The Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my parents house, my dad is trying to convert an unused room into a second lounge; TV, couches etc.

Only problem is that the carpet in the room has many stains, some of which are nearly 10 years old. Would hiring a carpet cleaning machine get these stains out or do they only work on fresh stains?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At my parents house, my dad is trying to convert an unused room into a second lounge; TV, couches etc.

Only problem is that the carpet in the room has many stains, some of which are nearly 10 years old. Would hiring a carpet cleaning machine get these stains out or do they only work on fresh stains?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, should do. We used to get ours cleaned and they looked brand new afterwards.

Vacuuming doesn't remove dirt, mites and bacteria. With floor boards or tiles you can clean it properly with disinfectant. I have a lot of allergies, carpet is a big enemy of mine.
yeah you gotta go proper steam clean but most people cbf
What do you do with your rugs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got new carpet in our place last year. So much better than the original. Stains just wipe off it which is handy with a couple of kids.

We have new carpet in our flat too. (my flatmate is on a bit of a renovation "spree"- got that, kitchen and next up is the front fence)- it's really comfy, I lie on that sometimes watching TV, no need for the couch.

I have an old bank account that I haven't used in a while, as in maybe 7+ years now, but I've been too lazy to close it.
Anyway, I still get the statements in the mail and of course it's always empty but I got a statement a few weeks ago and it said some random person has deposited some money into my account by the way of an ePayment.
I gave them a call to get my login number for online banking to check it out and when I logged in I noticed there was another payment from the same person, with roughly the same amount.
One payment made on the 16th and the next was the 22nd the following month (which the statement in the mail did not show).

My question is, what do I do here? I don't really wanna take someone else's money but I'm not looking to go to a lot of effort to get it back to them.
If it's an easy process, I'm fine with doing it but I can't really be bothered dealing with a long process.
It's not a big amount - both equal just over $100.
I'm kind of keen to close the account sometime soon as well.

I have an old bank account that I haven't used in a while, as in maybe 7+ years now, but I've been too lazy to close it.
Anyway, I still get the statements in the mail and of course it's always empty but I got a statement a few weeks ago and it said some random person has deposited some money into my account by the way of an ePayment.
I gave them a call to get my login number for online banking to check it out and when I logged in I noticed there was another payment from the same person, with roughly the same amount.
One payment made on the 16th and the next was the 22nd the following month (which the statement in the mail did not show).

My question is, what do I do here? I don't really wanna take someone else's money but I'm not looking to go to a lot of effort to get it back to them.
If it's an easy process, I'm fine with doing it but I can't really be bothered dealing with a long process.
It's not a big amount - both equal just over $100.
I'm kind of keen to close the account sometime soon as well.

You can get in trouble can't you. If you don't notify the bank or is that not a thing

You can get in trouble can't you. If you don't notify the bank or is that not a thing

I think if the people look into it and claim they've sent it to the wrong person, I'd need to send the money back.
That is fine with me and I've just left it for now to see if anything comes up. I'd contact the bank before I'd think about taking the money though.
I don't mind leaving it for a bit longer but I'll contact them about closing the account as well as knowing where these funds are coming from, unless contacting them sooner might be better. I just don't really want to get into a whole process.

Just had another look, and it was 16th then 2 months later another payment on the 22nd.
Didn't really look at the note before and after looking at it, I probably should call them tomorrow.
If there is anyone that works at a bank or has dealt with this situation before I'm happy to get extra advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back