The Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever experience faulty batteries in laptops? Never had an issue with my Dell in the two years I've had it, went to plug it in earlier tonight and noticed that it wouldn't charge past 8%. It works fine if the charger is plugged in, but that's no good to me at uni as our stupid classrooms have no powerpoints :$

Anyone ever experience faulty batteries in laptops? Never had an issue with my Dell in the two years I've had it, went to plug it in earlier tonight and noticed that it wouldn't charge past 8%. It works fine if the charger is plugged in, but that's no good to me at uni as our stupid classrooms have no powerpoints :$
It's rooted. You'll need a new one.

Mine did the same thing after about two years and now no longer works unless it's plugged in. Haven't bothered to buy a new one yet.

Yep. We used to call it the battery of death (I don't think this is true. Memory is failing me)

Anyway you'll need to buy a new battery. Also see if it's still under warranty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah thanks guys same with us but I went to a mate's after school to plan an assignment and had to tag along with him, his mum and sister because they aren't allowed to be home alone until they are 16. Really awkward arvo, I had to go to Southland with them and wait for her to buy them s**t and it chewed up like two hours of my arvo ffs.

What sort of actions lead to somebody receiving a suspension on Big Footy?
How long does a suspension last?
Likewise, what leads to a ban?
What is the difference between a ban and a perma-ban?

yeah thanks guys same with us but I went to a mate's after school to plan an assignment and had to tag along with him, his mum and sister because they aren't allowed to be home alone until they are 16. Really awkward arvo, I had to go to Southland with them and wait for her to buy them s**t and it chewed up like two hours of my arvo ffs.
I was about 11 or 12 during the day and 14 at night.

alright posting this here in the hope someone else has done something similar, theres some specific questions in this but looking for general life advice from you GDians

- im 23
- back living at home with parents
- have a good paying job and no savings
- said good paying job bores me senseless and i do just enough to get through/make up lies on why im not getting through
- am passionate about many things, but i struggle to get out of bed everyday and have mental health issues and think being so unengaged with work only makes that worse
- i sometimes force myself not to go to bed to extend the time before getting up and having to go to work
- got around 60 for my ATAR (lazy kent)
- want to do journalism, which most ATAR require 90~...however as a "mature age" might still be able to get in? would i get a reference from work? like how does this process work?
- this will take 3-5 years and means i'll prob need to live at home for this period? or is it possible to go to uni and live out of home? I'm really desperate to move out again....i'm poor at budgeting and live beyond my means. means i will be 26/27/28 before i have a degree.
- after living the past 5 years with a good pay, and always just doing what i want....what are some tips in adjusting to a lifestyle where i'm always ******* broke?
- is it too late for me?
- do people think living with depression at times (will be an ongoing life battle for me), studying fulltime and working partime will be too much? will i be able to cope?
- am i better off just trying to get a different job that im more interested in? ive worked in many different areas of bank and in the end just get bored of it as im just not motivated or interested
- any other general tips around this would be good

cheers

Up to you mate, but at 23 it's not too late for anything.

yeh.

no doubt in the end ill just do what i want no matter what people i say, but im just looking for some thoughts from others...

everyone keeps saying that about my age but its something im concerned about. maybe i need to stop worrying about that

alright posting this here in the hope someone else has done something similar, theres some specific questions in this but looking for general life advice from you GDians

- im 23
- back living at home with parents
- have a good paying job and no savings
- said good paying job bores me senseless and i do just enough to get through/make up lies on why im not getting through
- am passionate about many things, but i struggle to get out of bed everyday and have mental health issues and think being so unengaged with work only makes that worse
- i sometimes force myself not to go to bed to extend the time before getting up and having to go to work
- got around 60 for my ATAR (lazy kent)
- want to do journalism, which most ATAR require 90~...however as a "mature age" might still be able to get in? would i get a reference from work? like how does this process work?
- this will take 3-5 years and means i'll prob need to live at home for this period? or is it possible to go to uni and live out of home? I'm really desperate to move out again....i'm poor at budgeting and live beyond my means. means i will be 26/27/28 before i have a degree.
- after living the past 5 years with a good pay, and always just doing what i want....what are some tips in adjusting to a lifestyle where i'm always ******* broke?
- is it too late for me?
- do people think living with depression at times (will be an ongoing life battle for me), studying fulltime and working partime will be too much? will i be able to cope?
- am i better off just trying to get a different job that im more interested in? ive worked in many different areas of bank and in the end just get bored of it as im just not motivated or interested
- any other general tips around this would be good

cheers

I'm 24 and started a new degree this year, will be 28 when I finish. Sure it sucks to see some of my peers at a more 'advanced' stage then you are but I think if you stay hungry and focussed on your goals and are continuously working towards something then you will be a happier and more content person and it will have a ripple effect in other areas of your life. You gotta go after what you want breh and it sounds like you need a change.

I'm 24 and started a new degree this year, will be 28 when I finish. Sure it sucks to see some of my peers at a more 'advanced' stage then you are but I think if you stay hungry and focussed on your goals and are continuously working towards something then you will be a happier and more content person and it will have a ripple effect in other areas of your life. You gotta go after what you want breh and it sounds like you need a change.

appreciated response and reinforces some of the thoughts in my head.

i know lots of people do mature age studying and like it.

are you working part time as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back