The Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if the people look into it and claim they've sent it to the wrong person, I'd need to send the money back.
That is fine with me and I've just left it for now to see if anything comes up. I'd contact the bank before I'd think about taking the money though.
I don't mind leaving it for a bit longer but I'll contact them about closing the account as well as knowing where these funds are coming from, unless contacting them sooner might be better. I just don't really want to get into a whole process.
Put yourself in their shoes, if you transferred the money to someone by mistake, you'd want it back wouldn't you? Even if it was your fault.

I say give it back, but that's cos I'd feel guilty about keeping it.

Put yourself in their shoes, if you transferred the money to someone by mistake, you'd want it back wouldn't you? Even if it was your fault.

I'm gonna call tomorrow I've decided, hopefully it can all be done over the phone quickly.
Never really cared about the money, I just thought it might take a while to deal with the process and even though I do feel for these people who are out of money, didn't want to deal with the possibility of being on the phone for a while or having to go in, filling relevant documentation etc. I know it sounds a bit lazy because it is :), but even though I don't mind helping people out, they've done it twice now. In addition is that this bank only has one location in WA.
As you said, even though I don't really have much money myself, they could be an even worse position where the money would help them out more.

It's probably much easier than I'm making it out to be, hence why I've asked people on here.

Mum woke up with 22k extra in her account one day.

Turns out an old client deposited into her account rather than the work one. Bizarre lol

Me and my younger sister worked for the same company, but at different times. One day, her pay went into my account (our initials are the same, easy mistake for the employer), but because I was 20 and she was 16, they paid it at full rates, not juniors

We didn't realise until after she'd asked why no pay, otherwise I'd have just passed it on with the very tidy extra couple hundred on top! Wouldn't have felt the slighted guilt, huge multi national company

The bank will actually deduct the funds from your account when they find out, so even if you spent it they'd take it back and you'd be up for theft.

Other than for not being stylish, why was Silent Alarm bant?
In his last posts he appeared to be in a s**t fight/arguing with someone. Would've gone beyond that I assume.

Would he have got banned if it wasn't a mod? I enjoy his writing style, even though I don't agree with a lot of what he says.

I'm gonna call tomorrow I've decided, hopefully it can all be done over the phone quickly.
Never really cared about the money, I just thought it might take a while to deal with the process and even though I do feel for these people who are out of money, didn't want to deal with the possibility of being on the phone for a while or having to go in, filling relevant documentation etc. I know it sounds a bit lazy because it is :), but even though I don't mind helping people out, they've done it twice now. In addition is that this bank only has one location in WA.
As you said, even though I don't really have much money myself, they could be an even worse position where the money would help them out more.

It's probably much easier than I'm making it out to be, hence why I've asked people on here.

As you are the receiver, it should be easy to get the funds sent back to the other person. It is a hassle (but definitely possible) to go the other way but the bank really want to make you jump through hoops. So, give the bank a call and tell them that the funds are not intended for you and that you would like them returned.

I don't think he really did much wrong, more under the common sense rule, that ranting in the shark thread was pretty ridiculous (albeit funny).
SA thinks he has the life experience of a 55 year old despite being in his early 20s.

In other words, he doesn't have much of a clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha ha he's in his early 20s? That's even funnier! I hope he goes through his posts in about 10 years, if he has grown up at all he'll cringe like ****.
Yeah only 21 or 22 or something. He is under 25 100%.

But yeah, offered all this experience about the world when he hasn't even been on an overseas trip. :drunk: :$

Yeah only 21 or 22 or something. He is under 25 100%.

But yeah, offered all this experience about the world when he hasn't even been on an overseas trip. :drunk: :$
Pretty sure he did a contiki in Europe, being from Perth where going to Bali is considered the ultimate cultural experience he does have street cred.

Hey guys I'm clearing out some of electronic s**t in my house and doing a cash converters run tomorrow. Not in need of cash or anything, but I don't like getting ripped off and the thought of getting a free weekend from trade in stuff that I don't use anymore would be great.
Some of the good s**t I'm trading in is an xbox 360 with controller, Ps2 with controller and play station 1.
Ballpark figure for what I should be looking at for those?
Also trading in some games 5 * xbox 360 games how much pet disc should I be looking at?
As well as about a dozen Ps2 games- good ones like GTA San Andreas.
Also some CDs and DVDs which I'm not expecting much for.
Cheers if anyone can help or give me some tips... I.e better off going to EV games or somewhere like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say the PS2 and PS1 are pretty much worthless, bunch of PS2s not selling for $30 on EBay. EB Games won't take them either.

Yeh thought so, how much for a 360 is fair do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure he did a contiki in Europe, being from Perth where going to Bali is considered the ultimate cultural experience he does have street cred.
Hang on, don't associate him with us. He's from Albany, not Perth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back