The Punting Board Horse Betting Comp

Remove this Banner Ad

So some notable attempts to chase down yours truly, especially from Rideclutch and A11, who both found nice winners on the day - the former winning the weekly prize. Robbyroy also manged to eek out a profit.

rideclutch +15 units
A11 +13 units
robbyroy +1.2 units

The weekly result was also enough to see Rideclutch take out the Monthly prize for March:

March Leaders

rideclutch +26.2 units

iluvparis +22 units
Davedinkum +2.3 units

However, with rideclutch not brave enough to throw the full 2 units on Fenway, it was yours truly who took out the second series of this prestigious competition - thus avoiding having to put up any prizes this week. Here where the final overall standings:

iluvparis 30.4
rideclutch 18
a11 8.6
Davedinkum 2.3
Surkin -1.7
bombers21 -5.1
KP -6
Ti King -10
Jugada -12
Gavin Excell -12.2
abs_of_steele -24.75
Areyoufirereal -26.4
swansfan -28
Viva La Mattner -41.6
Robbyoy -61.7

In lieu of a Donny trifecta I give you this celebration:

LcwgjUt.gif

We'll start comp 3 after the Sydney Carnival

Rules for newbies

Given I was unceremoniously dumped out of the $20 Survivor Comp I have decided to grab my bat and ball and set up my own comp.

Rules are simple.

1 - I'll select one race meeting each Saturday.
2 - Bets must be WIN ONLY.
3 - You can bet a maximum of 6 units across the day.
4 - Bets must be in whole units.
5 - A maximum of 2 units can be bet on any given race. You can bet on two horses in the same race (1 unit each). Please try and specify race numbers in your post.
6 - Winner is the highest P&L based on SP (starting price).
7 - Money back for scratchings (i.e. no impact on (P&L)

Will proclaim a winner each week, plus a winner for each month if we get that far. Leader from now until Melbourne Cup Day can share a $50 tri with me and keep half the winnings.

Any rule queries post in thread - my decision is final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the decision to move away from the Championswamps proved pure genius as the rains drifted down to Melbourne leaving us on another bog. Bombers21 was the only one to find a winner and as last like season takes an early lead in the competition with an 8 unit profit.

No bets, no form, just throwing darts, 3 winners coming up:

R6 - SUPIDO 2U
R7 - WAR POINT 2U
R9 - INISHOWEN 2U

edit: R2 - Star Fashion 2U for Supido who is scratched

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back