Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

capi_20204fe48fe689ed7f64257f118480f7_5448b88f13b55c5d56f99426e47adf40.jpeg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jessie Hogan thinks he is some shot at the rising star

At this stage I'd like to point out Heeney as a midfielder kicked 4 goals in 3 quarters of football.

KPF Hogan '2.1' who?

#haawneyforheeney

Pushing past the media hype and the hype we supporters naturally have for our own players I went to the game last night looking forward to seeing him play against us.

I know he was subbed injured iirc but prior to that, just watching the way he moves, composure, presents to the ball carrier, pressure acts, strength and on top of that, class is evident. There is a way to go yet obviously, but after watching live if he was one of ours I would be predicting that he would emerge into a top ten midfield talent in three to five years.

Hype justified! Great seeing young guns going around!

Isaac's 19th birthday today. His fan page on facebook already has 2,200 likes!

2199 of them from me.

#haawneyforheeney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back