The Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What show are you seeing BALKAN, where are you going before hand and can I have a recent picture of you? I will travel to Perth, make kissy faces at you across the restaurant and generally spoil your evening. :D
#countdown (Vale Richard Whitely)

Woot another on the #countdown bandwagon. :thumbsu:

Anyone know anything about turfing? I have to add to my suite of life skills this week and am not very well prepared for it apart from a YouTube how to video.
I've only done it twice, but it's not too hard. Just make sure the ground is flat and you've got your measurements right. Then roll that s**t out. Also tuck the ends in so it doesn't look patchy and s**t.
I'm no expert, but the grass is alive and fits in the spot I intended it to, so the method works.

found out a key to my parents house opens the front door of my apartment building...? is that a concern? i guess in theory there is only a limited number of key combinations available, but you'd think the number would have to be huge. The odds of having a key which opens two doors I have access to must be exceptionally low... Having a look at the two keys they are similar, but definitely not exact key cutting.
I heard from someone who sounded smart when I was younger that the best way to pick a lock is try another key to the same brand of lock.

No idea if its true about doors.

But old car keys often start other cars of the same model. Years ago, friends had an old cortina and the ignition and key was well worn. He was able to start his car with a friends key to his cortina.

I've only done it twice, but it's not too hard. Just make sure the ground is flat and you've got your measurements right. Then roll that s**t out. Also tuck the ends in so it doesn't look patchy and s**t.
I'm no expert, but the grass is alive and fits in the spot I intended it to, so the method works.
How often did you water it and for how long after you layed it? The ground is pretty damp here at the moment.

How often did you water it and for how long after you layed it? The ground is pretty damp here at the moment.
Twice a day for about 3 weeks. But the ground here is very dry. I'd say do it once a day at least, but then monitor it to see if it dries up at all, and if it does, do it a second time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twice a day for about 3 weeks. But the ground here is very dry. I'd say do it once a day at least, but then monitor it to see if it dries up at all, and if it does, do it a second time.
Sorry mate, another quick one, how flat was the ground when you prepared it? I've raked it and got it looking pretty flat but there are still a few bumps, will that be okay?

Sorry mate, another quick one, how flat was the ground when you prepared it? I've raked it and got it looking pretty flat but there are still a few bumps, will that be okay?
I smoothed it out with one of those flattening tools, but I would say raking it is good enough. Just make it as flat as you can. No idea if bumps change much, as I got rid of them just in case :p

Why people give a crap about horse racing for 2 weeks or the year but for the 50 weeks of the year barely a dog and pony are at the races

Why people cheer for inanimate car brands

I have no idea what this sentence means but it's Il Trovatore.

Aria = songs

Il Trovatore - has the anvil chorus - amazing chorus where it will be a bunch of gypsies singing with a couple of them smashing anvils to keep the beat.

Second most famous song is probably the duet between the two lovers in the final act when the bloke is in prison.

Il Travatore also features heavily in The Marx Brothers 'A Night At The Opera'

Aria = songs

Il Trovatore - has the anvil chorus - amazing chorus where it will be a bunch of gypsies singing with a couple of them smashing anvils to keep the beat.

Second most famous song is probably the duet between the two lovers in the final act when the bloke is in prison.

Il Travatore also features heavily in The Marx Brothers 'A Night At The Opera'

Ah I see. Thanks for the info. But how am I supposed to use that info to impress the strumpet? (not that it's a date)

Didn't know you were an Opera fan iluvparis!

I heard from someone who sounded smart when I was younger that the best way to pick a lock is try another key to the same brand of lock.

No idea if its true about doors.

But old car keys often start other cars of the same model. Years ago, friends had an old cortina and the ignition and key was well worn. He was able to start his car with a friends key to his cortina.

Untrue, what matters is the style of lock. for example a lock that can be opened by a tok 5 key will open with any tok 5 key no matter the brand.
whilst brands can have THOUSANDS of different keys and locks. ahhh the good old days, some much free soft drink and house of the dead at timezone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back