Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

capi_20204fe48fe689ed7f64257f118480f7_5448b88f13b55c5d56f99426e47adf40.jpeg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

This kid looks ready to go.i know some look at our team and look at richards, pyke, shaw and goodes and think age is an issue. Just look at our youth and the following could easily be best 22 week in week out.

Rohan
Mitchell
Jones
Cunningham
Lloyd
Heeney
Parker ( silly i know but technically he is still a young player)

The number 1 doesn't really mean all that much as far as I know though. It inherently holds some sort of acclaim just because it's number one and the way we look at numbers I suppose but apart from Barry Hall, it's not like we've had many studs play in that guernsey recently. Membrey, Seaby and Stafford don't inspire as much credibility as taking over Ryan O'Keefe's number 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing that will probably help Heeney especially in his first 2 years is that like with a father/son selection the Swans have known we were picking up Heeney for quite some time. That means he would have been able to get in a lot more proper AFL training into him than most draftees. It also means hopefully he will be less likely to suffer from second year blues.

His mum is definitely a MILF :p

I think if I was a new draftee and I read of a Swans fan describing my mother, on a Swans board, as some they'd like to F*&k, well I'd be wondering what kind of club I've joined.

Very bogan Runvs. A bit too Collingwood.

I expect better of you.

I think if I was a new draftee and I read of a Swans fan describing my mother, on a Swans board, as some they'd like to F*&k, well I'd be wondering what kind of club I've joined.

Very bogan Runvs. A bit too Collingwood.

I expect better of you.

Probably a bit crass but it was all in jest. I wasn't seriously suggesting I wanted to have sex with her.

One thing that will probably help Heeney especially in his first 2 years is that like with a father/son selection the Swans have known we were picking up Heeney for quite some time. That means he would have been able to get in a lot more proper AFL training into him than most draftees. It also means hopefully he will be less likely to suffer from second year blues.
I agree with this %100. He has been around the club for a couple of years now. He wont have the nerves about what to expect and whether he belongs there like most draftees. I think the club and ike himself are expecting big things this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back