The Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ello,

Having my 21st this year and it's nearing, so I've got to sort out a venue to hold my 21st at. Wondering if anyone on here knows any good places in Melbourne? Hotels etc.

Looking at about 80-100 people, any assistance would be much appreciated seeing as I am a lazy, lazy disgrace. Cheers

Essendon bowls club is pretty good.

Why can't I see tweets embeded anymore? Annoying the hell out of me. Only have Firefox and IE at work and it works on IE but not on Firefox. Really prefer to not use IE because it's rubbish.

I can't install Chrome either.

Been offered a new job position at a different company, without going into the details the pay is good and a great company only thing that is "irking" me a bit for lack of a better word is 6:30 finishes. I live about an hour away from door to door, will getting home at 7;45ish be too late to do after work activities with family and friends?

Of course if I want to go out for dinner or have drinks somewhere I can go straight from work so it doesn't end up being too late. Not a major issue, just wanted to know what people think? I'm sure there are plenty on here that finish around that time.

Been offered a new job position at a different company, without going into the details the pay is good and a great company only thing that is "irking" me a bit for lack of a better word is 6:30 finishes. I live about an hour away from door to door, will getting home at 7;45ish be too late to do after work activities with family and friends?

Of course if I want to go out for dinner or have drinks somewhere I can go straight from work so it doesn't end up being too late. Not a major issue, just wanted to know what people think? I'm sure there are plenty on here that finish around that time.

Also this job position above is located in the CBD.

Just as a note I've also been offered a position about 10 minute drive from my house for similar pay just less chance of career progression at this job. It is a large company but I know form dealing with their customers that they have serious customer service issues amongst other problems.

chargers 09
It depends what your priorities are. CBD location is ideal if you have friends/family in different places, so you can meet in the city straight after work for dinner or drinks. If you're after career progression then it sounds like you're in the right place (not sure if the 'customer service issues' relate to your current job or your new offer?)

Being close to home is convenient, but if it's a dead end job then how much satisfaction will it give you?

I start at 10:30 I think however if that changes anything.
For the last few weeks (until last week) I started at 10.30 on Tuesdays and worked later. It was awesome.

But it depends on you, and your lifestyle. If you don't value getting up later and missing all the traffic, and missing all the traffic on the way home, and being smack in the middle of the city, then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. But if you do value being ten minutes from home in normal business hours then that's the job for you.

chargers 09
It depends what your priorities are. CBD location is ideal if you have friends/family in different places, so you can meet in the city straight after work for dinner or drinks. If you're after career progression then it sounds like you're in the right place (not sure if the 'customer service issues' relate to your current job or your new offer?)

Being close to home is convenient, but if it's a dead end job then how much satisfaction will it give you?

Most of my family/friends live in the Southern and Bayside suburbs. The other offer I'm courting I know has some serious customer service issues, wouldn't call it a dead end job so to speak. Massive worldwide company that everyone has heard of, Definitely a chance to be making plenty of money, they are both offering me more money and benefits than they should to anyone my age IMO. I was hunted though.

For the last few weeks (until last week) I started at 10.30 on Tuesdays and worked later. It was awesome.

But it depends on you, and your lifestyle. If you don't value getting up later and missing all the traffic, and missing all the traffic on the way home, and being smack in the middle of the city, then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. But if you do value being ten minutes from home in normal business hours then that's the job for you.

Good points. Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take the city job and use the extra money to move somewhere closer.

Would be making more at the closer position I'd say. Love where I live wouldn't be moving anytime soon, sporting commitments hear as well.

Door to door I'm an hour from where the job is located, I'm only about 40 mins from the city any closer and I'd be living in Brighton/Elwood ect. which is seriously expensive as anyone from Melbourne would know.

Thanks for the advice guys.

The closer job seems like it has it has merit about it. Not a fan of late finishes personally, so that's what would sway my decision.

And being closer can never be a bad thing, and if the pay is just as good, you'll be able to get experience in the role/job and move onto another company down the track if you're dissatisfied.

Good luck.

Do you wash the bread knife after slicing bread of just wipe the crumbs off with a tea towel?

Does anyone know where I can find shelves like this:

sleek-wood-finish-floating-shelves.jpg

I google and I google but I only find teeny weeny ones.

Does anyone know where I can find shelves like this:

sleek-wood-finish-floating-shelves.jpg

I google and I google but I only find teeny weeny ones.
I got mine from bunnings. They're really nice( I now have a 3rd one under the top one). They also had the longer ones.

hxTK8Xl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back