivelling Lynn "Wonky" Warner. One of the worst characters to have been in the show, I think.

She is really so irritating and annoying.:thumbsdown:

SportsCentre

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
From episode 371, aired on 111Greats 22nd April 2015. Supposedly a statement from Tracey Belman alleging Ferguson kissed her during the night.

What it actually says:

Informant: Mr G Denniston
Defendant: Tracy Ann Belman

SIXTH of JULY 1983 at WENTWORTH PRISON

<unreadable> you know that if you piss on a flea it will follow the ? of piss right up to your dick? <unreadable>
I bet not to many of you know that because I just made it up to fill in this report that no one will ever read because the writing is far to small to read thats if you can read at all. the time is exactly twelve o'clock the date is the 31st of January 1983 and its 37 degrees outside. I wish I were out side instead of being stuck in this green room typing all this s**t to read and is this boring do you know what its like to be ripped off by your boss

Humpty Dumpty was pushed <unreadable>
2015-04-22 17.42.02.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back